Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:04:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin stability important?  (Read 1983 times)
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:49:31 AM

With this level of volatility, BTC will never be able to replace fiat in any major application.

And that is exactly the point; BTC was created as an alternative not exactly as a replacement.

In order for BTC to behave like fiat, it has to be heavily regulated like fiat is. Do we want that? I don't think so...
You are right, besides even if I like bitcoin a lot I do not want it to replace fiat, using something like cash still offers you some advantages that bitcoin doesn't, using cash is completely anonymous, while bitcoin is not anonymous at all everything is there in the blockchain forever, so I like that privacy that cash offers that bitcoin and most cryptocurrencies do not.
lokanot0

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 05:16:14 AM

I agree with you. Bitcoin stability is very important for it to pull in investors. If bitcoin price would be stable, not only it will be acknowledge by more investors, it will also effect positively the crisis in altcoins.
Jessica1234

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:27:59 AM

Bitcoin stability is important because it will define the value of bitcoin.  It will be advantage to us because it will reflect that bitcoin is getting known by people. It can be reflect also that we have stable income.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:41:19 AM

I think promoting bitcoin stability is partly a matter of avoiding the alcoint crisis, major changes in cryptocurrencies activities, high inflation, and excessive volatility and alcoint markets. Instability can increase uncertainty, inhibit investment, hamper the growth of alcoint.
for your opinion.?
If the stability of the bitcoin is good, then the investors and traders will keep buying bitcoins. It is really important because it can make strong relationship to its users. They will not think negative if they saw that the bitcoin has strong stability.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:46:37 AM

I think promoting bitcoin stability is partly a matter of avoiding the alcoint crisis, major changes in cryptocurrencies activities, high inflation, and excessive volatility and alcoint markets. Instability can increase uncertainty, inhibit investment, hamper the growth of alcoint.
for your opinion.?
Cryptocurrencies are too volatile but there are coins like bitcoin that have good stability. Bitcoin has a good stability and it is the reason why bitcoin is still the most powerful and most popular cryptocurrency.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:49:15 AM

Bitcoin stability is very important for investors confidence. Most investors don't feel confident in investing unstable coins.

btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:56:37 AM

The stability of bitcoin is very important. Because it helps investors understand their direction. Stable bitcoin pricing will attract many participants. Bitcoin stabilization is a good sign for the acceptability of bitcoin in some countries.

Yes, you are right, many people have a lot of concerns about the Bitcoin price because there is a huge fluctuation in terms price. People are afraid of Bitcoin price because it will increase it's price suddenly and falls down suddenly. We need stability in terms of Bitcoin price, so more people will start attracting to it. 
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:00:51 AM

Stablity of bitcoin helps control people's trust and demand, when people starting panic selling demand decreasing and it's causing many dumps and market problems.
You re alright in this regard. Definitely when something is stable, it got more interest of people and more fame can be achieved. Like in the case of gold, it is the most stable form of resource that has been in equilibrium with little disturbance since the first day in the world. But if you talk about bitcoins, I think stability wont suit this element as it is all about selling and buying at different rates.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:43:20 AM

Bitcoin stability is very important for investors confidence. Most investors don't feel confident in investing unstable coins.

Indeed, but stability comes with a price: heavy regulation.

Question 1: Who regulates?

Question 2: How will it be made?

Question 3: Are we willing to give up on the decentralized system?

We cannot have stability and decentralization simultaneously, we have to choose!

wireless1889

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:15:12 PM

The stability of bitcoin is very important. Because it helps investors understand their direction. Stable bitcoin pricing will attract many participants. Bitcoin stabilization is a good sign for the acceptability of bitcoin in some countries.
The fluctuations of bitcoin is what scare the people, so that they end up not investing because they play a safe role not to lose profit. Stability of bitcoin is important because once it is stabilize it will become pretty much our currency because it is already stable with its price. But when it is stable we will lose profit and this will disable the ability of bitcoin to be a profitable investment to everybody.
cryptoman512

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:57:09 PM

for your opinion.?

For me, in my optimistic opinion, bitcoin having a stability could encourage mass adoption and widespread acceptance. Ordinary people who are not into investing but into spending won't like their currency having the power to buy one kilo of chicken today and can only buy a piece of apple tommorow. Bitcoin having too much volatility, instability and uncertainty makes it a hindrance for mass adoption. So for bitcoin to be truly widespread, we hard crypto believer should also support this notion. Let there be regulation and policy in using it. Without it, crypto is in too much entropy.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:19:35 PM

Because it's stability will cause the stability of other coins and point out the maturity of crypto currencies as well.

Yup, that's a fact if bitcoin doesn't do well then it's likely possible that no coin will do good as well but if a coin, token is protocol based like ETH and EOS then they will not be impacted that much compared to application based coin, tokens.
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:36:41 PM

for your opinion.?
It is the greater volatility of bitcoins and, in general, the crypto currency, which is one of the main obstacles to the rapid advancement of bitcoins and legalization by states. It is because of the large volatility, when bitcoin sharply increases in price, that some states saw in this the signs of a financial bubble and began to be wary of it, and even recommended their citizens not to invest in the crypto currency, because this represents a significant risk.

The volatility of bitcoin can further cause a panic, which could lead to a significant drop in the price of bitcoin.
Rony24h7

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:56:11 PM

Stability not only important for bitcoin but also important for every currency. Without stability, any currency cannot run. we are the forum member always discuss bitcoin volatility because we want the stability when the price of bitcoin is stable than we get courage for invest and selling. When we find the long-time stability of bitcoin, we can able to achieve more profit. Bitcoin stability helps the investor invest in it and that’s the actual source of making money of bitcoin. So it's important the stability of bitcoin.   
Also, stability is important for life and business. If your life is volatile I mean your financial condition of life is volatile, then you fall in a depuration and poverty that will be the reason for early death. So everyone wants stability. 
endut15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:10:26 PM

Because it's stability will cause the stability of other coins and point out the maturity of crypto currencies as well.

Yup, that's a fact if bitcoin doesn't do well then it's likely possible that no coin will do good as well but if a coin, token is protocol based like ETH and EOS then they will not be impacted that much compared to application based coin, tokens.
I agree with your opinion, the bitcoin must run well, so the bitcoin will always grow taller and stable it is also in need for smooth travel bitcoin.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:22:13 PM

for your opinion.?

I do not think that bitcoins stability is important since most of the traders is always hoping for the volatility of the market in order to earn a huge amount of profit and that is the reason why i still keep on investing every time the market is dumping its price.

mick42

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:41:03 PM

The stability of bitcoin is important because that would help those of us who have invested in the cryptocurrency to obtain a profit that is commensurate with the market without having to speculate, although I believe that this series of speculations have arisen because of the futures of Wall Street, that's something that does not even take away from the mind
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:29:59 PM

The stability of bitcoin is important because that would help those of us who have invested in the cryptocurrency to obtain a profit that is commensurate with the market without having to speculate, although I believe that this series of speculations have arisen because of the futures of Wall Street, that's something that does not even take away from the mind

You took that thing absolutely wrong as Bitcoin will never give you profit if it gets stable. Just imagine, for whole year the growth is nearly 2-3% then how will you earn profits. This is the risk of getting a stable system, things stop to grow at wild rate. Instability in the system is only making people richer and poorer at the same time because of good and bad choices, some people sell at low and gain loss other sell at high value and gain profit. This is the circulation of money and working of things.
apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:38:14 PM

For it is yes and not that much. Bitcoin stable price is both important and unimportant. When price gets stable  it is good for the investors because many will invest in bitcoin. And it is bad for traders because they cant buy coins in low price if bitcoin have a fixed value.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Birin016

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:23:24 AM

The perception of people about bitcoin as a currency is slowly fading and it is becoming an asset for them because of its instability, so if it is more stable then the things that we want to do with bitcoin would come to reality, companies will accept bitcoin as a payment abd life would be much easier.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: