Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:30:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dying Myth of long term holds???  (Read 1518 times)
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:31:59 PM

I feel if you want to hold, you can mix up the two. That is, use both short term and longterm term hold. The reason being that, these coins differ and some of these coins are very good for short term hold, while others are good for long term. Not withstanding study first the coin or token you intend to investing, before going ahead.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:33:17 PM

of course there are more possible gains day trading BUT MOST WILL LOSE only excellent day traders make money.

long term holding REAL projects is the best way.

Corrosive
Copper Member
artcontest

Activity: 582
Merit: 1089

#GPGL

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:33:55 PM

Long term hold on a decent coin will definitely reap rewards, however, if you can take profits and play the game by selling before a dip becomes really bad then buy in at a lower price.....its plain to see your rewards will be substantially higher. With that comes a substancial exposure to risk though.......

icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 10:44:50 PM

Whether you are investing or gambling does not have any correlation to whether you are doing long term or short term trading. It depends on your method and technique when you are trading, not just in crypto but in all market.
About crypto market, yes it has extreme volatility, most of the investor may only speculate, but you can still do low risk trading if you doing it right. And of course crypto market still have bright future.

Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:55:27 PM

Why would it be a myth and why would it be dying? History has proven it being a fact until this day. On the other side, 90% of traders in Forex are losing their money, that's established, and I guess that in crypto it must not be very different.
leezay

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:57:20 PM

The myth has always being that long term holdings is better than short term/daily trading.
Thinking about it; with the current atmosphere around cryptos, is the future really guaranteed to be banking on long term holds or is it all a gamble.
Some day traders make very good profits nevertheless, which makes me wonder if this myth still applies.

Please share your views

Short term and long term have advantages, but the trading requires a lot more knowledge, time and experience. Daily trading is definitely not for novice and inexperienced investors.

Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:00:40 PM

If you do not have the skill in trading then use long-term investment and invest for a long time in the main coins that show a stable growth over a period of 5 years for example btc  Wink

sadly, most of people without trading skill is new at trading and cryptocurrency, also not patient if we told them for long term hold. especially for hold btc, meanwhile they want a fast profit method.

MGmahesh

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:22:47 PM

ideally very difficult if all want instant all, I think it is true that before plunging must have knowledge and experience enough mature, almost all success is obtained from the fruit of patience in a long period of time. but there are occasional opportunities in the near future to succeed but must be with creativity and clarity and appropriate calculations in the transaction. essentially holding is the best way to get success.
tooiu3

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:54:34 AM

Of course, I still believe that this industry is worth investing in. As long as you invest in a good currency, then you will have a huge wealth. I think there are still many opportunities for investment in the current market, such as Ethereum, EOS, NEO is a very good choice.
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:26:00 AM

Based on my experience dont keep long term until you use the product , Project or service . I kept some of the coin without knowing its purpose . Because its price was increasing all of sudden market carshed everything went more than 1000% drop . But out of that some real working product and actual business were running survived . Now taking run in this bullish market. So long term holding is good if your really confident about project.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Raiden0729

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:45:04 AM

Well it depends on the coin or token you are holding, the movement of the market is unpredictable, holding is not a myth but a practice that we should remember. Ironically speaking you can hold tokens if you see that they cant make a progress. History repeats itself, and we can hardly determine what coin should we hold for a long term.
Atm2020

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:25:37 PM

Well, it's not really a myth as long time trading can multiply your investment in multiple folds. Short term investment is just a hit-and-run trading whereby you sell immediately you earn some little profits
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 10:54:16 PM

Actually, the long term hodl phenomenon only recently became prominent last year.

When the original Hodl guy said he was going to hold bitcoin long term, people laughed at him.
The reason why last year it became "the best way to do crypto" is because the market exploded last year.
Everyone was running scenarios like, "If I had just bought 100 bitcoin three years ago and held on to it, then I would be a millionare now!"
So obviously, people started saying that you just need to hodl and in two to three years, you will become a millionare.

This is very flawed thinking and has no grounding in the realities of market economics.

The truth is, a vast majority of coins will not reach high those kinds of crazy gains in a couple years

However, there are quite a few that rise sharply in a short amount of time so it is much wiser to take advantage of those.
Like any type of investing, your goal shouldn't be to get the highest ROI, but to build up as much capital as possible before looking at ROI.

Miminaha

Activity: 368
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:56:13 PM

The myth has always being that long term holdings is better than short term/daily trading.
Thinking about it; with the current atmosphere around cryptos, is the future really guaranteed to be banking on long term holds or is it all a gamble.
Some day traders make very good profits nevertheless, which makes me wonder if this myth still applies.

Please share your views
A long term investment is not a myth so do not worry
though it is important how many years you are going to hold your cryptocurrency
Elderman87

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

UniDapp

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:02:51 AM

Please share your views

Long term remains the best strategy. Day trading is great but the stress can be quite tasking particularly if you are not too skilled at it or you don't have time on your hands to monitor your trades continuously. I still prefer long term trading

══════════║  Unidapp.app  ║══════════
FULLY DECENTRALIZED TRADING PLATFORM
══════════║  Unidapp.app  ║══════════
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:15:59 AM

Please share your views

Comes down to personal style. I had to learn that I am just not a good daytrader. I'm not a good trader overall, but daytading especially is something I simply suck at. Others might not.

Plus, in a lot of jurisdictions, a trade is a taxable event. Unless you manage to make a lot of really good trades, much of your earnings get siphoned off that way.

What I think actually *is* a myth ist this whole "Just Hodl!" thing. Knowing when to sell at least parts is a good thing. Not everything will win in the long run.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:22:55 AM

There are obviously profitable outcomes available;able from both day-trading and HODLing for the long-term, but it comes down to personal preferences, available time, what you consider to be acceptable ROI and your risk comfort levels.

Certainly, day-traders can get more regular returns in a steady market and can even scrape a profit a bear market with savvy work.  But I think in a bull market, the HODLer will get a great ROI with far less daily effort.
Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:13:34 PM

Even if you do not want to wait a long time in the crypto money world, the bad situation of the market forces you to wait. Making money is on its way to becoming a legend.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:59:16 PM

It looks like long term hold isn't a good idea for me, as many coins goes into dead after few months since it is listed in the market. But if you still wanting for that, it is best if you just hold coins with high potentiality and those coins that are belong into TOP 50 in CMC. As there is assurance of having a pump in the coming days.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:04:40 AM

Very few people are smart enough to time the tops and bottoms of market and crypto market is too volatile for that anyway. For long-term buy and hold good altcoins, just see the prices at end of each year and easy to see the yearly gains.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: