Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:18:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people are holding Altcoin?  (Read 1815 times)
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:16:25 AM

Ok why people holding altcoins? Well first they want to earn profitd by holding it and sell on bull run,it's just like bitcoin we hold it coz there's a value on it. We all know that the technology behind every altcoins has potential in the future.
Lilmon

Activity: 475
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:30:59 AM

People hold altcoins because they wait for increase in their prices. So that they can get more profit in future. I also believe that their prices will go very high in future.
Holding of the altcoins is not an easy thing to do because most of the altcoins are meant specifically for day trading and short-term investment of money and that there are investors who are using it only for day trading. If you are planning of long term investment of money and that too with altcoins, then you need to be very much vigilant and patient as well because things change in a second.
Its true that most alts are meant for day trading, making their valuable vulnerable to market forces, if however one has strong faith in alts then they can holdit as long as they wish coz their value also increases at its
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:48:30 AM

People hold altcoins because they wait for increase in their prices. So that they can get more profit in future. I also believe that their prices will go very high in future.
Holding of the altcoins is not an easy thing to do because most of the altcoins are meant specifically for day trading and short-term investment of money and that there are investors who are using it only for day trading. If you are planning of long term investment of money and that too with altcoins, then you need to be very much vigilant and patient as well because things change in a second.
I agree with you here. Almost everyone I know who deal with crypto invest into altcoins for the short term and engage in day trading since they look for quick profits which makes sense due to the extreme volatility of this market. Personally, I HODL Bitcoin and all other altcoins that I hold since I don't engage in day trading and short term investments and I have no problem in staying patient. Coins like Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple etc returned amazing profits to the investors who HODLED them for a long period.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:53:52 AM

Altcoin is a potential coin, just like when Bitcoin started.... Altcoin can go up in price too. There are several Altcoin with nice ideas that can stand the test of time and survive the cryptocurrency market.
It is not a bad idea to hold potential Altcoins.
Slugmonkey

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:55:28 AM

The reason I am hodling on to a few of the crypto currencies is that bitcoin's popularity is seeing a decline because of the narrow vision it has for itself and its inability to even achieve that. But blockchain is a gift that keeps on giving. Its implication in almost every field that requires security is immense. So coins that will be issued on those blockchain will naturally have a spike in popularity, hence value. So hodl on to those coins which have great objective and a sound team working on it.
zero4five

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:56:27 AM

Many people invest in altcoins and save them for a long time because they bought them at a very low price and hope that it will grow many times in the future. Now the market is in a red down trend and it's too late to get rid of the altcons and it makes no sense. This applies only to important coins. Weak altcoins are not even worth buying, despite huge discounts.
acell101

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:04:32 AM

Why people are still holding their altcoincoin in this volatile market?

Do they really love their altcoin?
Are they waiting for the price goes up?
What is your reason for holding?
people are holding it because they want to profit more, they trust altcoin too much and that is good for crypto market. Altcoin is volatile they are waiting for the price to go up before they will sell it.
boboyboi

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:08:11 AM

me,i'm holding it for same reason as yours,hoping and waiting for a bigger value,yes we all know that it's only for short term trading but amidst this reality,we still have the attitude of wanting that there will be a brighter future on it,and base on what we have observe,alt is on process of development nowadays,so for me,whatever may happen,I will still go for it,holding and waiting for a moment.
maman09

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:11:42 AM

because some people believe the altcoin they hold will be able to survive and rise again once the situation becomes normal. this is commonplace and ordinary. what happens to this decline is not the first time. so there are many people who still believe that they still hold their altcoin even though its value is gone halfway.
Gontxi

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:19:39 AM

I myself still hold some altcoin results from investments and some of the reward campaigns.
this is the speculation that I do even though almost all my assets are down. yes, we know the market is very volatile and unstable. however, what happens today I have been accustomed and not the first time in the case of a major accident. this correction is very torture we realize it. but after everything passes crypto will not be bearable in terms of growth.
Daddyj2

Activity: 532
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:22:12 AM

Because some altcoins have more potential to x5 x10 x100 than Bitcoin. Let's just say you invested $10k on bitcoin and $10k on one alt that has some potential and after a few months BTC only increase for 20% as its more realistic with BTC and some ALT's have a possiblity to increase like 100% to 500%. People invest in Alt's because of this possibilities. Just my thought though.  Grin

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
altsMlk

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:23:55 AM

They are loving to make profits by hodling alts LOL. They do not love alts. If there's an altcoin in It's lowest price stage and you can assume that will show a bull run won't you hodl it?

VIVA NETWORK  *** Introducing borderless, peer to peer mortgage crowdlending.
A better way to buy a home!  *** https://www.vivanetwork.org **
usd.dev

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:26:52 AM

A very strange question. The answer will also be strange. Because people believe that the coin that is in their hands is more expensive than the coin that you have in your pocket. By and large, I believe this game, I do not believe it. You can not believe that altcoyins are more expensive, and holders may not believe you, because perhaps you want to buy yourself a coin at a cheap price.

owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:27:44 AM

And what is the way out, do you see in this situation? Sell them at such low prices, knowing that the market will sooner or later grow? We need to believe in crypto-currencies and not panic, and do not believe untruthful news.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
mald1to

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:32:45 AM

Actually this is a matter of choice. Probably they believe in the project to be worth to be utilized and somehow has a big potential to be successful in the near future. But one thing I am sure of, no matter what coins we hold, we always aim to make bucks out of it.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
skywalker67

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:33:37 AM

People invest in altcoins and save, because they believe it which grow next several year or month.
jackylion

Activity: 308

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:52:38 AM

Because some altcoins have more potential to x5 x10 x100 than Bitcoin. Let's just say you invested $10k on bitcoin and $10k on one alt that has some potential and after a few months BTC only increase for 20% as its more realistic with BTC and some ALT's have a possiblity to increase like 100% to 500%. People invest in Alt's because of this possibilities. Just my thought though.  Grin
But for the market today, for 5x or 10x coin is very hard, the market is very bleak, almost altcoin prices are down. Perhaps it is more difficult to hold the altcoin for the price increase.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:07:39 AM

Because people bought altcoin at a higher price, so now sold may lose money, and most of the people on these altcoin project, for me, I also like ADA, NEO, QTUM these intelligent contract project.

veraro

Activity: 966

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:18:14 AM

A am sure that people hold altcoins because they dont want to loose money. People bought tokens hoping its will rise and get good profit. But the market is in down trend now. So if they still dont sell altcoins, there is no sense to do it now.Thats why they hold.

sorehammer

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:25:00 AM

The basic reason to hold is to get maximum profit when prices are up.I am holding very strong coins in my crypto portfolio,which I know that would thrive high in upcoming years,this is the only reason I am holding my coins.right now market is red so it's better to hold rather than to sell.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████