Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:47:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip  (Read 368035 times)
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:52:43 AM

I was eagerly looking forward to this and hoping it would be priced with a reasonable chance of ROI.

The problem with running an auction for the first machines (as happened with asicminer) is that there are enough people who don't care about ROI and just want to have new equipment that the price ends up being way too high.

The manufacturer then sees that people will pay $4500 for it and prices it accordingly.

^^ This...

x2, but not shocking given the current spike in BTC and current hardware climate..  it is a herp a derp market out there and this operation looks to take full advantage of it.. 

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:21:23 AM

I was eagerly looking forward to this and hoping it would be priced with a reasonable chance of ROI.

The problem with running an auction for the first machines (as happened with asicminer) is that there are enough people who don't care about ROI and just want to have new equipment that the price ends up being way too high.

The manufacturer then sees that people will pay $4500 for it and prices it accordingly.

^^ This...

x2, but not shocking given the current spike in BTC and current hardware climate..  it is a herp a derp market out there and this operation looks to take full advantage of it.. 

On the other hand, now whether they are genuine or not is a moot point. No more need to worry about them coz they've priced themselves out of the market via the auction.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 05:35:52 AM

I was contacted by Bitmain and should be getting hardware soon all going to plan. I'll keep you posted.
I promised I'd keep you posted, and it's time for an update.

Nothing's happened.

TO: ckolivas,
I think I saw your testing unit.  If I remembered right, these units left the factory together while I was there!!!
Not sure where it went to then.

As promised, I'll keep you all posted.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
sf2

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:11:52 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 05:32:05 AM by sf2

Smiley
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:39:53 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 02:07:58 PM by sushi

Hey guys,

Relax!  They run the auction on Bitcointalk.org.  Bitmain is not the only company who has done this way before.  

They have not announced the official public sale yet.  We all knew from the previous experience, the final auction price will more than likely will NOT ROI if the demands exceed supplies.  

They may have shipped the test miners to the hero/senior members on this forum, but remember!!!  Express Shipping from China do take some time. (Average 5 days, depends on where you are at, it could be additional day or two.  If you are one of the lucky ones, I'm sure they communicated with you and asked for the shipping address, just kindly ask Bitmain for the tracking#, I'm sure they will give it to you).  

You can call us Cheerleaders, but let's cool down our heads, and lets face it.  None of the ASIC Companies have to prove anything to the buyers.  Due to the current demand, any of them could remain really quiet and all of a sudden, announce the 1st batch sale, they will sell out and be VERY Profitable.  We, this forum members, are not the only customers in the ASIC Market and even without any reviews, it's matter of time, the world will realize the companies are legit and did shipout the miners and we could only hope that we bought it in Pre-Order. 

Without some advanced info, we all have to BET on these companies thousands of $$$ or a few Bitcoins, hope that they deliver the miners as they promised.  Our purpose is to provide little bit more decision making info for the buyers, so you don't have to worry to much if we paid into someone with 1 year of wait or just 10 days of wait for the international shipping.  The review is one way of myself and other volunteer staffs to show out gratitude of educating us in the last few years in this exciting market!

I hate to keep using BFL as an example, but, people are still paying over $1,300 for the 60GH/S machines non-stop with enough information out there stating it won't ROI at $1,300/60GH.  Including myself, many of us are in the miners for the good ROI, but, we have to navigate the massive information on the net to BET our investment money and all we are doing is to reduce the risk by confirming the equipment and company do exist.  (At least our way of reviewing the ASIC, we have no say in anyone's pricing structures.)

Technobit's 40GH/S were sold out and priced at 695 Euro = $940 USD.  Now they are showing pre-order and expected shipping date is end of November.  If we use the same $23/GH rate,  BitMain AntMiner at 180GH/S would be $4140 USD.  

Others have mentioned that if it cost more than 5 BTC, it would be hard to ROI.  

As BTC/USD fractuate quit a bit even today at about $100 USD space between High and Low.  

If you were into BTC for many years and have BTC since it was cheap, Remember, even at 5 BTC there are at least 2 prices.  Recent Example would be people who purchased BTC when it was $100, that means, $500 out of the pocket expense or even lower as many are in BTC for a few years now.  FIAT $500 USD price, it will more than likely ROI or at least recover the cost of $500 but may not be the 5 BTC.

However, if you are just getting into the BTC and purchased BTC at $780/BTC, 5BTC = $3,900 USD.  You may not ROI with BTC and you may not ROI with FIAT Calculations unless BTC Value continues to rise.

Let them get used to the international orders.  You don’t want them screw up the international shipping procedures in China or for your country’s customs and you end up eating the bills.

Even you paid the miner with credit card, and you never receive it because it was held at the customs, you won’t get to run the charge back on the card.  Let them run their business on their schedule and lets enjoy their product when they are ready to sell.  

I had to deal with Chinese Customs to get the miner out of China.  They knew exactly what the miner is and what can do and how much values it holds.  (Just the computer parts won’t work with the Chinese Customs.  Let’s get them do all the paperwork and procedural things taken care of instead of running the fire-sale and then the sales get canceled due to the technical and regulatory reasons.  This week, the Chinese Customs were on very High Alert for the digital goods being brought in and out of China.

Price wise, I have no control of what that will be in the coming days, but at least you have some idea that they do have the actual miners and they are not doing the risky pre-order deals.  

Now after they announce the price, you can look at all the information and decide, if the published price is good enough for you to buy or move on to someone else.

If they just want to capitalized on their miners, they could have done so since last week or even earlier than that, but, they chose not to do that.  

I’m wanting to buy quite a few units for myself and waiting for the public sale.  Yes, depends on the price, I may be able to buy or may not be able to.  

P.S. I did see some testing unites left the factory but I don’t know who gets what.  That’s their business and I’m not privileged to know that.  (they did talk about sending out the test miners when they are ready.)

I’m sure if they contacted particular members and informed you that they are sending you the unit, I’m sure they did or they will be sending the unites out but unless you are in China, don’t expect getting the miner the very next day as they send it to you.  I’m used to 5-6 days from China on the Express Items. (There are some regulations involves that, too, and last year, due to the regulation changes, International Express can take a few extra days, compare to what it used to be.

Auction price wise, they didn't gauge the price but the customers wanted to pay that much to receive the units.  It started out at very reasonable price and no one was forced to pay that price but the winner chose to pay up to their bids.

Even this FORUM WARNS users.  Activity Count alone is not a way to measure someone's credibility.  We all have to register at the forum at some point.  You may be the 1st founder and some could be the readers from back then, but may not have registered until recently.  Some could be the new scams and some could be the legit business professionals with a brand new account.  You can use our info to evaluate if the business is legit, but you have to evaluate your financial situations for each particular miners if it ROI the way you want to.  Not many people expexted the BTC would rise to $700 this fast and I was one of them but it DID.  We just don't know if it continues to go up or flat out around here or take a sad skydive.  No one knows.  We have to remember!  Invest what you can afford to lose and be wise about the investment.  Investing $$$ into something always come with some concerns.  It's up to you to decide whatever is worth it or not.  We all have different equations.

If I was to review BFL, they stated, they have the products, and at the end they so far always produce them.  I can't say it's a scam.  At least I won't say, In-Stok or Ready to Ship.  It could be a not-so preferred business model but that's something BFL has to decide how to run it.  My review is to show if the equipment exist and release date is near.  If the release date is a few months away, I won't be able to say "Relax & Wait" but if the products are ready to go, I would say, They are REAL & RELAX & WAIT.  ROI is a different ball game as 5BTC could be $500 for some and $3,900 for others.

One thing we can safe to say is that any ASIC Businesses who accept BTC payments are doing a huge favors to the long time Bitcoin Guy/Gals the favor.  BTC Price may not be attractive to the new commers when the BTC Exchange rate is sky high.  Again, many of us are in the BTC for some sort of investment oppotunities.  We have to be smart doing the math for our own situation.  Yes, if I have to pay $3,900 for the 180GH/S, I have to think about it twice, but if my out of pocket expense was $500, I may say YES just to have the new toys.  

We are also looking at reviewing ASIC Price in the future but we will do so once we can find a fair way to do so. I'm gear toward expected ROI based on the BTC for the next 3 months is the model I'm thinking would be fair but we will see.

Remember, the Chinese Market is Huge.  KnC even got into Chinese Market.  Many ASIC companies can do business ONLY with Chinese or within China to profit, however, whatever the reasons, Bitmain decided to play int he International Role.  Let's welcome their first step!  

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:48:24 AM

Then how about Bitmain responds instead of a member with 28 activity?  Their pricing is too expensive, the auction was borderline nonsense, we have zero info on the USBs, etc.  We have zero validation from senior/hero/software maintaining members that these exist and function as promised.

No offense, but I'm so tired of seeing "I'm this manu's cheerleader and I'll keep answering positively for them while they remain silent".  I work 70+ hour weeks and I can still post on this forum, no excuse for a vendor to not keep people interested.
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:19:52 AM

Then how about Bitmain responds instead of a member with 28 activity?  Their pricing is too expensive, the auction was borderline nonsense, we have zero info on the USBs, etc.  We have zero validation from senior/hero/software maintaining members that these exist and function as promised.

No offense, but I'm so tired of seeing "I'm this manu's cheerleader and I'll keep answering positively for them while they remain silent".  I work 70+ hour weeks and I can still post on this forum, no excuse for a vendor to not keep people interested.
Bitmain has asked for reviewers and got some.
The latest is that they have sent out the miners to the reviewers.
No confirmation from a reviewer yet tho that they received them.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
miter_myles

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:53:51 PM

This - while not on ignore I generally don't read anything this sushi guy says as it is always blatant pump up rah rah bullshit.. gets old real fast..

Textplorer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:01:07 PM

+1
Well said.
bitcoinlord

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:22:38 PM

Hey guys,

Relax!  They run the auction on Bitcointalk.org.  Bitmain is not the only company who has done this way before.  

I have seen Bitman Chinese thread, which seems to be much more friendly than on this thread. I assume it's the language barrier (I may be wrong).

Sushi is just trying to help. He does not have to - as he could have purchased the rigs for himself and not share the details with us. Hence, you guys need to lighten up.

+1 power to Sushi for his positive actions.

miter_myles

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:26:46 PM

Hey guys,

I have seen Bitman Chinese thread, which seems to be much more friendly than on this thread. I assume it's the language barrier (I may be wrong).

Sushi is just trying to help. He does not have to - as he could have purchased the rigs for himself and not share the details with us. Hence, you guys need to lighten up.

+1 power to Sushi for his positive actions.

Yeah - just like a car salesman... oh so very helpful all the time! 

Hence, this is the internet.. will do as I please.. kthx!

sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:17:09 PM

Here is my personal feeling. 

Anytime New ASIC Miners or other Miners are coming out it's a good news!  Specially if they are going to do the in-stock sale, that's excellent day!  If we are lucky enough to buy many of them that's a day in heaven. 

It's simply exciting and full of positive things, but unfortunately, there are so many people lost money in the pre-orders, now when we hear someone started up a new company to produce the ASIC Miners, all we hear is SCAM/FRAUD/NO GOOD/Too Expensive.  I like to remain POSITIVE.

Soon, you'll hear from us once we find CONS with Bitmain's AntMiner, but so far, there is nothing we found that contradict their claim.  the machine is working as they advertised.  As I already mentioned there is a speed bump for the newbees as you have to set up the PSU to work with the miner, but it's not too hard to do.  (Hence, I will provide a easy how to guide soon.)

reactor

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:26:16 PM

Anytime New ASIC Miners or other Miners are coming out it's a good news!  Specially if they are going to do the in-stock sale, that's excellent day!  If we are lucky enough to buy many of them that's a day in heaven. 

It's simply exciting and full of positive things, but unfortunately, there are so many people lost money in the pre-orders, now when we hear someone started up a new company to produce the ASIC Miners, all we hear is SCAM/FRAUD/NO GOOD/Too Expensive.  I like to remain POSITIVE.

Soon, you'll hear from us once we find CONS with Bitmain's AntMiner, but so far, there is nothing we found that contradict their claim.  the machine is working as they advertised.  As I already mentioned there is a speed bump for the newbees as you have to set up the PSU to work with the miner, but it's not too hard to do.  (Hence, I will provide a easy how to guide soon.)

Simply put - right now a vendor like Bitmain has an idea of what their physical, fiat, parts-in-hand cost is for the units.  Therefore knowing pricing in a fiat value (not BTC which could fluctuate wildly from day-to-day).  Once we have verification from trusted community members that this hardware is legit then there will be less questions.  I appreciate any effort you have put forth, Sushi, but we've seen far too many folks who were adamant about the vendor they were pushing and then turned into a void once issues popped up.  So good job, but far too many have screwed up in your exact spot that many people in the community don't trust cheerleaders, instead we now rely on factual evidence provided by multiple parties who have no reason to lie.

Back on point - look at the hellfire/rage that vendors accumulate for overpricing hardware.  Yeah, just about everyone sells out, but after a while the community grows tired of this game and there will be a point people stop buying hardware because the price point => earnings potential is not there.  A few of us have been saying for a while that a vendor can basically own the competition if they price it that...

ROI estimate > purchase price in fiat > cost in parts and labor

Note the above ^^ everyone wins!  Greed does not need to be the business model!  Let's get one of those wacky libertarians in here who believes BTC is the next best thing since life itself and they can talk your ear off about how greed is fundamentally destroying what BTC set out to be. 

AsicMiner proved that they could have done this with the USBs but they never price in that magic zone.  The first vendor who does can sell thousands of units easily AND get some street cred with the community for not being the next AM/BFL/CT/HF/Avalon, etc.
zyrixian

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:44:38 PM

Simply put - right now a vendor like Bitmain has an idea of what their physical, fiat, parts-in-hand cost is for the units.  Therefore knowing pricing in a fiat value (not BTC which could fluctuate wildly from day-to-day).  Once we have verification from trusted community members that this hardware is legit then there will be less questions.  I appreciate any effort you have put forth, Sushi, but we've seen far too many folks who were adamant about the vendor they were pushing and then turned into a void once issues popped up.  So good job, but far too many have screwed up in your exact spot that many people in the community don't trust cheerleaders, instead we now rely on factual evidence provided by multiple parties who have no reason to lie.

Back on point - look at the hellfire/rage that vendors accumulate for overpricing hardware.  Yeah, just about everyone sells out, but after a while the community grows tired of this game and there will be a point people stop buying hardware because the price point => earnings potential is not there.  A few of us have been saying for a while that a vendor can basically own the competition if they price it that...

ROI estimate > purchase price in fiat > cost in parts and labor

Note the above ^^ everyone wins!  Greed does not need to be the business model!  Let's get one of those wacky libertarians in here who believes BTC is the next best thing since life itself and they can talk your ear off about how greed is fundamentally destroying what BTC set out to be. 

AsicMiner proved that they could have done this with the USBs but they never price in that magic zone.  The first vendor who does can sell thousands of units easily AND get some street cred with the community for not being the next AM/BFL/CT/HF/Avalon, etc.

Well put!
sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:27:29 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 03:49:15 PM by sushi

reactor,  Thank  you!

As we gain more supports as we publish more reviews, may be things will change a bit but until then, we will continue to provide information and stay on the positive side.

But we don't expect many other manufactures to do the same as Bitmain offered the test units to the Hero/Sr Members to test out before the public sale.  Now with the new Chip Size, it cost a lot more for the manufactures for the per/unit true cost.  

What we expect is more News Releases from the new companies and we/consumers just have to take the risk.  

In the future, if we get more supports from the community, we may consider bringing other member's testing units with us to speed up the delivery time.  Since this was self funded review project, I couldn't justify paying extra luggage fees, hassle of carrying more suitcases, nightmare of Customs and all the labor involved.  ( but this is a big IF, as per unit price increases, the manufactures may not provide the testing units to the communities...  Also, as the unit size becomes larger, per item shipping cost will hit $500 - $800 depends on how heavy and big the miner could be vs. $100 - $300 in extra luggage fees with some risk of import/export tax.  If the trip was funded by the communities, I will be more obligated to take the abuse and do more labors to speed up the testing units to arrive final destinations in the Western Countries.

merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:49:10 PM

Yeah go fuck yourselfs another typical scum vendor.

He has missed the boat.  A 180gh miner was not the way to go..  usb sticks .  AM sold 100's of thousands of sticks.  Right now Red fury sticks sell on usa ebay at 200-250 usd in a matter of minutes.

They should be making only usb sticks  1.7gh at 2 watts  would be good enough to sell like mad.  The 180gh miner move is dumb short range thinking.   usb sticks  5x the speed of am sticks with a bit less power used per stick 2 watts a stick would sell and sell and sell and sell.

I sold more then 1000 sticks on ebay in the usa. I know usb stick prices well.
_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________
  Right now AM sticks are going for over 33 usd

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASICMINER-Sapphire-Block-Erupter-USB-Asic-Miner-with-Upgraded-Heatsink-330Mh-s-/271325848671?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2c47e45f
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________
  red fury over 225 usd

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-FURY-Bitfury-USB-ASIC-2-Gh-s-Bitcoin-Miner-6-7x-Faster-than-Block-Erupter-/161154320570?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25858bc8ba
_______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________
the polish 2x red fury sell over 350 usd.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301016366347

To be trying to knock heads against KNC   is a MORON move plain and simple.     price point is a key selling point and these sellers are missing the boat trying to sell big ticket gear when the money is in the sticks.

You speak a lot of truth, brother.  People need a cheap, easy to utilize option like USB's, etc..  Power consumption is low enough that you can run it forever without noticing a hit on the power bill, the only problem is nobody is offering a competitive option.  The 5gh sticks are overpriced, other "fury" units as well, we can only hope the USB here is priced more competitively than the larger unit.  AM made a killing selling sticks at just over what most of us would consider the ROI point, now we need the next gen of usb devices so that people who don't want to sink $1000+ into hardware have a reasonable, ready-to-ship option that is also convenient for folks like phil here who loves the eBay.  Smiley  And don't even mention the cube, it's like AM took the original Jala cases and made it their own with overpriced, power-hungry hardware.

It is really annoying to me.  I have dozens of buyers begging for  more sticks.   I do not need a cube, a jally, a blade  yada yada yada.

I need sticks.   I sold 3 red furies at 222.22 each all sold in under 2 hours .    I have a price point issue  I need a piece of gear to be sold on under 250 and small.

Why is that ebay does not require a signature for gear under 250. And the post office has lots of small box low cost shipping with tracking.   Also buyers in the under 250 range really are a bit afraid of dropping a lot in the BTC game but have a healthy curiosity .. So buying a red fury  or a few am sticks to get in the game appeal to them.

These buyers are the future of BTC.  If I got 50 guys into this on ebay from the beginning which I did do at least that many.  Most of them are now a bit wiser and they liked that the first seller did not bend them over and take advantage of them.  Like BFL did to me still waiting on my Jan 2013 money.

+1000
I've been selling ASICminer BE's in AU and have been inundated with hundreds of request for more, and I haven't used eBay for while, just a few at beginning (fees are a killer)
Please, need to know prices and how to order.
sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:37:32 PM

This is the sad FACT...

Over $2,000 USD for 60GH/S In-Stock Sale  That can 180 GH/S = $6,000 USD or more vast majority are willing to pay TODAY. (more like $7,000 USD)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X60GH%2FS&_nkw=60GH%2FS&_sacat=0&_from=R40

reactor

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:44:40 PM

reactor,  Thank  you!

As we gain more supports as we publish more reviews1, may be things will change a bit but until then, we will continue to provide information and stay on the positive side.

But we don't expect many other manufactures to do the same as Bitmain offered the test units to the Hero/Sr Members to test out before the public sale.  Now with the new Chip Size, it cost a lot more for the manufactures for the per/unit true cost.  

What we expect is more News Releases from the new companies and we/consumers just have to take the risk2.  

In the future, if we get more supports from the community, we may consider bringing other member's testing units with us to speed up the delivery time3.  Since this was self funded review project, I couldn't justify paying extra luggage fees, hassle of carrying more suitcases, nightmare of Customs and all the labor involved.  ( but this is a big IF, as per unit price increases, the manufactures may not provide the testing units to the communities...  Also, as the unit size becomes larger, per item shipping cost will hit $500 - $800 depends on how heavy and big the miner could be vs. $100 - $300 in extra luggage fees with some risk of import/export tax.  If the trip was funded by the communities4, I will be more obligated to take the abuse and do more labors to speed up the testing units to arrive final destinations in the Western Countries.

1) Reviews from who?  Who that the community trusts is currently waiting to receive hardware that can verify anything?

2) Nobody needs to take a risk at all - consumers can put their funds elsewhere.  Hardware manufacturers, small and large, have to realize that even though they are taking the chance to dip into this market, if at the end of the day the hardware is priced over what someone will reasonably pay for it the community isn't responsible to bail anyone out.  Manu's can just mine their overpriced hardware until the power usage becomes an issue.  But there are suckers born every minute, so even if you sell something that guarantees it won't produce back the price paid people will buy.  Sad but true.

3) There is a lot of "we" being thrown around.  It makes it sound like you're in bed with Bitmain and not independent.  Just an observation.

4) The community didn't know about this trip until a practically new account started talking about taking a trip to Bitmain.  That in itself is suspicious, despite any "good" info provided. 

We're not asking anyone to squeeze diamonds out of a pile of crap, just cut the marketing fluff and provide relevant info. 
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:51:03 PM

since when does a manufacturer have to reflect eBay pricing?
This doesn't make any sense, and if this is how it's going to be priced then put them on eBay and I'll (we) can buy from there with Paypal protection.

BTW, if a manufacturer will not accept CC or Paypal, that just tells me they don't trust their own product

sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:19:51 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 06:06:55 PM by sushi

Setting up the review takes a few people.  Someone to travel (in this case it was me), someone to keep track of where the traveler is as often as possible, someone who knows about building the website, someone to see I’m not way off to the RIGHT or LEFT and way politically wrong on the posts (to avoid remorse after the post) and sacrifices from loved ones around us and my Piggy Bank  Grin

Back to the Product Review as it's still ongoing.

Even though the Bitmain AntMiner supports built-in Wi-Fi mining, to get the best out of the miner while running Wi-Fi at home, here is an easy solution for you and we tested it for over 24-hours and so far it’s working.

You can use any similar items to make it work.  We picked readily available item at the US BestBuy Sotre.  Netgear Model#: WNCE2001-100NAS.  (Price was $49.99)

If you happens to be living in a dorm, apartment or wherever you can only access to the internet via Wi-Fi, this will make the Bitmain Antminer believe it’s connected to the wired Ethernet and this will not stress the miner.  

Bandwidth use during the last 24-hours or more like 36 hours happened to be RX: 38.86 MB (161800 Pkts.) & TX: 14.68 MB (105524 Pkts.)

We purchased the above item to test it out with the Bitmain AntMiner and it worked!

Let's get back to the Miner Info!

[UPDATE] We tested the unit for over 24-hour and it did produce about 0.14 BTC in 24 hours.

I updated with the screenshot from BTCGUILD after 24-hour operation of The AntMiner 180GH/S version

Here is more detailed, slower videos.

http://youtu.be/uxgdAT7B_DQ

http://youtu.be/h0MPtkWZ1r8  <== Noise Level from the miner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puHeCjNM6dc <== Initial Trailer Video

Some of you called the trailer cheesy...    (I can't give you 1 minute of your time refund.  Watch it with your own RISK!   Grin Grin Grin

Photo wise, you can download it from

http://www.asic-review.com/public/bitmain_20131118.zip

for the next week or so, then I will delete them.  (However, you can view them all at https://www.facebook.com/review.asic )

Please wait their Price Announcement!  My guess is in about 4-6 days, a few Hero Members will receive the testing units directly from Bitmain.  I'm sure they will talk about the unit's pros and cons from their perspective as well.

Here are after 15-hour adn 36-hour operation of the Bitmain Antminer 180GH/S machine at BTCGUILD. Temperature and hashing seem to be stable! (Updated: over 36-hour operation, the temperature remains the same range)  Hashing Rate Reporting after the reboot shows a bit different from the miner's hashing report.  (BTCGUILD shows hashing in 160's GH/S for this moment.  But the highest I've seen was over 200GH/S, too.  So it fractuate both side.

The temperature is steady for the last 20 hours.  

44ºC = 111.20ºF
48ºC = 118.40ºF

The system also auto-minotor the real-time temperature of the miner.  THe display is in C Degree.

Here are the actual chips.  Non-branded chips were the prototype/demo/testing versions at the lab.

Power Consumption.  (While hashing at over 180 GH/S)  Antec Neo Eco 450W Power Supply Unit in Use for this photo.

Miner was in this box when I received it.  Inside the box was padded all the way.

Bitmain AntMiner 180GH/S in Action (Tokyo Japan, Los Angeles California)

This is the BTC GUILD Screen.  These miners were fresh out of the production line in the burn-test.

AntMiner has it's own Web Based Control panel that you can configure the miners the way you want it.  (One of the screen will show your hashrate, miner temperature, pool info and others.

Miner's Connection to the Internet/Mining Pool

This miner has a built-in Ethernet Port as well as Built-In Wi-Fi.  Hard wire use is highly recommended.  If you want to use Wi-Fi, if you could, please use one of the Wi-Fi Bridge to maximize the miner's processing power.  By using the Wi-Fi Bridge and then plug into the Ethernet Cable from the Wi-Fi Bridge, AntMiner will think it's connected to the Internet via Ethernet. (At BestBuy, this Wi-Fi Bridge is $49.99)  * The testing unit's Ethernet Port has 2 led but only 1 green flashes.  (This could be the hardware issues, but no effect on mining operation)

Bandwidth use during the last 24-hours or more like 36 hours happened to be RX: 38.86 MB (161800 Pkts.) & TX: 14.68 MB (105524 Pkts.)

When I was there, they were very seroius about the quality control of their units.  Many people were assigned to do their hands and visual check and testing to ensure highest quality as possible.  It reminded me the good ol'e days Quality Control from the Japanese Manufactures.

Production Lines...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330665.msg3638863#msg3638863

Preparing the Computer's PSU for the AntMiner was easy! It was just a few minutes of preparation.  I will update later with detailed instructions for someone who have never used computer's PSU for the miner's power source.  

This unit has a built-in Wi-Fi option, but to get the max mining power & stable mining, Ethernet connection is recommend!

If you must mine via Wi-Fi, I will update you guys with a quick workaround to get the full mining power without taxing the AntMiner with the Wi-Fi Processing.

Also, this machine could be mining efficiently than 3 units of BFL 60GH/S.  As others reviewed BFL's 60GH unit to mine about 0.01 BTC a day.  At this point it's still going up but less than 24-hour period, it mined BTC 0.06 BTC so far  (For newbees, Please DO NOT forget that the difficulties changes almost weekly.  The number of BTC you mine with any miners will decrease as the difficulties go up!!

* As this is a sensitive information, I would say, wait for the manufacture to release documentation on the chip/ protocol/ reference design.  ASIC Chip business is a really brutal one as many competitors are trying to Spy on others and run Black Ops to get steps ahead.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: