Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:08:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my ether wallet tokens gone?  (Read 212 times)
grytvikken (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:11:04 PM

Hi Im new to all this but earlier this year I bought some 8794 tokens on the storiqa ico.....not alot then and even less now.
I transfered them to  MEW wallet address that I set up and they arrived ok.  Now I have gone back into my ether wallet to find that my tokens have gone ? I have follwed all the security advice from MEW and not shared my private key....can anyone shed some light on what may have happened? I have gone onto Ethplorer and the transaction record of my sending them to my MEW wallet is there ....amount date etc.
It arrived ok as I checked MEW and there they were......so any advice would be gratefully recieved . Its not a huge amount but I was about to send some much more valuable coins from an exchange to MEW but now Im not too sure.   cheers
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:14:20 PM

I believe you need to add custom token in MEW in other to view it. It is not gone, the balance is there just that you are unable to view it.
You would need the token contract address and token symbol.

Aniwura

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:22:32 PM

The question i would like to ask you in respect of this is that: Did you see any transaction details of it being sent out of your wallet?
If no,then it is still there. Just ensure you get the contract address, the decimal and symbol of Storiqa, then add to your MEW. I believe you will be able to view it this way.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:38:52 PM

First of all you should go to https://etherscan.io/ and check your wallet (dont forget to switch into the token transaction window). If you see the outcoming transaction then your tokens were probably stolen. But as it was already mentioned there is a chance that you need to add a custom token. if etherscan shows that your tokens are safe then just add a custom token. You will need a contract address, number of decimals and ticker for that. It could be found in etherscan.

tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:48:31 PM

i think you need to add it in the custom token.. you can get the contract address and other info in etherscan

D166
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:55:51 PM

Hi Im new to all this but earlier this year I bought some 8794 tokens on the storiqa ico.....not alot then and even less now.
I transfered them to  MEW wallet address that I set up and they arrived ok.  Now I have gone back into my ether wallet to find that my tokens have gone ? I have follwed all the security advice from MEW and not shared my private key....can anyone shed some light on what may have happened? I have gone onto Ethplorer and the transaction record of my sending them to my MEW wallet is there ....amount date etc.
It arrived ok as I checked MEW and there they were......so any advice would be gratefully recieved . Its not a huge amount but I was about to send some much more valuable coins from an exchange to MEW but now Im not too sure.   cheers

It does not left your wallet. Please check the etherscan website link you can find in the myetherwallet link given in the website itself. I suggest you to click on the link and search the my ether wallet address you have.
So you no need to worry about it. Even I have thought this is a issue when I was using first time.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:06:23 PM

As long as you can see your token in ethscan, your token should be safe. MEW cannot display all tokens by default, you have to add custom token. For you case, follow the instruction in the following website.

https://storiqa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002019012-How-to-add-STQ-using-myetherwallet-com

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 06:12:48 PM

There can be 2 scenarios either you have not added the custom token and stq tokens are not visible for you secondly you may have put your private key in some phishing link and your tokens may have been stolen you need to check and analyse your account for both these scenarios.

c4ptch4

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:30:21 PM

I am still new here but I have not done anything just join the bounty of the campaign, with the question and some answers from the people here I know what to do I am very grateful to the people who have given directions clearly and easily in understand
sammys

Activity: 1111
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:33:18 PM

Buddy you should check your address firstly .you can check your address on Etherscan.io or ethplorer.io chose one of them. If you can see your tokens no problem you have to add your token but if you can't see then you have problem.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:37:07 PM

Use etherscan if theres no tokens showing up? try installing metamask extension and manually put the token address in the mask if theres nothing ,you probably got hacked by the phishing sites that is why we need to install metamask extension to protect our browsers all the time it is the most powerful anti phishing site extension for the cryptocurrencies,also it protects your private keys when you are using decentralized exchange.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:44:45 PM

Sometimes you need to manually put the tokeb address in your mew to show the tokens from your mew,they are right you need to manually put the token address again,metamask extension could have saved your mew wallet from being hacked if ever you are hacked,you should only remember two things,metamask + antivirus is needed when you are transacting online.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:44:48 PM

Buddy I hope you followed them. If you won't take action then forget all of them in your wallet. Just visit etherscan and etherexplorer and if all your token appear on your wallet then you can make a transaction.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:50:00 PM

Yes, the interface of MEW is sometimes weird. Sometimes the tokens disappear on the view. Just refresh the site click on the tokens list. Your tokens should appear again. As long as the tokens weren't transfered somewhere else, they are still in your wallet.
salsa24

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 06:56:24 PM

There may be 3 factors:
1. Incorrect entering private key
2. When following the bounty in form filling enter the private key
3. Get hit by Web phishing (Never read next door, but get email from Mew but Mew does not have any connection with email)
How to anticipate:
1. Use notepad to save private key / kalo can barcodenya print.
2. The keysotre file should be stored in a secure folder to handle when forgotten private key
3. If any incoming email from Mew is only on behalf of Mew and do not open its link
4. Stay thorough when will fill the form / send address (Do not be confused with Private Key)
For now setau me if the balance is lost, ga can be restored again because cryptocurrency different from the real thing
If any errors please be corrected
patykuprova

Activity: 364

Creative & digital marketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 07:12:29 PM

I think your private key is leaked my friend, there is no way your tokens are naturally gone at all, it's should be someone steal it and move it away for sure.
You need to check your computer and install your window or linux or whatever because it already contained viruses or malwares right now.

I have finished kyc but not get token yet. Telegram @BeansreaL
My Erc-20 address: 0xe3e21e290544471facac5b9fb51127b1a0725710
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:16:54 PM

Not gone,it might be hidden and you should check it to ethplorer.io ,or you can manually add the token address in your mew and your tokens might shows up if you are not a victim of phishing sites,but if you are you wont find any that is why it is necessary to intall the metamask extension to prevent phishing sites to get your private keys.
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:22:40 PM

Very strange situation. You say that the transaction is displayed on the ethplorer? That is, there is no output of this transfer to another purse? In this case, it is worth writing in support of MEW, or maybe just add this coin manually. The main thing that there was no transaction to withdraw funds from your wallet.
cryptodevs

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:25:12 PM

You should check it first,add the tolen address of your token in your mew wallet so that it will shows up because not all the tokens are showing up in the ethplorer.io especially those custom tokens and you will need to manually add these tokens to appear in your wallet,you shouldnt be worried but if theres still no tokens after doing that you probably got phished.
ujjwalsethi

Activity: 213

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:30:20 PM

This can happen with anyone. mostly it happens with the people who are new to crypto world. The main reason why tokens are gone from your ether wallet is that you must have shared your private key with someone and that someone took all of your coins. So for the new people I advice never share your private key anywhere or with anyone.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: