Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:49:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyBitcoin.com, where did it go?  (Read 16381 times)
NothinG (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:28:20 AM

So, does anyone know what's going on with http://mybitcoin.com/ ?

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nebuluz

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 10:01:59 AM

Wonder the same, been using it for some time and it been working good. It had some shot downtime before. But now i consider start using my person wallet again .(
NothinG (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 10:04:00 AM

Wonder the same, been using it for some time and it been working good. It had some shot downtime before. But now i consider start using my person wallet again .(
I was stupid enough to use it as my main wallet for faster transactions.
Temporary loss of 25BTC (which is about all I had), I've got another 5BTC in stocks (<3 GLBSE).

TheBitMan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 01:23:30 PM

I was stupid enough to use it as my main wallet for faster transactions.
Temporary loss of 25BTC (which is about all I had), I've got another 5BTC in stocks (<3 GLBSE).
Can you buy stocks and shares I thought you couldn't yet.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 01:34:36 PM

At some point it gets more profitable to just run away with the money people trust you with then running a business.
Not saying this is the case here but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 01:38:16 PM

This was bound to happen eventually, the site was just running without a person maintaining it for at least a month; support haven't answered messages since late June. The guy running the site obviously has better things to do than look after his users, he took 1BTC from me over a month ago, probably not malicious but obviously doesn't give a shit about us.

So if you were still using this service after all the complaints in the forum then you were asking for trouble.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 01:54:10 PM

This was bound to happen eventually, the site was just running without a person maintaining it for at least a month; support haven't answered messages since late June. The guy running the site obviously has better things to do than look after his users, he took 1BTC from me over a month ago, probably not malicious but obviously doesn't give a shit about us.

So if you were still using this service after all the complaints in the forum then you were asking for trouble.

What would you recommended as a wallet service replacement?

Bitcoin Weekly funds is stuck there too! Also, 600 BTC that I am responsible for.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 01:56:35 PM

Damn, there goes my 2btc i stored to transfer in quick cases  Cry
Yuusha

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 01:56:47 PM

Your wallet.dat.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 01:57:20 PM

Your wallet.dat.

That is not an answer.

the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 02:04:37 PM

I should drop the invite process for flexcoin if this is the case..   we're the only ones in a position to fix this mybitcoin problem.   The problem is that we wanted to slow down the rollout to have an extended testing period before opening registration.    This rushes it and when something is rushed weird things happen.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:23:44 PM

So there is flexcoin. What other wallet service are there?

the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 02:28:38 PM

not that I know of ..  instawallet .. but that site scares me Smiley   I threw coins up there one time and closed the browser without bookmarking... LOL!

That's not instawallet's fault.. it's mine of course.. but still without any recourse to get my coins back it's somewhat scary in my opinion.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:38:03 PM

not that I know of ..  instawallet .. but that site scares me Smiley   I threw coins up there one time and closed the browser without bookmarking... LOL!

That's not instawallet's fault.. it's mine of course.. but still without any recourse to get my coins back it's somewhat scary in my opinion.

People can still use Mt.Gox for this, coupled with the yubikey (or the HOTP option we'll provide monday) it should be quite secure and there are no fees (not like with the "first bitcoin bank" canadian scam).

By the way I'd guess mybitcoin is acting pro (see http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=22221.0 if anyone remembers it) so stuff should be back soon (well, I'll avoid saying anything negative, it'll be taken badly again)
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:40:40 PM

People can still use Mt.Gox for this, coupled with the yubikey (or the HOTP option we'll provide monday) it should be quite secure and there are no fees (not like with the "first bitcoin bank" canadian scam).

By the way I'd guess mybitcoin is acting pro (see http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=22221.0 if anyone remembers it) so stuff should be back soon (well, I'll avoid saying anything negative, it'll be taken badly again)

I think I may just consider this, dumping my coins directly to mtgox makes the most sense ie. using it as my web based wallet for when im on the road.

Most people allready use it as a exchange and trust mtgox for that so having it as our online wallet does make alot of sense.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
xcooling

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:23:09 PM

yeah... well i hope its just a hosting issue.

neofutur

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:34:00 PM

the 2 options I use, and feel like they are the most secure  :
* mtgox + yubikey is a good wallet service

* bitcoind on a secure dedicated server , you can connect with ssh from everywhere

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:38:37 PM

Wow. I was stuck in deciding on my own wallet or mybitcoin, used mybitcoin for a few days, I just pulled out a few days ago and started to use live usb and encrypting my wallet.

I definitely will never use an online wallet service. For mining with one card atm, even .95 cents is a lot to lose. So glad I decided to pull out a few days ago. So ironic.
Yuusha

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:54:06 PM

They would have made some form of announcement somehow by now if that were the case.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:01:27 PM

They would have made some form of announcement somehow by now if that were the case.

No communication is often regarded as a form of bad faith. Information vaccum raise suspicion.

Mybitcoin may be back, or not but they seems to not understand the importance of a status update blog separate from the network.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: