Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:52:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCMiners "Cloud Hashing" | $8.50 USD per GH/s!  (Read 23059 times)
neiq

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:50:05 PM

Roll Eyes Huh Roll Eyes Huh Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

Guess this should answer any questions anyone had over the validity of this offer.

Lets get the wire fraud/ tax evasion process rolling people
WHY HAS IT TAKEN A MONTH FOR SOMEONE TO ASK US DIRECTLY IF THIS PERSON ACTUALLY MADE OR INQUIRED ABOUT MAKING A PURCHASE FROM US!!!

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:03:09 PM

I suppose the first thing we can do is give this guy a negative reputation and make sure no newbies buy from here.
AMT_miners

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:28:07 PM

Guys,

Why did no one mention this on our thread or email us and ask about this. I just got off the with Donni - "Nocturnal2112" Who just inquired if this was an legimate order and when I responded No it isn't and he sent me the link this thread and I gave him a call and he just filled me in on this situation which is just ridiculous. We've had a few large orders yes, and we do know each and everyone of them personally.

But guys come on, at some point someone could have just sent an email and just asked if this was legitimate order.. We've had an email dedicated to order verification for guys that sell on Ebay or resell their per-orders to their friends. Its on our fact's page at the bottom Orderverify@advancedminers.com and has been there since we put the site.

I'm Jim by the way, in general we stick to our forum  or the custom hardware section, even though we don't use the forum that much really. On this username it's either me Jim or Josh. Personally I handle most customer support, larger sales and what nut and the "Lebanon, IN" rings a bell from somewhere and I'll take some time shortly to try and figure out exactly where that sounds familiar. One of those cities that is like "what wait.. "

If anyone has any information about this guy like another email or name or tone of voice if they spoke with him over the phone, please post it here because most likely he did inquire for something at some point.

We'll do the best we can to try and help out with this, I just cant believe it has taken this long to get to us.

mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:34:43 PM

Well there went my last hope on this I was down to 10% anyway Cry

Quote from: AMT_miners on Today at 09:15:43 PM
WHY HAS IT TAKEN A MONTH FOR SOMEONE TO ASK US DIRECTLY IF THIS PERSON ACTUALLY MADE OR INQUIRED ABOUT MAKING A PURCHASE FROM US!!!

My own answer not ment to describe anyone else

1. Stupid.
2. Did not have name to ask about but asking about anyone from BTCMiners might have worked.
3. Because of #1 it's only been a week to even suspect anything was wrong. (insteading of asking for invoice number or other confirming info)

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Nocturnal2112

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:51:26 PM

Yeah I find it amazing that nobody bothered to just ask AMT, or for an invoice number or something from him. For me personally, I think it was a combination of his status as "Sr. Member", with (at the time) only positive trust, combined with the fact that from all appearances he was all legit with a Coinbase merchant Acct. I fell for it....Sigh
AMT_miners

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:51:51 PM

Well there went my last hope on this I was down to 10% anyway Cry

Quote from: AMT_miners on Today at 09:15:43 PM

My own answer not ment to describe anyone else

1. Stupid.
2. Did not have name to ask about but asking about anyone from BTCMiners might have worked.
3. Because of #1 it's only been a week to even suspect anything was wrong. (insteading of asking for invoice number or other confirming info)

Ok, yes, understandable - but 35th's is an order we're going to notice and remember clearly, and if someone else is collecting money claiming to have ordered something from us.. its like com'n..  Like ask for an order number or invoice number or something. An order like that would have been paid via wire... im just say like ...  i dont know what to say.
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 11:20:20 PM

see number one. (but I think I've learned). But I also PM'd with him seveal times and was hashing at his pool before this 'sale' started.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
madpoet

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:35:00 PM

Go ahead... say it... we were f'ing idiots.  Sigh.
Nocturnal2112

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 12:15:43 AM

So, as much as it pains me to say it, it's probably a good idea for those of us that don't care to post what they were in for so we can get a vague idea of how much BTC he actually got. Agath is in for 31.5, and I know the last time I checked the wallet it was in the area of 38 BTC. How that was split up, and whose was what I have no idea.

I am in for 1.036 BTC myself. ($877.00 at the time) for 100 Gh.
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 01:08:08 AM

Not the end of the world still wish it was the GH/s even at full price.

BTC 0.4592845
USD 153.5

agath

Activity: 164

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:17:48 AM

I think that it's appropriate to post something here too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=349778.0
Proc

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:38:10 AM

The largest single payment is my (7.3727 BTC). I have not slept a couple of days and made a hasty thoughtless order.

The next day, reading messages and communicated personally, i realized that most likely lost money, i asked for a refund.
It was a lot of discrepancy and excuses that are hard to believe, and a normal person would not be able to collect the money when he does not have access to the internet, desktop and while in the hospital, with only a mobile phone.

But still he persuaded me that at the end of November, he will settle all problems and all money will be returned, my big mistake that I have not written about this before, not wanting to ruin the reputation beforehand, if he actually had these problems.
Nocturnal2112

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 01:53:27 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 02:18:29 AM by Nocturnal2112

So I have filed a claim at the domain proxy company alerting them to what is going on here, complete with a link to this thread. With luck they will determine that letting him hide behind them for the impending sh*tstorm is not in their best interest, and we will see if the domain registry confirms his identity. I also sent an email to Coinbase earlier, no response yet.

madpoet

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:09:04 AM

Thanks I also sent Coinbase an email.

I had paid for 50Ghz, will have to look up the exact cost.
neiq

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:23:24 AM

Lets alert the feds next !!!!!

I just did..

Currently researching ways to report a person based on tax evasion. If the feds don't care about him scamming us I'm 100% CERTAIN uncle SAM want's his cut of that $30k plus once he converts it to USD....
Nocturnal2112

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 02:37:50 AM

I'm pretty sure it only becomes tax evasion if he does not report it as income, and with it being BTC I have no idea about how that would work. I know you have to pay capital gains taxes when you cash it out, other than that no clue. I do know that drug dealers have been known to report their proceeds as "misc income" for years and avoid the normal tax evasion charges that usually go along with being busted as a dealer once they are busted.

Regardless, this is still well within the realm of them being interested, the charges themselves are no joke (international wire fraud is it?), no matter what the actual monetary value is, and between Agath's loan to start up, and all our scammed money, that's many tens of thousands, and that is only at current value.

It may not be the next Enron, but they will look into it, no question about that.

Lets alert the feds next !!!!!

I just did..

Currently researching ways to report a person based on tax evasion. If the feds don't care about him scamming us I'm 100% CERTAIN uncle SAM want's his cut of that $30k plus once he converts it to USD....
mobito

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:02:42 AM

I paid him around 3BTC for 250GH/s, and was planning to purchase 1TH/s @ US$6.5 with 1:1 match. Fortunately, due to a delay in processing fund, the 1TH deal didn't materialize. That would be a huge loss  Sad
ajglad

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:37:05 AM

I have already contacted the related companies/authorities, we have some of his details already so it's much easier to do so. If you were scammed, please do the same. The total amount he has stolen is in no way insignificant so let's end him. I personally did not invest all that much so it's not important to me if I get my money refunded but I know several others put in a lot ($1000+). He cannot get away with this.
Th3P

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:21:20 PM

Here are the two transactions I made to BTCMiners

Date: 18/11/2013 12:44
To: 1LXxQsaDk86wUW1zvsRFDzP9mgyvvHVUge
Amount: -0.161005 BTC

and

Date: 22/11/2013 06:35
To: 18nEXAMTKuJHjgp3Qgevr8XtByPpMhZ2U
Amount: -0.15514 BTC

Total: 0.316145BTC
hasher87

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:08:22 PM

good thing i didnt invest on this thing when it first started!

the fact that his website wasn't updated at all is the first sign of red flag
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: