Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:04:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin stability important?  (Read 1981 times)
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:41:35 AM

At present, bitcoin is too volatile. Its stability is important for it to head towards being a plausibe mainstream currency.
Instability in currency values mean that an investor cannot accurately predict the value of those future earnings. Also, stability is vital for a developing country economy to attract the investment it needs. Hence, it is the most important characteristic feature of any currency. Bitcoin has seen a change in 40% in the last month itself which makes it a good commodity asset but not fit for being a currency. It also proves that the coin is still in a financial bubble, hence making it a less dependent coin.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:52:53 AM

I think that Bitcoin stability is very important to attract new investors. People need to be sure in their investments. High volatility is definitely not the best feature to assure people in the right choice of investment. Stability can help you to avoid big losses but it also can't give you a big profit.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:02:52 AM

I think promoting bitcoin stability is partly a matter of avoiding the alcoint crisis, major changes in cryptocurrencies activities, high inflation, and excessive volatility and alcoint markets. Instability can increase uncertainty, inhibit investment, hamper the growth of alcoint.
for your opinion.?

As we all know that most of the altcoins price are connected in bitcoins value,so this means stability of the said coin is very important in this market you can see you they followed the bitclin price from growth and dumps

I think that Bitcoin stability is very important to attract new investors. People need to be sure in their investments. High volatility is definitely not the best feature to assure people in the right choice of investment. Stability can help you to avoid big losses but it also can't give you a big profit.
This is one good reason too,because investors are attracted when the hype is going,just like what had happened last december 2017 when the price of bitcoin grow insignificant,lots of investors put their money inside,but sad to say withdrawn by January so the dip takes place
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:12:24 AM

I disagree with you. What do you mean by investing? Perhaps you think that investors should invest $ 1,000 in bitcoin today and get $ 2,000 tomorrow. Lol! That's not so. Investments should yield income at least in a year. Volatility does not prevent it. It attracts a lot of speculative capital to bitcoin and it further increases the price and popularity of bitcoin.
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:17:21 AM

Cryptocurrencies, designed to resist economic turmoil. This results in a more stable asset value, unaffected by the wishes of central authorities such as governments or banks, and protects the integrity of savings and transactions. Governments across Latin America have turned away from their citizens for decades; Emergency cryptocurrency gives people a chance to fight back.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:18:09 AM

I am absolutely positive - as long as it is not stable - it is no currency, only a mimic of it. While if by any means someone would guarantee that Bitcoin price would stay at the same level for a year - that would increase its usage as a real currency 10 times or more in that year. That's my opinion
Right now crypto currency is on peak value and it is getting high and high, bitcoin cannot be stable it use to get high and get down with increasing demand and panic selling, if you will sell at panic then price of bitcoin will be low but if they will not sell at panic and hold with patience then price of bitcoin will not be down. Yeah price of bitcoin will be high and use of bitcoin will be higher than the real currency, so we know bitcoin will become legal and fiat currency will get vanish with passage of time.
wireless1889

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:23:14 AM

Bitcoin's price will never be stable you just need to acquaint someone what to do in certain times like what to do when the price increases and when the price went down. With this, the number of those who panic sell because of the drastic drop of value will decrease. Maybe they will share their experience with bitcoin and acquaint others to invest and this might lead into better understanding into cryptocurrencies specifically to Bitcoin that is very famous but others are saying it is very dangerous.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:35:39 AM

I think promoting bitcoin stability is partly a matter of avoiding the alcoint crisis, major changes in cryptocurrencies activities, high inflation, and excessive volatility and alcoint markets. Instability can increase uncertainty, inhibit investment, hamper the growth of alcoint.
for your opinion.?

Stability of Bitcoin and other crypto currencies will show how strong that are in the market. When we notice that kind of stability, it indicates that Bitcoin is too big to lose no matter what happen in the economy even if it's negative. We can also see it looks like passive investments but it is stable as well. I believe that Bitcoin will rise up soon and let's just be patient to wait for the best time to sell. Dips are normal in trading so don't get panic if prices are going down.
reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:36:35 AM

for your opinion.?
stability is very important because this is the first thing that investor will do, is to check the background of the chosen crypo and once they are satisfied of the performance it encourage them to invest.
Bruce1614

Activity: 144
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:41:18 AM

At the point when bitcoin is unstable, the main individuals who need to hold it are speculators and dealers and every other person needs to dump it like a hot potato. At the point when bitcoin is steady, it is more appealing to use as a bank account, unit of record, or for a dealer to really acknowledge it, as opposed to instantly dumping for money. Security expands storing and business utilize. Amusingly this will at that point in the end influence the incentive to go up, expelling the security and beginning the cycle all once again - until bitcoin does what's needed spiked lines to achieve its last value disclosure.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:15:20 PM

Well, stability is not bad thing but I think it will attract less investors because when prices get stable, profits can come less too. No one can fill high fees of some transactions without losing anything in cryptos.
When I consider resistance as a short term stability, I see a  neutral price of bitcoin. I see that it is not that high nor low and it feels good that it has stability for a while.
I jut think that cryptos will just be another currency if it is not that volatile.
Beabtc11

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:36:37 PM

for your opinion.?

I agree with you. While both usability and stability must be improved for cryptocurrencies to compete on equal footing with fiat currency.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:45:51 PM

Well, stability is not bad thing but I think it will attract less investors because when prices get stable, profits can come less too. No one can fill high fees of some transactions without losing anything in cryptos.
When I consider resistance as a short term stability, I see a  neutral price of bitcoin. I see that it is not that high nor low and it feels good that it has stability for a while.
I jut think that cryptos will just be another currency if it is not that volatile.
Exactly my point too.We expect bitcoin stability one of these days but for me,i prefer to stay it that way.Having its volatile character makes bitcoin more unique from other currencies,and i believe its the main reason why old and more new investors are holding bitcoins for their own investments.It gives more thrill to all the investors to keep on waiting for its price peak to give them a huge profit in the end.

doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:38:54 PM

for your opinion.?
stability is very important because this is the first thing that investor will do, is to check the background of the chosen crypo and once they are satisfied of the performance it encourage them to invest.
Like any currency, Bitcoin is also like a currency. The stability is important because it affects the demand of the Bitcoin in the market. The more the stability, the more the demand. A less stable technology will definitely never attract people to invest. Right now, the value of Bitcoin is stable. It is rising up with a slow and steady pace and is expected to touch back where it fell from.

Heroonnone

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:46:46 PM

But if you are a speculator then volatility is a good phenomenon for you. You know how to get some money on the course of some coin course. Also volatility is sometimes a good thing, today you are a poor person and tomorrow you bought bitcoin and after a while you have good money.Or you don't have anything.
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:06:36 PM

Stability on its market value is important because the natural volatility serves as a risk on invesying to Bitcoin. If the market value of it would be stable in the future, it might make Bitcoin legal to most of the countrues because its lack of stable market price is also a factor why some countries are not yet adapting Bitcoin and other cryptos as an official currency.
netil

Activity: 150
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:31:16 PM

The stability of bitcoin will attract even more large investors to the market and can change it significantly. In the case of good or bad, it can be considered rhetorical. The market will somehow seek to centralize, perhaps corporate oculars will also go to bitcoin.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:31:54 PM

for your opinion.?

Bitcoin stability bring more investors. More investors pitch in, the rate increases, the popularity increases and currency market ill be busy with bitcoin and other currenices move and achievemnets.
Blaast

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:34:34 PM

I think the stability of Bitcoin increases its potential to appear as a valuable way of exchange. I hope it will become less volatile in the future because I'm looking forward to invest in it. What do you think ?
reyblack

Activity: 203

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:18:43 PM

It is important because stability of bitcoin can attracts investors and businessman because stability is the first characteristics that they will search before investing at cryptocoins. Bitcoin is the king of crytocurrency and no doubt on it's stability because bitcoin is the best of it. We can rely at bitcoin that it can stay and rise at the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: