Bitcoin Forum
April 22, 2019, 03:35:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRE [ANN] CureCoin development continues....  (Read 94545 times)
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:49:28 PM

Good discussion going on here, to clarify a few points:

1.) CureCoin 'mining' will be SHA-256, while the lion's share of the currency will be distributed to folders, who get daily payouts (as aforementioned) based on the last 24 hours of folding contributions to F@H. Client download and installation (on Windows) is extremely easy, and I'll have several guides available at launch for Linus setup as well.

2.) The usability of cryptocurrencies is an important factor in the price. While it's not the only determining piece of the puzzle (make room for speculation and manipulation!), it is certainly the long-term scope. My hope is to partner with someone (or a group of people) to develop a service where people can go from folding straight to real-world rewards (Starbucks giftcard, free food at Arby's, 5 gallons of gas at Shell), where they never have to interface with the crypto if they don't want to, but there are so many legal and technical hurdles to jump over for such a service, it's still a pipe-dream.

3.) CureCoin will be PoS, which does encourage holding of the currency, the system seems to have worked well for PPCoin.

4.) The CureCoin.us forum is back up, if people want to head over there and have a chat! Smiley Additionally, we are running the Reikicoin-based folding pool test over at cryptobullionpools.com if you want to test your hardware and earn some reikicoin. Smiley

5.) The project currently does not rely on anything from Stanford other than their public stat pages, though we would of course love Stanford's blessing, and are working to make sure the project stays within their ToS and EULA.

6.) We are still planning on a launch within April.

Nice!

I'm glad the project will move forward with or without Stanford's blessing and we will be going live some time this month!

With a PoS setup how will that impact folders / miners at the start?  Doesn't PoS require a coin in your wallet to get started?  If so how will we get an initial coin to get started?  I'm guessing this is more relevant for miners than it is for folders but thought I would ask.

Congrats on getting the CureCoin.us forum up and running again!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 04:06:31 PM

1.) CureCoin 'mining' will be SHA-256, while the lion's share of the currency will be distributed to folders, who get daily payouts (as aforementioned) based on the last 24 hours of folding contributions to F@H. Client download and installation (on Windows) is extremely easy, and I'll have several guides available at launch for Linus setup as well.

2.) The usability of cryptocurrencies is an important factor in the price. While it's not the only determining piece of the puzzle (make room for speculation and manipulation!), it is certainly the long-term scope. My hope is to partner with someone (or a group of people) to develop a service where people can go from folding straight to real-world rewards (Starbucks giftcard, free food at Arby's, 5 gallons of gas at Shell), where they never have to interface with the crypto if they don't want to, but there are so many legal and technical hurdles to jump over for such a service, it's still a pipe-dream.

3.) CureCoin will be PoS, which does encourage holding of the currency, the system seems to have worked well for PPCoin.

4.) The CureCoin.us forum is back up, if people want to head over there and have a chat! Smiley Additionally, we are running the Reikicoin-based folding pool test over at cryptobullionpools.com if you want to test your hardware and earn some reikicoin. Smiley

5.) The project currently does not rely on anything from Stanford other than their public stat pages, though we would of course love Stanford's blessing, and are working to make sure the project stays within their ToS and EULA.

Nice!

I'm glad the project will move forward with or without Stanford's blessing and we will be going live some time this month!

With a PoS setup how will that impact folders / miners at the start?  Doesn't PoS require a coin in your wallet to get started?  If so how will we get an initial coin to get started?  I'm guessing this is more relevant for miners than it is for folders but thought I would ask.

Yeah! PoS won't issue coins from zero balance, but rather will slowly grow existing balances. PoS does require coinage in you wallet to start off with, so miners who solve blocks (solo or in pools) will receive coins to their wallet that, after a period of inactivity, will begin to generate proof-of-stake earnings. Additionally, for folders who withdraw their coins from the folding pool to their own wallets, they will be able to benefit from PoS on those as well.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:48:15 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 08:07:53 PM by ChasingTheDream

Nice!

With a PoS setup how will that impact folders / miners at the start?  Doesn't PoS require a coin in your wallet to get started?  If so how will we get an initial coin to get started?  I'm guessing this is more relevant for miners than it is for folders but thought I would ask.

Yeah! PoS won't issue coins from zero balance, but rather will slowly grow existing balances. PoS does require coinage in you wallet to start off with, so miners who solve blocks (solo or in pools) will receive coins to their wallet that, after a period of inactivity, will begin to generate proof-of-stake earnings. Additionally, for folders who withdraw their coins from the folding pool to their own wallets, they will be able to benefit from PoS on those as well.

Sounds like both folders and miners will need a coin to get started then.  I'm sure there will be some information on how to get started shortly before we go live but I'll ask now anyway.  How do we get a coin or fraction of a coin to get rolling?
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:05:13 PM

Nice!

With a PoS setup how will that impact folders / miners at the start?  Doesn't PoS require a coin in your wallet to get started?  If so how will we get an initial coin to get started?  I'm guessing this is more relevant for miners than it is for folders but thought I would ask.

Sounds like both folders and miners will need a coin to get started then.  I'm sure there will be some information on how to get started shortly before we go live but I'll ask now anyway.  How do we get a coin or fraction of a coin to get rolling?

The proof-of-stake generation functions once you have coinage in your wallet, but you can fold or mine to receive coins as well, with no starting balance. Basically, whether you have 0 or 1,000,000 CureCoins, mining or folding will generate the same revenue for you. However, the revenue you earn from PoS will be based on how many coins you leave in your wallet.

ChasingTheDream

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:53:58 PM

The proof-of-stake generation functions once you have coinage in your wallet, but you can fold or mine to receive coins as well, with no starting balance. Basically, whether you have 0 or 1,000,000 CureCoins, mining or folding will generate the same revenue for you. However, the revenue you earn from PoS will be based on how many coins you leave in your wallet.

Oh I see.  Thanks for the clarification.

I can't wait to get this started.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm also hoping it doesn't run my GPU's nearly has hard as I do now.  I'll probably have a bit of a heat issue going into the summer months at my current heat generation rates.  Smiley

bpack

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:46:21 PM

The coin for a long time, DEV will release the first version of what?

mhkso2

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:35:08 PM

Hey wtman! Unfortunately, we can't make everyone happy, and while confirming BTC addresses is good dual-diligence, with the glut of PMs and quick 'selling-out' of the 10k/BTC slots...

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:03:16 AM

Any news?
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:43:37 PM

They are just wrapping up the final touches. read forums at curecoin.us =p

Go CureCoin!
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:50:42 PM

www.curecoin.us is currently down....  Huh
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:38:10 AM

www.curecoin.us is currently down....  Huh

Still down I think.
matt608
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Gambling Investment Fund

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:00:33 PM

Is Curecoin still set to launch by the end of April? 

GIFcoin

Gambling
Investment Fund
  Invest in a working business  .......        ✔︎ 
  80% of the net profits are shared .....      ✔︎ 
  Profit share token     ✔︎ 
Follow us & check out the .      whitepaper     .
Website    Announcement    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 06:52:54 PM

We're aiming for a launch in early May at this point, the forum had another attack, so we're looking into alternate forum software to run. We're making the appropriate modifications to the coin code to patch out the heartbleed issue.

lajz99

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:35:49 PM

We're aiming for a launch in early May at this point, the forum had another attack, so we're looking into alternate forum software to run. We're making the appropriate modifications to the coin code to patch out the heartbleed issue.

I hope you're not blaming the delay on the heartbleed issue...

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1045

https://keybase.io/bitpop

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 08:36:30 AM

Forum malleability

Reputation  |  PGP  |  DigitalOcean  |  TorGuard  |  Ethereum Classic
Bitcoin: 3DSh6AnmvBpDJFUz2mnLirMLmTMcFs9nDm
Bitmessage: BM-2cXN9j8NFT2n1FxDVQ6HQq4D4MZuuaBFyb
gen. specific

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:56:51 AM

amateur hour
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1045

https://keybase.io/bitpop

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:16:21 AM

I'm still folding for your team

Reputation  |  PGP  |  DigitalOcean  |  TorGuard  |  Ethereum Classic
Bitcoin: 3DSh6AnmvBpDJFUz2mnLirMLmTMcFs9nDm
Bitmessage: BM-2cXN9j8NFT2n1FxDVQ6HQq4D4MZuuaBFyb
lajz99

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:22:22 AM

amateur hour

Totes.

o3u

Activity: 393

Money comes, money goes

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 06:45:58 PM

will donators (from the early fund raising) get a pre launch email ?
When can we expect to get our coins?
lajz99

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:09:23 PM

will donators (from the early fund raising) get a pre launch email ?
When can we expect to get our coins?

Just in case you've not figured it out this will likely never launch...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.