Bitcoin Forum
April 22, 2019, 03:13:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRE [ANN] CureCoin development continues....  (Read 94545 times)
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 07:17:02 PM

its been a while since i follow CC. It seems they have stop ASIC and only doing F@H? And CC2 is coming?
ASICs can still mine for now, and CC2 is currently undergoing heavy development. Cheesy

What about this CC2, will it works like CC1 should have ?

Nope, CC2 will not incorporate any type of traditional hash-based mining. ASICs will not be useful for Curecoin v2.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on sites such as blockchain.info and brainwallet.org. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
mewhoyou

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:57:10 PM

What is next or protocol for cc2? Script? X11?

If I still want to mine cc which pool should I look at as few pool has already seize like minep.

Ethereum the Next Big Thing?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1094

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:22:33 PM

its been a while since i follow CC. It seems they have stop ASIC and only doing F@H? And CC2 is coming?
ASICs can still mine for now, and CC2 is currently undergoing heavy development. Cheesy
What about this CC2, will it works like CC1 should have ?
Nope, CC2 will not incorporate any type of traditional hash-based mining. ASICs will not be useful for Curecoin v2.

This is so frustrating.
Why can't we make mining useful ?
Mining is such a waste.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:05:04 PM

This is so frustrating.  Why can't we make mining useful ?
Isn't that one of the things that this altcoin aims to address?
Though if you wanted some other coins with 'useful' mining, consider RieCoin, PrimeCoin, and other mathematical exhaustion coins where the exhaustion process is hard, work can be counted piecewise, and results can be verified quickly.
The note about ASICs is just that they're eliminating the SHA256d element from the mining process - an element that has no foreseeable secondary usefulness and whether its intended use for strengthening the blockchain worked out as desired, is something the devs will have to get into.

Mining is such a waste.
So don't mine, and just fold Smiley

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1094

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:34:15 AM

Though if you wanted some other coins with 'useful' mining, consider RieCoin, PrimeCoin, and other mathematical exhaustion coins where the exhaustion process is hard, work can be counted piecewise, and results can be verified quickly.
The note about ASICs is just that they're eliminating the SHA256d element from the mining process - an element that has no foreseeable secondary usefulness and whether its intended use for strengthening the blockchain worked out as desired, is something the devs will have to get into.
Mining is such a waste.

I haven't been mining for a very long time for that reason.
I am waiting for useful mining.
I'll have a look at RieCoin.
I know PrimeCoin but was it useful at the end ?
allcoinminer

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:46:40 AM

Folding or Mining create more curecoins for supporters?
askcoin2

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 05:45:16 PM

CureCoin added to our coin voting.

mikerbiker6

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:52:04 PM

is this coin still alive?

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1045

https://keybase.io/bitpop

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 06:19:47 PM

Yes I'm still folding, help us by buying curecoin on bittrex

Reputation  |  PGP  |  DigitalOcean  |  TorGuard  |  Ethereum Classic
Bitcoin: 3DSh6AnmvBpDJFUz2mnLirMLmTMcFs9nDm
Bitmessage: BM-2cXN9j8NFT2n1FxDVQ6HQq4D4MZuuaBFyb
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 07:33:31 PM

Very much alive, targeting a public beta of many of the 2.0 features in late February. Smiley

Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:35:40 PM

Very much alive, targeting a public beta of many of the 2.0 features in late February. Smiley

Interesting... Will wait.
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 07:41:59 PM

Imagine a coin with real world purpose, that actually helped cure a disease. That would be something.

Question: has this folding process that computes useful algorithms cured any diseases in the past?

GeoCoin = Real world use + Innovation + Community + Skill + Fun + Target Industry + Mainstream
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 08:10:18 PM

Imagine a coin with real world purpose, that actually helped cure a disease. That would be something.

Question: has this folding process that computes useful algorithms cured any diseases in the past?

folding has contributed by showing us how proteins can be joined together. as far as I understand folding is contributing by freeing up time for researchers that would have been wasted trying to fold proteins on their own

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 08:14:36 PM

While there is no drug you could go out and buy today based on the work of folding@home, similar computational biology is actively used by pharmaceutical companies today. Japan's K supercomputer has been used before for simulating protein structures by several japanese pharmaceutical companies, and the folding@home project has published a multitude of papers which show promise in leading towards the development of cures or treatments. You can take a look at the folding@home results: https://folding.stanford.edu/home/papers/#ntoc118

SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 08:14:55 PM

folding has contributed by showing us how proteins can be joined together. as far as I understand folding is contributing by freeing up time for researchers that would have been wasted trying to fold proteins on their own

Oh okay, maybe one day will will cure something with a crypto-coin Smiley But I don't understand researchers would try folding proteins on their own? Would they not just be running the same computer algorithms but with less computing power?

GeoCoin = Real world use + Innovation + Community + Skill + Fun + Target Industry + Mainstream
SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 08:16:09 PM

While there is no drug you could go out and buy today based on the work of folding@home, similar computational biology is actively used by pharmaceutical companies today. Japan's K supercomputer has been used before for simulating protein structures by several japanese pharmaceutical companies, and the folding@home project has published a multitude of papers which show promise in leading towards the development of cures or treatments. You can take a look at the folding@home results: https://folding.stanford.edu/home/papers/#ntoc118

Oh okay I am starting to understand. These algorithms help create Big Pharma drugs, hmmm.

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 08:26:24 PM

Oh okay I am starting to understand. These algorithms help create Big Pharma drugs, hmmm.

True, but by crowd-sourcing the computational investment, no pharmaceutical would have a patent on the primitive proteins/structures that they are targeting, so they would have to compete on a fair market with one another.

mikerbiker6

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 09:05:07 PM

Not only to cure diseases, but also to unravel the mysteries of protein folding.

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
spassbold

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:55:39 PM

Mining is such a waste.

I haven't been mining for a very long time for that reason.
I am waiting for useful mining.
I'll have a look at RieCoin.
I know PrimeCoin but was it useful at the end ?

I you're looking for a coin that has no useless mining, but only contributes to science (the blockchain is secured via Proof of Stake that hardly wastes any electricity) then have a look at Gridcoin.

It's also more decentraliced as the Proof of Research is part of the Proof of Stake system so there is no central enitity that determines how much you get but it's decentraliced.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1045

https://keybase.io/bitpop

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 04:59:51 PM

Folding coin is good

Reputation  |  PGP  |  DigitalOcean  |  TorGuard  |  Ethereum Classic
Bitcoin: 3DSh6AnmvBpDJFUz2mnLirMLmTMcFs9nDm
Bitmessage: BM-2cXN9j8NFT2n1FxDVQ6HQq4D4MZuuaBFyb
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 »  All