Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:13:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would make you trust an ICO?  (Read 935 times)
Audistar

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:37:51 AM

nothing. i do not think it's a valid business strategy and never will be. it's just an attempt to milk the clueless. if the idea is that good then go get professional investment from a venture capitalist.

if i was forced at gunpoint to 'invest' in one then i'd only do it if they had established and signed up business relationships in place and a cast iron plan.

That was kinda harsh, but of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion. after all we all came out from different baskets with different circumstances.
But you are right at some point, but I do not agree that there is nothing about ICOs that are worth the trust they deserve.

To answer the question of OP, what makes me trust in any ICO is the dev team and managers. I only join in projects with those dev team and managers.
On another note if there is one other promising ICO without the involvement of those team, I usually decline. But not always.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:42:39 AM

Hi all,
I am part of the Maxdata.io team.
As part of an ICO marketing team - you always strive to show your ICO in the most transparent and candid way possible.
So I decided to ask you the community - What would make you trust an ICO?

All answers will be highly appreciated!

Thanks
GL:HF

What makes people believe in ICOs is:
- What is the background and idea that the project is aiming for?
- Roadmap brings a lot of trust for investors, and it shows the direction of the project.
- The community of the project is large and developed.
- Some people supporting the project more or less and support are made upon request.
- Does the project address the requirements that investors are looking for?

KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:46:28 AM

he develoment team and the product an ICO offers is what makes me trust in an ICO. if the product it offers the market will solve a problem or fill a gap then its likely to succeed.and a good development team with reputation and experience is likely to come up with a proper project

universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:13:38 AM

For me it is good whitepaper= substantial info of the whole project
website = The website is nicely done and the links that are clickable should be clickable i do experience before some websites the link are not responsive and my confidence for the project drop to bottom.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
Guapongbadoy

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:14:58 AM

The team, the reality of the project, and the not to much price of hard cup.
racistyui

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:01:52 AM

First of all it is the whitepaper. If the whitepaper is well written and the project is a strong one than for sure I would invest in that ICO

I read many whitepaper and some of them have a good point of future but how can we evaluate the possibility of project realization. Blockchain is new and many painting projects are so beautiful but far from realistic.

gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:47:18 AM

Hi all,
I am part of the Maxdata.io team.
As part of an ICO marketing team - you always strive to show your ICO in the most transparent and candid way possible.
So I decided to ask you the community - What would make you trust an ICO?

All answers will be highly appreciated!

Thanks
GL:HF

Well... I would be the trust in the ICO based on my analysis fundamental of ICO them selves, i do research about the ICO project will they have good progress in the future or not and i have made research ( little research Cheesy ) about your project maxdata's project, i need more information about it, first step i did not found the community of maxdata on telegram ( just bounty only) should you have the official channel of maxdata be dedicated for the project, let the community makes direct questions on there of course you must gives fast respond, let me know what will be done. Thank you very much.
Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 04:30:34 AM

As for me,the best way to secure my trust in any good project is the advisory team,if the advisors are well known people,it would make it hard for them to end up as scammers and good advisors with reputations to protect wouldnt go for any shit project,they always go for the best because it would boost their reputation.. So for me,the advisors are when I check.

Maricurijohn

Activity: 294
Merit: 8

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:35:29 AM

This time choosing a potential ICO is difficult. Scammers are becoming increasingly sophisticated, they are very well prepared for the customer care team, schematics, roadmap, whitepapper ... etc. We can hardly detect potential ICOs. So invest in exchanged coins. Do not invest in ICO at this time.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Kaattu1

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:44:03 AM

It is important to put the company, their technology, and product or service in the context of their target market. They will inevitably be subjected to the market and regulatory pressures of their target industries, so knowing the environment should give you an idea of what challenges and opportunities these ventures face.
vike

Activity: 411
Merit: 100