Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:27:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is crypto industry dangerous ?  (Read 5755 times)
dev9t9ok

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:16:51 PM

Any financial asset is quite dangerous because it have a risk (even govement bonds). Life is dangerous anyway but we live.
Crypto coins are dangerous because you can lose your money investing badly but you also can take a profit by risking.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
13ex07

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:17:04 PM

The one who prints money, he manages the economy and politics. Crypto can not be fully controlled. This is most frightening of the authorities

|▌    DAOX    《   Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs   》    DAOX    ▐|
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤       The product is LIVE       ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
WEB-SITE    BUY DXC NOW    BOUNTY & AIRDROPS    ANN THREAD   
aalborg

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:19:45 PM

It is dangerous because the cryptocurrency does not have a single rate. For example, the bitcoin rate can change several times a day. Also, due to the inability to track who is the owner of the cryptocurrency, it is popular with hackers, arms and drug dealers. Thus, the cryptocurrency facilitates turnover between criminal gangs. Also because of anonymity, you can't recover lost bitcoins.
sinichi homes

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:36:21 PM

i want to know what makes the cryprto dangerous? to the point that many countries band the use of crypto in their countries. I want to hear your opinion

in my country cripto action in the band because there is no protection for the owners of capital or consumer is there are money laundering actions often done by corruptors or perhaps terrorists.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:40:26 PM

Crypto industry is too risky rather than calling it dangerous. There are many countries ban this crypto market because they don't have control on it. Here in crypto world there are lots of scams that's why people are freaking out about it but even in fiat there are also scam.

barlo357

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:48:00 PM

Dangerous term usually use to terrorist, this is a threat only to the government because they don't have control yet such us giving taxes to each member and just because we are earning a lot profit here with out taxes so if the the people working all in crypto, the taxes system of each country will die and that is the threat there.

chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:54:01 PM

i want to know what makes the cryprto dangerous? to the point that many countries band the use of crypto in their countries. I want to hear your opinion

Crypto may be seen as dangerous because of what it represents,  as well as how it was conceived. Bitcoin was originally created to be a proof of concept for the introduction of the blockchain, the real innovation behind Bitcoin. Bitcoins platform utilized proof of work protocol for a decentralized peer to peer payment system functioning upon the blockchain, a cryptographic transparent public ledger.
   It was conceived to be an alternative system that challenged the current financial system in place. That fact that it is decentralized and it's code is available open sourced, makes it dangerous because this technology can be freely duplicated.
   This challenge to authority makes it seem like a tool of anarchy and rebellion. Maybe now you can visualize why a country's government would want to ban it?

Ronni

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:31:15 PM

Being involved in crypto means taking risks and not being 'dangerous'. In crypto world, it is not dangerous to participate, I would rather say it will be risky but not dangerous because you can face different uncertainties from the technology you have unto the money you are investing to it. I can say that fiat money is the 'dangerous' one because it is on hand and it can be stolen right away.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:09:13 AM

They banned because they don't understand what is this
Adio

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:06:45 PM

I don't think Crypto is dangerous, I think it's highly volatile that's why some of the country are not accepting it yet,  but as soon as regulations comes in place, I'm pretty sure more countries are gonna come into it,  they are just afraid of their citizens loosing their hard earned money that's why they termed it dangerous, which is not
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:48:28 PM

I don't think Crypto is dangerous, I think it's highly volatile that's why some of the country are not accepting it yet,  but as soon as regulations comes in place, I'm pretty sure more countries are gonna come into it,  they are just afraid of their citizens loosing their hard earned money that's why they termed it dangerous, which is not
Yeah you have a point that the country wanted to protect the citizens. However you have missed the other points like "how it will affect the stock market of the countries, if the citizens especially those who invested withdrew their money and put it in crytocurrency market?" Also the cryptocurrency avoid taxes because it's decentralized. Thus only a few countries support cryptocurrency.
conanmori

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:55:48 PM

Crypto is not dangerous. Goverment banning Bitcoin because they cant control it and scared that it can become a threat to their Country Currency as more people start using Bitcoin that bank might bankrupt.

bellator66

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:04:10 PM

In my opinion, it depends on how we behave. If we react to it in accordance with the portion, crypto industry will provide high added value and very profitable.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:17:18 PM

So it seems like two points being explored here:  dangers of crypto and rationale for state actors to ban crypto.

On the first point, I have to concede that there truly are more dangers with crypto than fiat at this point in time simply because of the online presence and higher exposure to theft in recent times.  2017 was a record year for crypto theft.  Even bigger than the 2014 Mt gox heist.  2014 had mt gox but 2017 had the CoinsMarkets debacle, Japanese exchange theft of XEM, nicehash heist, and many others.  This isn't meant to be an exhaustive list and I'm sure there are better resources.  But I watch this space a lot and I can tell you that 2017 was far worse than 2014.  Hopefully security managers are learning from this and will prevent future attacks.  It's really not much different than stage coach robbers in the Wild West but obviously something has to be done. 

And so that pretty much leads into the second part.  State actors see these bad things happening and figure an easy way to control the situation is to just ban it.  Well, ultimately this won't work in the long run because having money is a fundamental liberty and it is inhumane to deny such basic rights.  But power and control is what drive such actions.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
lighterkek

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 02:18:44 PM

I do not think it's dangerous, but there are some risks, but after you know yourself, I do not think you will suffer any harm, so you can invest with peace of mind
elbimbo012

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:20:25 PM

I think it is not dangerous but risky. Crypto trading price volatility is very evident  when market goes up it seem there is no tomorrow for its price to surge and when it fall it is also so hard that almost all your earnings are gone. this are the main reasons why other countries don't want crypto because the risk that their citizen may face  when they ry to invest. there is a big possiblity that they may loss their money in just a short period of time.

richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:20:54 PM

If money laundering and illegal black market trade are your concerns, then yes, this industry is dangerous.
The government of different countries keep banning it because they see it as a threat to the national economy and security. It makes easy for people to do illegal things since payment is made using cryptos.
As a user, it isn't dangerous. The only risky part is the high volatility and fluctuations in price.
ellabanana

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:22:58 PM

Cryptocurrency is not illegal, hence it is not dangerous. But, the people using it are doing some illegal activities which tainted the name of crypto. So, it will be dangerous, if yoy use it in the wrong way.

fleeb22

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:25:14 PM

they are not banning it because its dangerous. china and korea banned it because they are non democratic countries that wish to control all aspects of the country. finance is a big aspect of a country, crypto threatens that control -> ban.
H0USE

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:28:13 PM

Did you mean that it is dangerous related to scams occuring these days or related to its ban or warnings?They are taking such steps as they have no control over these decentralized currency and some illicit activities are being carried out by it which can also be done with the help of fiat.So its not dangerous if used wisely and in right manner.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: