Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:25:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Theymos anonymous?  (Read 7330 times)
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:28:34 PM

do you guys talking about thermos?  Grin

L/\/\FAOOOO!!!!  Wink  x1O
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:11:44 AM

http://www.benzinga.com/tech/13/05/3563567/meet-the-22-most-important-people-behind-bitcoin#15.-michael-marquardt-(@theymos)
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 13021

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:57:00 AM

Great picture of me! Wink

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:18:02 AM

is Stefan Thomas and Jed McCaleb still in "Behind Bitcoin" or are they outlawed because of Ripple.com?

And how about Vladimir and his club?

Cool

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:29:18 AM

I'm not a sociable guy. There are few people in the Bitcoin community who I have any sort of casual relationship with. AFAIK, I've met a grand total of two forum users AFK.

You live in a bubble and want to determine how a whole community should trust each other?

Time for a reality check!

He is just a kid with a lot of power (over the forum) and now a lot of wealth (in real life).

Clearly his moral actions have been questioned in the past but over all I think he does a pretty good job considering. I think he tries to do good but it does not always work out that way. I understand that guy.

But still I think my point about "default trust" being confusing at best is valid.

do you guys talking about thermos?  Grin

Hi, welcome from reddit!

His power is not limited to this forum, he has the Bitcoin-qt alert key as well.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:58:24 AM

I'm not a sociable guy. There are few people in the Bitcoin community who I have any sort of casual relationship with. AFAIK, I've met a grand total of two forum users AFK.

You live in a bubble and want to determine how a whole community should trust each other?

Time for a reality check!

He is just a kid with a lot of power (over the forum) and now a lot of wealth (in real life).

Clearly his moral actions have been questioned in the past but over all I think he does a pretty good job considering. I think he tries to do good but it does not always work out that way. I understand that guy.

But still I think my point about "default trust" being confusing at best is valid.

do you guys talking about thermos?  Grin

Hi, welcome from reddit!

His power is not limited to this forum, he has the Bitcoin-qt alert key as well.

True and at reddit. But over all I don't think he has abused his power (in any significant way that i know of) and we all fuck up here and again.

Had he been yet another global moderator I would have considered him to be exceptionally good Wink, but he has much greater power so more responsibility should be expected from him.

Back on topic: since he is in control of the alert key, it is indeed sensible that he should retain a degree of intransparency lest he is to be the target of some personal threats, unless it can be proven that he has used his power in irreconcilably wrong ways.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 06:59:16 AM

he has the Bitcoin-qt alert key as well.

It doesn't really do much anymore anyway: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2228

fligen

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Crypto Pros

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 12:03:18 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 12:16:35 PM by fligen

he has the Bitcoin-qt alert key as well.

It doesn't really do much anymore anyway: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2228
false can easily be used to drop price by 25% or more.

sell before alert
send alert
buy after alert before price rebounces
claim you were hacked.

well written copy. pick your choice

1) backdoor found in windows binary of bitcoin-qt
2) bitcoin core devs arrested for assisting money laundering
3) ECSDA attack found, all bitcoins unsafe.

this will drop the price instantly, good well written authentic copy will do tons of damage.

now theymos be accountable and explain why you read so many PMs without a legitimate reason for reading them
If you don't answer with a good response and apologize, I will post evidence and it's not going to be pretty

little bit of proof.. be more honest about justmoon/moongate's admin account password reuse on another forum Wink

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 12:23:41 PM

^^encrypt sensitive PM's always with PGP!  Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send

Note: PM privacy is not guaranteed. Encrypt sensitive messages.

fligen

Crypto Pros

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 12:26:38 PM

^^encrypt sensitive PM's always with PGP!  Tongue

that doesn't excuse theymos's behavior. he knows what I'm talking about Wink but maybe he has an explanation.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 12:37:10 PM

false can easily be used to drop price by 25% or more.

It'd get picked up instantly on the dev IRC and handled promptly, refer to what happened in march.

And even if it didn't, the price wouldn't drop in five minutes by some random number you just pulled out of your ass. People actually reading the notification, seeing past the bullshit would see an opportunity to buy the coins dropped by the clueless panic-sellers.

Lurk more, think harder.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:24:13 PM

^^encrypt sensitive PM's always with PGP!  Tongue

that doesn't excuse theymos's behavior. he knows what I'm talking about Wink but maybe he has an explanation.
Seems legit

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
fligen

Crypto Pros

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:11:40 AM

bumping.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:32:01 PM

bumping.

Why?  The OP has already been answered.
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:43:08 AM

Has Theymos (the person who runs this forum) ever revealed any personal info about himself? Do we know his name, where he lives, etc? Is the real person behind the Theymos handle an active member of the community apart from on this forum and on reddit?

Gavin Andresen follows him on twitter.  One tweet.  Come on Michael, some more effort would be nice https://twitter.com/theymos
Inkvor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:02:18 AM

Has Theymos (the person who runs this forum) ever revealed any personal info about himself? Do we know his name, where he lives, etc? Is the real person behind the Theymos handle an active member of the community apart from on this forum and on reddit?

Gavin Andresen follows him on twitter.  One tweet.  Come on Michael, some more effort would be nice https://twitter.com/theymos
who is the one guy He is following ? @Simpsonsvault , I doubt it is an imposter made it in 2012.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 09:52:27 AM

who is the one guy He is following ? @Simpsonsvault , I doubt it is an imposter made it in 2012.

It was a Simpsons streamer.

Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:54:37 AM

Trade Fortress actually doxxed Theymos. That's why he's banned. I think he paid for donator just to change his name, lol Cheesy

Theymos is pretty much known as Satoshi's first mate, he's basically the admin of bitcoin.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:57:40 AM

Trade Fortress actually doxxed Theymos.
Not quite, AFAIK he just compiled info which was publicly available.
Theymos is pretty much known as Satoshi's first mate
IIRC Satoshi chose theymos because of his technical know-how, and maybe that he trusted him. But I don't think satoshi would've thought that the forum would grow into what it currently is
Edit:
he's basically the admin of bitcoin.
Owh hell no
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 12:47:20 PM

Trade Fortress actually doxxed Theymos. That's why he's banned.
Fairly sure he just posted an existing dox which was on the internet, but was just banned from this forum.

I think he paid for donator just to change his name, lol Cheesy
TF has been donator since long before I even joined, probably at least 3 years at this point (if not more).

Theymos is pretty much known as Satoshi's first mate
Eh, I'd say that Gavin got closer to Satoshi as he was entrusted with continuing the project as a whole and with the Alert Keys to the project.

he's basically the admin of bitcoin.
He's the admin of a lot of the Bitcoin community (BCT & r/bitcoin), not Bitcoin its self.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: