Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:22:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagine a cashless society  (Read 1731 times)
kenziefried

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:14:37 AM

It is not so far from us this days. It is a common thing for people from some countries not to grab with them cash at all, just paying with NFC and cards, so yeah...
No I think that it will take a long time because in many countries many people are still unaware of bitcoin and they will not invest their hard earn money in some ghost money until they have not fully aware of that. There are many countries who banned bitcoin in their countries which is not good for its future.
Sarisang

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:27:20 AM

of course one day something like this could happen. currently only the development of more advanced technology and a lot of the ease with which it could be accepted in society. It's just that if payment has not been fully bitcoin can be applied in every country.
roflmao129

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:54:37 AM

Not good at all. I believe that the technology of our world can not provide us a good cashless society. It is hard for me to think about the future but it seems very shady. Cash will stay with us for at least a century while people will find the way to create a cashless world

Max.junior1

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:23:11 AM

Just by using your phone, you could purchase almost anything. No need to withdraw on an atm. No more heavy coins on your pocket. Paying bills, and purchasing tickets without standing on a line. Very convenient and less time consuming. I know we're already using credit cards right now, but using a single currency like bitcoin world wide could really help on transaction, having less error than the normal and faster transfer and of course the security. Do you guys think this could happen in the future of bitcoin?
It was a very comfortable life. Everyone can do something simple without taking too long. But I'm also imagining that not everyone understands the digital currency. So cash will they use for those who do not understand cryptocurrency.
zander09

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:38:57 AM

Not good at all. I believe that the technology of our world can not provide us a good cashless society. It is hard for me to think about the future but it seems very shady. Cash will stay with us for at least a century while people will find the way to create a cashless world

Cash will stay forever, I can't  imagine life without cash. Crypto currency can also use to buy other things we want but cash never ignore especially in the place that no internet and can't connect in technology, they always use cash even cashless will be create.
Tigorss

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:32:09 AM

So, what are the benefits of using non-cash transactions? Many. However, it can also be very dangerous. Why? Because cashless is actually like a double-edged sword. If those who use wisely and understand the function of the sword at once can control it, the benefits will be amazing.
Prodigye

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:35:04 AM

That would be an ideal world since it is less likely you are going to get robbed for your digital cash, it provides more security and is much more convenient.
Berfikirlah

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:22:59 PM

If people without cash may be robbers a bit difficult to rob our money, but keep in mind that robbers have various ways to rob our money, even if we are not careful, we must always be vigilant and keep ourselves alert.
vionas

Activity: 261

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:48:11 PM

Just by using your phone, you could purchase almost anything. No need to withdraw on an atm. No more heavy coins on your pocket. Paying bills, and purchasing tickets without standing on a line. Very convenient and less time consuming. I know we're already using credit cards right now, but using a single currency like bitcoin world wide could really help on transaction, having less error than the normal and faster transfer and of course the security. Do you guys think this could happen in the future of bitcoin?

People without cash will be better, because we do not have to bother to bring cash and all can be done through the phone. I'm sure it will happen in the future, fiat money is replaced with digital money and everything will be easier.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:57:05 PM

This is the ideal situation for almost all countries, as having a digitalised form of payment can provide steadily convenience, accessibility, and security among the society. Adapting bitcoin as an international currency in the world may seem beneficial and ideal as the benefits it provide have no limits with regards to the efficiency and usability of it.
Though this may be the ideal situation that we dream, there are a lot of negative implications it entails, such as:

• Embracing bitcoin as the international currency implies that all countries must accept its value and status;
  • The value of bitcoin is very volatile, thus making prices in the market inconsistent everyday;
  • Having a digitalised payment which exists on the internet is always susceptible to hackings and scams; and
  • Every country in the world has their economic standing. Most develop countries may be able to adapt to the changes but underdeveloped countries may be prejudicial into the implementation of bitcoin as a payment since they need to focus more on the development aspect of their country's infrastructure and developments in their current system.

Like what I mentioned, the world is too immature in implementing bitcoin as a standardized payment in the world due to voluminous reasons. But I see bitcoin as a gateway towards this development as it may be the platform used as we adapt to this ideal payment structure.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Jambolb2

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:04:22 PM

Sweden is the closest thing we have to a cashless society and they are starting to worry about the consequences:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43645676

Sweden is winning the race towards becoming the world's first completely cashless society, but there are growing concerns it's causing problems for the elderly and other vulnerable groups.

It's got to the stage there were most bank branches refuse to let you withdraw cash. I think that's scary.
I think it is good and bad as well because cashless means that all your money has taken by some body and you have only a card or a digital wallet which is totally in the controls of some other hands. But on the other side there are lots of benefits of cashless society easy use and no fear of losing and looting is the main.

stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:19:00 PM

Yes it’s true that cashless society is gaining a lot of popularity among the new generations throughout the world and it has also gained a lot of success and most of the users are now giving a positive support to words having a cashless society. But still it comes with many negatives such as cashless society requires electricity to run and still there are many countries in the world where electricity is not there. Then cashless society also requires a stable internet connection and still there are many places where it is not available.
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:38:37 PM

Cashless society is the future of every nation. Everything now is going to be innovative. New technologies are arising that would really lead to cashless transactions. I can imagine a cashless society a convenient and easier way of trasacting,

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:46:27 PM

Thats only for imagination but this will never happen.we all know that world cant stand without cash,because world cant hold internet for a lifetime,in that chances only cash can be used ,so the reality is cryptocurrency and fiats must live together to serve the people of the world
GreatBug

Activity: 629
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:01:23 PM

For me this will happen in future, i do not know if this will be trend with crypto or other method of payment but cashless world is like 99% sure for me cause technology will be developing and with every year it will be only faster and faster.
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:09:59 PM

Cashless society is the future, but to make it effective into the entire operations each and every government needs to accept the digital growth. Right now very few countries around the world prioritize and adopt digital currency. If every country think similar to Japan, we can make a cashless society in a very small time period.
It is a good to the community as we don't have to use our time just to pay or buy what you want. Because of that we can spend most of our time for work and families and friends. If some country won't even adopt digital currency it would be hard to those who struggle thinking of a way to manage time for work, family bonding or friend bonding, why? because time is precious so don't waste it for nothing or to useless things.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:11:35 PM

There are some countries who is already implementing it. Yes, it's a very convenient scenario no worries. I, seldom going out without money because most of the time I am not checking if I still have cash on my wallet, so if cashless society happens it is favorable for me. I will not worry if I am going to buy then find out I don't have cash on my hand as long as I have my mobile phone.
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:14:13 PM

It's very good imagination for us who use crypto currency because it will be easy to us but how about to those who don't know about the crypto world, maybe they will prefer to use credit cards only. But this will only happen in the progressive and high tech. country.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:30:08 PM

Sweden is the closest thing we have to a cashless society and they are starting to worry about the consequences:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43645676

Sweden is winning the race towards becoming the world's first completely cashless society, but there are growing concerns it's causing problems for the elderly and other vulnerable groups.

It's got to the stage there were most bank branches refuse to let you withdraw cash. I think that's scary.
I think it is good and bad as well because cashless means that all your money has taken by some body and you have only a card or a digital wallet which is totally in the controls of some other hands. But on the other side there are lots of benefits of cashless society easy use and no fear of losing and looting is the main.

And I think that is the reason why this cashless society might happen in the far future since the technology are still not that developed to support a lot of people that will be having a transaction all day all night long. A lot of congestion and other problems will surely happen. But I guess with developed crypto currencies in our time, I guess that will be happening more quickly.
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:34:01 PM

I actually imagined that before for people wants increases every new generation. When there is new generation absolutely there will be new wants to arouse and new things to be created to satisfy the wants or maybe needs. So my it will probably happen in the future. No question for technology engage this world already.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: