Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:05:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip  (Read 368035 times)
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:40:25 PM

I think all units can handle 400MHz, depending on what you will accept as HW errors

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:03:42 PM

I think all units can handle 400MHz, depending on what you will accept as HW errors
I guess that's why he wrote it with Gh/s too. It make no sense to OC 400Mhz and pull 440Watt and on Poolside only 180Gh/s arrive.

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
ldh37

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:38:12 PM

On mine the sweet spot seems to be 393.75Mhz.  That gives me an average of 200GH/s with <=1% HW errors and about 380W at the wall with an 80+ Gold PSU.

Donations Welcome - BTC: 1JUyXPSLgCtmp65LBJjN5MTFRQjWPhxExM
COINBASE - Buy/Sell BTC
Fior Sirtheoir

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:10:59 PM

I could really use some direction on being able to point the S1's I have at a pool without changing the config in each miner 1 by 1, can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks
mdopro1

Activity: 308

Double your Personal Bitcoin Funds.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:56:33 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 07:08:19 PM by mdopro1

I could really use some direction on being able to point the S1's I have at a pool without changing the config in each miner 1 by 1, can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks
If you mean changing a pool, then I was in the same situation and spent $25 to get CGRemote. Turned on API access on local network and all miners (I have several) show up in CGRemote. I can now change pool on as many ant miners in a few clicks. It works amazing.

Question for rest: I just added a 4 pin variable fan in the back of my miner but in GUI it still says second fan speed to be zero. Is that by design or did I get a bad fan or 6?

EDIT: Look at my epic overclocking skills with 636Ghs average on S1 Smiley

New Bitcoin fund doubling platform has launched!
Receive Automated Payment Every 2 Hours
Appealing alternative with Sophisticated algorithms.
https://Btc-Funds.com
Fior Sirtheoir

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:06:41 PM

I could really use some direction on being able to point the S1's I have at a pool without changing the config in each miner 1 by 1, can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks
If you mean changing a pool, then I was in the same situation and spent $25 to get CGRemote. Turned on API access on local network and all miners (I have several) show up in CGRemote. I can now change pool on as many ant miners in a few clicks. It works amazing.

Question for rest: I just added a 4 pin variable fan in the back of my miner but in GUI it still says second fan speed to be zero. Is that by design or did I get a bad fan or 6?

Yes, I need to be able to change multiple S1 pools without having to change each miner individually.  Thanks for the link I will check it out.
ldh37

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:20:11 PM

Yes, I need to be able to change multiple S1 pools without having to change each miner individually.  Thanks for the link I will check it out.

Although I haven't tried it yet, I've read that you can do this with MultiMiner and it's open source.
http://www.multiminerapp.com/

COINBASE - Buy/Sell BTC
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:39:22 PM

Although I haven't tried it yet, I've read that you can do this with MultiMiner and it's open source.

Only works with bfgminer. Ants use cgminer which its incompatible with.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:17:29 AM

Which is really bazaar since I wrote the API in cgminer (which is the code he has copied directly into the clone) but I guess he changed a few things to cause problems for people ... and then when people write code based on his messed up API it's not compatible with the original API code ... Tongue

As I have stated before, the cgminer API's number one rule is backward compatibility.
The only break in that rule since I first wrote it was to remove CPU and GPU support.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
ldh37

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:22:59 AM

You may want to read the MultiMiner website and the MuM developer's thread here on bitcointalk  - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.msg5135002#msg5135002.  Both indicate that you can do this with MuM either by pointing the S1 cgminer to the Multiminer stratum proxy and then controlling it with MuM's bfgminer, or by enabling the MuM RPC API to auto-detect the S1 so that MuM can control the S1 cgminer for pool switching.  However, per the thread I believe you do need to upgrade the S1 to the latest firmware for this to work.

As I said, I haven't tried it yet but I think I will this weekend since I'm also tired of manually switching pools on my 6 S1s.

COINBASE - Buy/Sell BTC
aistto
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:25:09 PM

Anybody get e-mail about shipping AntMiner S2 Batch 1 or 2?
kano
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:27:36 PM

You may want to read the MultiMiner website and the MuM developer's thread here on bitcointalk  - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.msg5135002#msg5135002.  Both indicate that you can do this with MuM either by pointing the S1 cgminer to the Multiminer stratum proxy and then controlling it with MuM's bfgminer, or by enabling the MuM RPC API to auto-detect the S1 so that MuM can control the S1 cgminer for pool switching.  However, per the thread I believe you do need to upgrade the S1 to the latest firmware for this to work.

As I said, I haven't tried it yet but I think I will this weekend since I'm also tired of manually switching pools on my 6 S1s.
Interesting ... add a proxy to increase latency ... so you can look at the mining results with a tool that doesn't support the original cgminer API code Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
ldh37

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:51:37 PM

Interesting ... add a proxy to increase latency ... so you can look at the mining results with a tool that doesn't support the original cgminer API code Tongue
Well, that's one way to look at I guess.  What I got out of it was that you could switch pools on your S1s without having to edit the pool info and reboot them 1 at a time.

COINBASE - Buy/Sell BTC
BotwinBG

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:24:30 PM

BITMAIN - a friend of mine ordered two units about a month ago when they cost about 1.4BTC . First off the unannounced customs charge.
Then one of the units was broken. The unit was obviously damaged - the fan was broken, with visible damage and one of the capacitors was broken as well (looks like a botched solder job). He sent pictures of the damage to you as soon as he received the unit, which was as I mentioned, about a month ago.
You told him to ship the parts back, which he did , with UPS as advised by you.
Now about 1.5 weeks have passed, he contacted UPS and they told him the package arrived in China about a week ago and you refuse to accept it.
He has also repeatedly contacted you via email (I supposed he used both info and webmaster email addresses), to no avail. You do not respond to him.
May we know why? Also, what about reimbursement ?  The cost of the S1 on your website is 0.893BTC as I write this. He paid about 1.4BTC and about 220USD equivalent in customs charges and is yet to receive a single satoshi from that unit.

Personally I have been more than satisfied with your hardware and your service. But then again, I have always received hardware in perfect condition. Is this what to expect should my next unit arrive broken?

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kano
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:25:14 PM

Well, that's one way to look at I guess.  What I got out of it was that you could switch pools on your S1s without having to edit the pool info and reboot them 1 at a time.
Yeah it uses the API I designed and wrote that was copied into the other miner with very few changes ... except to break compatibility Tongue

Humancell

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:06:44 AM

Just a quick update on the status of ordering ...

I placed an order earlier today for two more Ant Miner S1 ... and then immediately paid.  It appears that BitMain is still having problems with the blockchain.info issue ... my look up shows my payment done and fully confirmed.

My order is now showing expired.

I'm guessing (and hoping!) that like last time they will manually look up the transaction, verify the funds, and confirm and ship my order.

I'll update my experience here.

If all goes well ... I'll have a few more Ants in the next 4-5 days!
SockMunkee

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:22:37 AM

I placed an order earlier today for two more Ant Miner S1 ... and then immediately paid.  It appears that BitMain is still having problems with the blockchain.info issue ... my look up shows my payment done and fully confirmed.

I'm guessing (and hoping!) that like last time they will manually look up the transaction, verify the funds, and confirm and ship my order.

+1

I'm in the same situation!
thevinci

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:51:26 AM

I just placed a big order and I'm concerned. I have always gotten my miners in the past but I haven't heard anything from Bitmaintech. I've sent 3 emails and on blockchain I see that they already took my BTCs out. This communication issue is unnerving. So where is my BTC or tracking number? It has been over 48 hours now.
smithytzu

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 05:58:21 AM

Does anybody know where or how I can get hold of a replacement controller board for my ANT.

It's stopped responding, Ethernet looks dead, reset doesn't work etc.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Tried contacting BITMAIN several times now and no response..

Thanks

Smithy

BTCCard.com.au - The EFTPOS Bitcoin card for Australia and beyond.  Sell some of your BTC for an EFTPOS Card today!
Slumberwatcher

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:45:01 AM

+1

I'm in the same situation!
+1

Same here. Wonder if they'll resolve the issue before the weekend.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: