Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:54:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin stability important?  (Read 1985 times)
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1162

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:21:02 AM

I think promoting bitcoin stability is partly a matter of avoiding the alcoint crisis, major changes in cryptocurrencies activities, high inflation, and excessive volatility and alcoint markets. Instability can increase uncertainty, inhibit investment, hamper the growth of alcoint.
for your opinion.?

I will update my reply to this topic later. reserve
Lol. Probably in the next few years when things have extremely turned around and bitcoin is being used majorly as a currency than being just an asset. Yes, volatility can increase the level of uncertainty, but that happens to those who are considered weak as they really do not understand what the future holds at the point in time.

If we are to start experiencing some level of volatility, bitcoin would have been considered huge, which by then the value would not even be what it is now, but this is just something that one just have to sacrifice as an early adopter which most people do not understand.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:52:10 AM

Everyone would want a stable bitcoin because there will be many more people interested in investing in bitcoin and using it for daily transactions, whereas if the price of fluctuating bitcoin will only be used by speculators and it obscures the bitcoin nature that is as revolutionary in the economic field.
No market can be completely stable except the volatility is just reduced a little bit, but before we get to that level at all, I am sure bitcoin would have started being used as a currency on a large scale than what we have as a speculative asset now.

Fluctuation is normal in every market and that is how a lot of big players take hold of the market to their advantage most of the time. The only reason why some may be clamoring on the stability to some good extent is so that it can start being perceived as a currency that it is. But being used as currency will definitely happen one day or other. But, enjoying as an investment opportunity might be having very short life span hence making use of investment opportunity as of now must be a wise idea rather than looking for stability of price levels.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:57:27 AM

The real problem is at the heart of BTC itself; it's decentralized!

We cannot have the best of both worlds; a decentralized system with enforced stability.

Either we accept some kind of central regulation, like fiat currencies have, or we accept the crypto volatility as part of it's nature.

hispout

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:10:46 AM

Yeah, definately bitcoin stability is important because it matters the whole price movement in a digital market. That is why every happenings that includes cryptocurrency whether they are negative or positive the implications would reflect to the flow of currency because as we said it is stocks exchange.
If you ask me, nobody wants to see bitcoin getting stable. That will take away the chance to make huge profits in short time. Bitcoin is famous only because of its most fluctuating nature. Else it won’t have as many supporters and investors as it has now. People would rather go with gold then. It is destined to become stable someday but that day is far away somewhere in the future.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:31:32 AM

I don't think that stability is important because the people are enjoying the market even the market is not stable because they are making profit from that volatile market of bitcoin so i still choose volatile market compare to the volatile market. I don't say that i will not use bitcoin if it is stable because i am still into bitcoin even the market is either stable or not.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:57:27 AM

I don't think that stability is important because the people are enjoying the market even the market is not stable because they are making profit from that volatile market of bitcoin so i still choose volatile market compare to the volatile market. I don't say that i will not use bitcoin if it is stable because i am still into bitcoin even the market is either stable or not.
That's actually true but despite of that, there's many advantages that we likely to have when the market is trying to stabilize, bitcoin can be accepted easily as the mean of payment because its less-volatiltiy.
So many platform had removed bitcoin from their payment method because of the volatility, however, the actual purpose of creating bitcoin by satoshi is to replace the current traditional paper money, so it's not specifically only for trading.

|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:32:53 PM

for adoption point of view, BTC price stability makes people adopt BTC for payments option(currency).For traders, price stability helps for proper technical analysis of altcoins traded with BTC.
Don’t be too excited with recent bitcoin short squeeze and rapid price climb. Volatility is bad even when it’s going upwards. Volatility is good for traders and bad for the overall industry. I’m more concerned about the long-term health of the industry.
I know it's bad that's why I said stability, not volatility two are very different terms. it's actually opposite. BTC volatility is only good if your trading BTC and hard on altcoins because of flash drops.

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
dante golo

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:45:49 PM

I think the stability of bitcoin and altcoin will not be possible It happened easily become to the rapid price changes after the existence of demand and supply definitely can make the price do not become stable.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:51:02 PM

I think promoting bitcoin stability is partly a matter of avoiding the alcoint crisis, major changes in cryptocurrencies activities, high inflation, and excessive volatility and alcoint markets. Instability can increase uncertainty, inhibit investment, hamper the growth of alcoint.
for your opinion.?

In my own opinion, bitcoin does not really need to be stable since the market's volatility is the only reason why all of the cryptocurrency is profitable, another thing is that, traders are investing because they are waiting for the pump and dumping of market price.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:10:10 PM

for your opinion.?

In my own opinion, bitcoin does not really need to be stable since the market's volatility is the only reason why all of the cryptocurrency is profitable, another thing is that, traders are investing because they are waiting for the pump and dumping of market price.
For me, I am not after the stability of the price always because I know that bitcoin is already stable but the price itself is not because the demand cannot really anticipate unlike the supply wherein we already know how much supply is circulating in the market.

Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:26:21 PM

for your opinion.?
The stability of bitcoin's price is still important, because with high volatility, when bitcoin sharply increases in price, it reveals signs of a financial bubble and, in connection with this, some states are very negative about it, warning its citizens of the high risks of investing in bitcoin . This we already saw after bitcoin rose sharply in price to $ 20,000 in December last year.
dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:32:43 PM

I think we don't need stability because the reason why we interested in crypto because the price is unstable, we can make a good profit when the price goes up and buy more or hold when the price goes down. if the price is stable I think it will make people bored and will make people lose their interest in crypto, slow but sure they will leave crypto.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:38:56 AM

Stability is a function of volume. The US dollar barely moves 2% from day to day because there are several trillions of dollars traded every day, so it's hard for any one player to pump or dump it. So it moves based on fundamentals (the outlook for the US economy) instead.

Bitcoin is still very small - it's market cap is smaller than Apple's, so it's easier for whales to move the price, especially as the trading volume is only about 1/50th of bitcoin's market cap.
I guess that is what most people are not really understanding yet. We are still in a very early state and we cannot expect the volatility to not be like this, most especially for a decentralized environment. A lot of people keep complaining about how volatile the market is without understanding it is that volatility that actually makes some investors to want to pull in to take advantage of the fluctuations.

However, some of these things will change overtime, if we indeed start seeing real life usage with a great level of adoption but until then, we just have to get used to it. Also, based on what the OP said, I do not see how this inhibits the development or growth of altcoins as a whole lot of alts have grown since their inception and still growing.
Every picture has two sides and that same is the case when it comes to that of the market value of the bitcoin. The stability in the market value of bitcoin will avoid you from suffering of loss but on the other hand, it will also result in not making of some very good amount of money too. The only thing which is helping the investors the most in making of more money is this volatile nature of bitcoin.
DPrillio

Activity: 693

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:08:31 AM

Stability is a function of volume. The US dollar barely moves 2% from day to day because there are several trillions of dollars traded every day, so it's hard for any one player to pump or dump it. So it moves based on fundamentals (the outlook for the US economy) instead.

Bitcoin is still very small - it's market cap is smaller than Apple's, so it's easier for whales to move the price, especially as the trading volume is only about 1/50th of bitcoin's market cap.
I guess that is what most people are not really understanding yet. We are still in a very early state and we cannot expect the volatility to not be like this, most especially for a decentralized environment. A lot of people keep complaining about how volatile the market is without understanding it is that volatility that actually makes some investors to want to pull in to take advantage of the fluctuations.

However, some of these things will change overtime, if we indeed start seeing real life usage with a great level of adoption but until then, we just have to get used to it. Also, based on what the OP said, I do not see how this inhibits the development or growth of altcoins as a whole lot of alts have grown since their inception and still growing.
Every picture has two sides and that same is the case when it comes to that of the market value of the bitcoin. The stability in the market value of bitcoin will avoid you from suffering of loss but on the other hand, it will also result in not making of some very good amount of money too. The only thing which is helping the investors the most in making of more money is this volatile nature of bitcoin.
Yes, if bitcoin was stable and much more in a high value then its good for those who always participate in bounty campaign to have reward and later sell to bitcoin or for every individual that trades altcoin to have bitcoin because I think its always profitable, but those people that buy and sell of bitcoin will hard to get profit since its already stable in value.

BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:08:38 AM

The cryptocurrency has become increasingly part of the wider financial system, after making its debut on the world’s largest futures exchange. But Bitcoin poses no threat to financial stability and is unlikely to rattle mainstream markets in the next couple of years.
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:31:42 AM

Considering we're still at the early stages, we're not getting "stability" anytime soon. I agree though. It is important as stability ensures security of asset. But right now, what we should be worried about is getting btc to mass adoption. We need more stores accepting btc and more people paying with it. We'll get stability once we--the people know exactly what btc and its value.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Larster

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:55:46 AM

I am absolutely positive - as long as it is not stable - it is no currency, only a mimic of it. While if by any means someone would guarantee that Bitcoin price would stay at the same level for a year - that would increase its usage as a real currency 10 times or more in that year. That's my opinion
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:46:05 PM

Anyone who does not consider the aspect of losing, no matter how little, is really not ready to start investing at all. We are talking about a new market here that is decentralized, and what else do people expect ?

Stability should only be expected maybe when bitcoin has gotten extremely huge and by then, it is no longer about investment as an early adopter, but a currency as that is what in the long run, that is what is going to make it hugely adopted and in that stage, nothing much may be expected.

A stable price usually will turn the altcoins more like into a stock market scenario as bitcoin is kind of pegged to them as someone rightly said. This is the main reason why we have seen a lot of altcoins doing well whenever bitcoin is experiencing some consolidation. A huge level of stability in bitcoin is not even something anyone should be expecting at all. This is a decentralized market, there would always be fluctuation and it can only reduce to some certain extent once we get to see real life usage.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Ashleybarnes2

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:51:28 PM

Not many alt coins act independent of bitcoin which is somewhat worrying. I think it underlines the true value of bitcoin, it also underlines the immaturity of the market currently. We are still n our infancy. Imagine being around a few years after the gold rush got underway. We are in the equivalent position now I think
MinMan

Activity: 608
Merit: 154

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:25:41 AM

Considering we're still at the early stages, we're not getting "stability" anytime soon. I agree though. It is important as stability ensures security of asset. But right now, what we should be worried about is getting btc to mass adoption. We need more stores accepting btc and more people paying with it. We'll get stability once we--the people know exactly what btc and its value.
In my opinion, the thing which is far more important than that of bitcoin stability at this very moment is increase in the market value of bitcoin and that too a significant increase in the market value of bitcoin. This will attract more people to come and invest their money into it and that it will also help the ones who have already invested their money into it in making of more money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: