Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:11:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what are the disadvantages of altcoin ?  (Read 530 times)
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:19:20 PM

developers became my first concern
a lot of SCAMMER roam to deceive us
preferably, you should be more careful in investing in altcoin, because I've felt in a lie by someone and it's very unpleasant
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1631

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 11:23:26 PM

The disadvantage is the difficulty of making a direct fiat - altcoin conversion for most of the altcoins. Therefore, the fortune of altcoins are still considerably influenced by the

general  market climate surrounding Bitcoin. This can diverge in the future, as many altcoins are asserting to accomplish functions and technology that are decidedly different

from BTC.

HoaNguyen

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:25:36 PM

in your opoinion what are the disadvantages of altcoin ?

The disadvantages of altcoins are that its exchange rate is heavily dependent on BTC and ETH. Therefore, when the BTC and ETH decrease, the altcoins also decrease. Since altcoins have fallen, the price of recovery is very low, I have invested in altcoins for a long time, but the rates have not recovered even though BTC and ETH are rising.

AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 11:33:31 PM

That's a quite wierd question. The biggest altcoins' disadvantage is that my mother doesn't know what ETH is, so I can assume her that I have some real money for my living. Of course, she's already heard about BTC, but not yet about alts...
What else disadvantages alts can have, if we compare them to BTC? They are almost the same, so we can only talk about their hype deficiency.

Scambusterz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:34:38 PM

The main disadvantages of altcoins are the unstable price and very high volatility. due to the instability of the course, large investors will not want to invest in altcoins.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:42:01 PM

Altcoins are very important came from the different kind of ico project made by the blockchain locally, the rules of altcoin in the crypto's is very important that's why called it as alternative coin because altcoins are usable for the trading exchange in crypto currency world, that's is my own opinion the important of advantage of atlctoins.
Siblack

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:52:27 PM

actually, altcoin offers more advantages than disadvantages. we know at this time many altcoins who have good prospects and favored by investors. maybe the altcoin's disadvantages if the price in the market goes down, surely it's very detrimental.
wong tsu gieh

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:36:40 AM

I do not think much about this because altcoin losses do not have the quality to pump up the price and so a few weeks ago lots of new altcoins were popping so from that now that I see almost all ICO projects are Scam, and This is the biggest disadvantage of all altcoin,
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:45:23 AM

Altcoins are too many for my liking I prefers having fewer valuable coin that will stand a test of time not the ones that will always correlate with bitcoin most of the times, this will makes choice of investment streamlined to the juicy coins.
Jendral Istimewa

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:14:49 AM

The main disadvantages of altcoins are the unstable price and very high volatility. due to the instability of the course, large investors will not want to invest in altcoins.
that's altcoin. but not all altcoins have the potential to go down, you know that ETH is now widely used and is becoming more popular, many people are holding ETH for the long term and some are mining the ETH, proving this coin has the potential to grow bigger.

hani1929

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 02:40:01 AM

the disadvantages of altcoin is its unsatable price and its high votality, but this disadvantages of this altcoin can be your advantages in earning money from this altcoin. Because of its unstable price you can buy when its dip and sell when its high. There are so many altcoins existing now in crypto world some of them are in very low prices and some of them cant get any higher price. Some of them also got delisted because of its low market cap.

andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:56:39 AM

In my own opinion the disadvantage of investing in altcoin is that it's affected by bitcoin price direction when there's FUD. During FUD if bitcoin price goes down then altcoin price also goes down.
rellor

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:19:19 AM

Alternative crypto coins have a large number of advantages, the main one is their small cost. But one of the main disadvantages of altcoins is their low capitalization, which allows speculation in the market. Manipulators can play with the course of coins by sharply raising or lowering it.
Mrbee

Activity: 454
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:13:21 PM

Oh, there are quite a few disadvantages of altcoins. The most important is the fact that they are strongly dependent on Bitcoin and can`t grow without Bitcoin growing as well. Second one is that they are not as popular as Bitcoin.
pacapa mloloh

Activity: 213

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:02:10 AM

in my opinion, the disadvantage of altcoin is if we do not know how to invest in cryptocurrency. so before investing we must understand and seek information in advance to avoid losses caused by fraud and when there is panic.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:06:33 AM

Oh, there are quite a few disadvantages of altcoins. The most important is the fact that they are strongly dependent on Bitcoin and can`t grow without Bitcoin growing as well. Second one is that they are not as popular as Bitcoin.
Yes still the altcoins prices were highly depends on the bitcoin so people are still afraid to invest based on the technology but it is our fault that comparing bitcoin with other cryoto currencies while investing.But I hope in future more coins will evolve like bitcoin and it will be healty for the future crypto currency system.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 09:18:11 AM

The disadvantages of altcoins have long been known to all, but I repeat - it is the scalability of the network, the speed of transactions and the lack of a finished product. This year is crucial for many altcoins, such projects as EOS, TRON are switching to their own blockchain and much will depend on their success.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
strwy09

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:25:32 AM

I think the biggest disadvantage of altcoin is that it does not have enough strength, so the risk of investing in them is greater, but they also have the advantage that they may have more room for growth, so how to invest depends on you.
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 09:26:40 AM

too many altcoin and is not very effective. If the existing altcoin all have the potential to not be a problem. but many are just passing a snap then lost and just become the sediment below. This makes altcoin less so valuable if this kind of value. Despite its benefits but not everything has a value and quality.

s.Zavgorod

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

"IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchang

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:31:06 AM

The disadvantages of altcoins are that its exchange rate is heavily dependent on BTC and ETH. Therefore, when the BTC and ETH decrease, the altcoins also decrease. Since altcoins have fallen, the price of recovery is very low, I have invested in altcoins for a long time, but the rates have not recovered even though BTC and ETH are rising.
That's why it is difficult to know the course for the future. Sometimes bitcoin and Ethereum affect the market, and sometimes not. Therefore, I prefer to trade the top 5, they are much clearer and often grow.

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬    
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: