Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:08:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Public Message for Tradehill  (Read 3594 times)
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:44:54 AM

pasting this from another thread it needs to be repeated.

Smalleyster,

I've been traveling and out of the loop so I need to apologize for that. I handle most of the payment options and Adam was filling in while I was at 30,000ft.

There are two transactions here.

1) Checks out replacing Dwolla out. We can certainly send a check. We will send it for free as well. I will ask the bank if there is an easy way we can do this by submitting a CSV etc or another option. If there isn't an easy way to do this then I will sit down and write check after check personally until my fingers are blistered. Once again, free of charge.

2) Checks in. I've been looking in to options for receiving checks but it needs to be 100% free of chargebacks on our end and affordable. I beleive that I've found a solution and hopefully will have an announcement in a few days.

We will 100% write you a check to pull out funds you would have normally removed via Dwolla. Free.
If we can accept checks in we will, we'll evaluate it at first and then keep it if it's a viable option.

Smalleyster, sometimes you hate us, sometimes you love us but you're always honest, non biased and provide excellent feedback. We enjoy having you on these boards regardless if you stay a TradeHill customer or not. We would prefer that you do and are willing to work with everyone to find the best way to get funds in and out until everyone is using Bitcoin and we don't need an exchange.

Feel free to contact me if you need anything in the future.

Regards,
Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NF6X

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:46:35 AM

I am not presently a TH customer, but that latest response pleases me!
Smalleyster

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:50:57 AM

And this was my response in the other thread:

Much better answer, too bad you hit send to the first one as I have cashed out my meager ammount in btc. Thank you for sending it within minutes. For now I will sit on the sidelines and see what your next moves are and how they work out over the longer haul for your other clients.

Frankly I was utterly stunned at the previous post as I had never dreamed either of you would say something that foolish.

Here's hoping it all works out for the best.

PS: At no time have I "hated you" and I apologize if I have given that impression. If anything there is a PM in your files whereby I spent a *lot* of time and effort attempting to help you assure you would not repeat a small mistake in public again. Thankfully you have not. I deeply respect both of you for not only getting out in public on this dwolla debacle, but also in the way you have done it.

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 04:08:06 AM

Cool
delson (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 04:15:24 AM

Smalleyster,

I've been traveling and out of the loop so I need to apologize for that. I handle most of the payment options and Adam was filling in while I was at 30,000ft.

1) Checks out replacing Dwolla out. We can certainly send a check. We will send it for free as well. I will ask the bank if there is an easy way we can do this by submitting a CSV etc or another option. If there isn't an easy way to do this then I will sit down and write check after check personally until my fingers are blistered. Once again, free of charge.

2) Checks in. I've been looking in to options for receiving checks but it needs to be 100% free of chargebacks on our end and affordable. I beleive that I've found a solution and hopefully will have an announcement in a few days.

We will 100% write you a check to pull out funds you would have normally removed via Dwolla. Free.
If we can accept checks in we will, we'll evaluate it at first and then keep it if it's a viable option.

Smalleyster, sometimes you hate us, sometimes you love us but you're always honest, non biased and provide excellent feedback. We enjoy having you on these boards regardless if you stay a TradeHill customer or not. We would prefer that you do and are willing to work with everyone to find the best way to get funds in and out until everyone is using Bitcoin and we don't need an exchange.

Regards,
Jered

Okay, that would be an acceptable solution probably. I would recommend mass emailing all customers this information, as they may not know to look inside forum threads for the info.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 04:40:02 AM

Smalleyster,

Regards,
Jered

Okay, that would be an acceptable solution probably. I would recommend mass emailing all customers this information, as they may not know to look inside forum threads for the info.

Thanks, that's a good idea, I'll post it on the blog and tweet it. We really don't like to mass email even when most people would want to hear it just because some people see it as spam. If it is really vital or concerns security we won't hesitate though. This can change in the future depending on feedback etc. Speaking of spam I haven't heard of any more complaints about referral code spam. I'm guessing deleting users that abused it got the message out.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: