Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:30:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin stability important?  (Read 1981 times)
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:43:19 AM

I think that at this point bitcoin still needs to be volatile. It is part of volatility that the price goes down, not only up. But exactly those up and down movements draw the attention of the media, bitcoin gets publicity. I think that without public notofication, the price would only go down.
And regarding the altcoins, I think that most of them can not be compared with bitcoin. They were designed to fill the pockets of their creators. Once the did so, they have outlived their usefulness, so they crash.
Bitcoin was created to have a money system independent from banks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:56:47 AM

I think that at this point bitcoin still needs to be volatile. It is part of volatility that the price goes down, not only up. But exactly those up and down movements draw the attention of the media, bitcoin gets publicity. I think that without public notofication, the price would only go down.
And regarding the altcoins, I think that most of them can not be compared with bitcoin. They were designed to fill the pockets of their creators. Once the did so, they have outlived their usefulness, so they crash.

The stability of bitcoin is very important, because if the price is continually volatile investors are getting more confusion about whether to invest or sell. But for past two days there is slight increase in bitcoin price this makes investors happy. Many people at this point are ready to invest others are ready to hold it for some more time. We dont know whether this would continue or not. Lets wait and the market.

Jaybitcoin2018

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:15:23 AM

The stability of bitcoin is very important, because if the price is continually volatile investors are getting more confusion about whether to invest or sell. But for past two days there is slight increase in bitcoin price this makes investors happy. Many people at this point are ready to invest others are ready to hold it for some more time. We dont know whether this would continue or not. Lets wait and the market.

Exactly, bitcoin stability is very important to convince many investor to invest and so that bitcoin price will get high and more strenghten. If this would happen many of us will be happy. I hope increasing of bitcoin price will continue to increase.
dz roknroll27

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:38:54 AM

If bitcoin will become stable, more people will invest on it. think most people just want a stable investment with a reasonable return in mind.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:10:05 AM

I think bitcoin stability is important, in order to be accepted as currency and used to buy daily needs, the store owner and the people who used it prefer a stability currencies, and we can attract more new investors if the price more stable, and new investors wont be too worry about their investment if the price is more stable
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:29:43 AM

I think promoting bitcoin stability is partly a matter of avoiding the alcoint crisis, major changes in cryptocurrencies activities, high inflation, and excessive volatility and alcoint markets. Instability can increase uncertainty, inhibit investment, hamper the growth of alcoint.
for your opinion.?

It is important if you are gaining of course but it is also useful because it attracts people to invest. For example the price is low, since they have studied that the price depends on the demand. They will invest when it is low and sell of cash it out when it is hight. That's the most basic most people understand so the stability matters.
Yeah, the volatility on its own is actually one of the things attracting most investors to this space anyway as we have to understand the fact that this is how they get to take advantage of it to increase their pocket and holding, so I really do not see it inhibiting investment but it is of course inhibiting it as usage for currency but since we still can make the use of the likes of bitpay, I do not see that to be a problem.

Some altcoins with real projects have still been doing fine even if the whole market responds to the movement of bitcoin in a way, but in a general scale for strong alts, I would not say bitcoin's volatility affects their growth.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:45:59 AM

Bitcoin price getting stable is very hard as its price is solely dependent on the demand for it.Its price increases or decreases with change in demand.Traders love it due to its volatility as they could make huge profits using it.If its price gets stable,traders and new investors would lose interest in buying it.They might even start selling it creating a fall in its price.So price stability is a dream far away to achieve.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Elips1

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:53:53 AM

I think promoting bitcoin stability is partly a matter of avoiding the alcoint crisis, major changes in cryptocurrencies activities, high inflation, and excessive volatility and alcoint markets. Instability can increase uncertainty, inhibit investment, hamper the growth of alcoint.
for your opinion.?
,,,I think stability is important for this matter, but we can't say it in general speaking. It's better to keep moving continuously for the improvement rather than without changes.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:20:13 AM

for your opinion.?
I agree and appreciate your opinion, but on the other hand because of the high votalities the traders many take advantage of the primacy of votality in bitcoin in 2017, and I think there are some more positive things to be gained due to cryptocurrency instability.

renbucs

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:26:57 AM

The total value of bitcoins in circulation and the number of businesses using Bitcoin are still very small compared to what they could be. Therefore, relatively small events, trades, or business activities can significantly affect the price. In theory, this volatility will decrease as Bitcoin markets and the technology matures. Never before has the world seen a start-up currency, so it is truly difficult (and exciting) to imagine how it will play out.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:41:02 AM

The total value of bitcoins in circulation and the number of businesses using Bitcoin are still very small compared to what they could be. Therefore, relatively small events, trades, or business activities can significantly affect the price. In theory, this volatility will decrease as Bitcoin markets and the technology matures. Never before has the world seen a start-up currency, so it is truly difficult (and exciting) to imagine how it will play out.
I disagree with you. Most of the coins will always remain on the exchanges and it will give the opportunity to speculate on prices. Even after the cryptocurrency is used in trading, it will not make the price of bitcoin stable. But for me this is not a drawback. For me, this is bitcoin's advantage over Fiat. Everyone always has the opportunity to make a profit from the profit.
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:13:38 PM

Stability is important because once bitcoin price decreases all of the other coins also decreases. To make investors also think and stick to their investment because the price is stable. That people also did not worry about the market price and every user and bitcoiner is happy of the price. Stability also encourages and attracts more investors to invest.
It is not bitcoin’s fault that other coins copy it. Altcoins should be responsible for themselves. Why depending on bitcoin at all? The idea of stability is not a very nice one because that means the chance of making big profits out of bitcoin within short durations also disappears. Bitcoin is cherished by investors and traders just due to the high fluctuating nature. Stability is against the favor of bitcoin.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
surbanaB

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:39:52 PM

Bitcoin price getting stable is very hard as its price is solely dependent on the demand for it.Its price increases or decreases with change in demand.Traders love it due to its volatility as they could make huge profits using it.If its price gets stable,traders and new investors would lose interest in buying it.They might even start selling it creating a fall in its price.So price stability is a dream far away to achieve.
Yep, I can’t agree with you more. Because bitcoin is notoriously volatile,hence it’s not easy for bitcoin to get stability and even its stability is really rare. Yes, as it depends on the demand, so the stability is great low. However, through its volatility we can get big benefit, it brings much more benefit to traders and investors. Besides, to me bitcoin’s volatility is better than its stability because from the extremely volatile, I don’t feel too much panic about it. In short, it’s hard for bitcoin to reach to stability.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:41:17 PM

Stability of bitcoin is really we wanting as it won't make people keep on worrying that they might loss their investment in here. But couldn't be possible to happen since bitcoin is decentralize and we don't want this also to be regulated by the governments and take control with price. But for me, it is better have unstable market cause in that way, we have a huge chances of gaining more profits than having a controlled market.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:48:55 PM

Bitcoin always have high volatile because its already on market and peoples make speculation on bitcoin price. Its an asset and like gold, all commodities when it comes to market, fluctuation always happen. Beside that, high fluctuation because market not mature yet. That my opinion

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:18:21 AM

for your opinion.?
Do not get me wrong but the stability of bitcoin should only be a matter for bitcoin interests but you're talking about altcoins if I was one of the developers of bitcoin I will only care about altcoins when it comes to their development but when it comes to their price I will not care at all, if most altcoins crash and disappear because of bitcoin volatility so be it.
masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:42:59 AM

The stability of bitcoin is very important. Because it will reduce the risk that bitcoin brings. And people investing in bitcoins become more secure. Many people intend to participate only for fun but not believe in this money. Because its market is volatile and volatile. So when the bitcoin is stable it will attract investors to the currency sector.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:07:13 AM

Bitcoin stability is important, if the government is going to accept bitcoin bitcoin need to be stable for a much better transaction the volatility of bitcoin puts at risk those who want to just use it as a currency not as an investment.

raybut37

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:54:26 AM

for your opinion.?

It is very important for bitcoin to establish a stable  position to maintain it's popularity among all other crypto.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:19:20 AM

for your opinion.?

Rising bitcoin and altcoin prices will lower the purchasing power of the people, then will inflation that will disrupt the overall market conditions. Well, here is the importance, maintaining the stability of the bitcoin exchange rate is very important, as an evaluation of the state of market prices and maximizes market price optimally and serves as a benchmark for market progress.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: