Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:39:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BOYCOTT all businesses associated to Alex Waters, Matt Mellon, and Yifu Guo!  (Read 16680 times)
mikegogulski

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 07:23:23 PM

Privacy should exist everywhere but there should be a balance. A way to follow the money trail must exist to prevent institutional corruption. For this reason we cannot have secrecy in financial transactions. We can have privacy though.

It's gotta be fun being able to think two entirely contradictory thoughts at once.

Governments are institutional corruption. Corruption is their reason for existence, and the fuel they run on, when they're not busy chewing up and destroying human beings.

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 01:57:52 AM

Privacy should exist everywhere but there should be a balance. A way to follow the money trail must exist to prevent institutional corruption. For this reason we cannot have secrecy in financial transactions.

I don't consent, though.  If you are from the U.S., do you really believe in that document that says governments "[derive] their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed"?  Because I don't consent to this.

But I want to know if a politician or police officer is being bribed because democracy depends on it. A free society depends on transparency.

I have no wish to participate in your democracy.  I have no problem with you imposing whatever requirements for participation that you wish.  I have no desire to be a politician or to be ruled by one, and I have no interest in having my financial freedom infringed simply to prop up your failed idea (democracy).

yayayo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:33:50 PM

Nope , i'm not going to quote this.

Your last paragraph just kills your initiative.The usage of such language is just inappropriate and it will turn into a double edge sword.. There are lots of people who although might be angry at Yifu&Company , when reading that will say "Fuck You" not "Fuck Yifu"

I was quoting another guy from reddit. However I don't even think that insulting the collaborators of the CoInvalidation project would kill my initiative since they exhibit a total lack of moral standards.

Added some information on Yifu.

Feel free to point me to additional information.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:35:40 PM

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:59:53 PM

Privacy should exist everywhere but there should be a balance. A way to follow the money trail must exist to prevent institutional corruption. For this reason we cannot have secrecy in financial transactions. We can have privacy though. I don't think everyone needs to know what books everyone else is buying.

But I want to know if a politician or police officer is being bribed because democracy depends on it. A free society depends on transparency.

Get an undercover officer to attempt the bribe the police officer or politician in question. Do you really think it's impossible to solve these problems without throwing privacy under the bus?

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:49:01 PM

So is Hearn a 'bitch'?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:02:21 PM

Privacy should exist everywhere but there should be a balance. A way to follow the money trail must exist to prevent institutional corruption. For this reason we cannot have secrecy in financial transactions. We can have privacy though. I don't think everyone needs to know what books everyone else is buying.

Get an undercover officer to attempt the bribe the police officer or politician in question. Do you really think it's impossible to solve these problems without throwing privacy under the bus?

Wolves practically never eat their own. Doesn't matter how private (or not) institutional corruption is.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:11:27 PM

Yeah this is like allowing three man to create a Central Bank all over again. Are people that stupid?

URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:18:20 AM

Yeah this is like allowing three man to create a Central Bank all over again. Are people that stupid?

The blockchain is public.  You have access to the same info they do.  They are shady because they make more use of data then you?  Confused.   Huh
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:05:36 AM

The ledger is available to the public. And the public may do anything they wish with this information. If they want to spend their resources on something this stupid, who cares? Let them. It's not like they're doing something illegal anyway. Transparency is one of the foundations of Bitcoin.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:54:44 AM

Wow that's crazy!!

I think I'm going to support their business, just because.
aceking

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:49:37 AM

Wow that's crazy!!

I think I'm going to support their business, just because.

their business will destroy bitcoin , you don't need to be a genius to understand it.
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:55:09 AM

Just curious, how will this idea look like when this happens: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/01/16/the-feds-are-ready-to-sell-the-silk-road-bitcoin-kind-of/
 Roll Eyes
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 09:38:48 PM

I really hope that Bitcoin gore dev team stays against about privacy violations or if not I hope all miners reject all plans supporting this kind of development lines possibly planned for.

This is not a change to the Bitcoin Protocol, miners (or just people running fully-validating wallet and relay nodes) cannot affect this move. Although some kind of protocol integration will no doubt be proposed by someone or other.
People can choose which version they run / install and in the worst case Bitcoin will be forged / split in two versions. Privacy violating and altered new which sure will arise. However, it could be also end of bitcoin. I hope this craziness will be taken seriously and whole community will stand against this kind of changes. Im not sure where the biggest pools are located, they will have the power to choose.

But that's not what this is. In some ways, this is worse than a client/blockchain fork. At least the differing market price for Bitcoin and TaintCoin would help to settle the fight. Any Bitcoin based business would then have to choose which of the coins to support, and watch how much custom they receive from each if they choose both.

This CoinValidation group is the beginnings of a way to gradually force customers to disclose their identities, not via the protocol, but by good old fashioned legislation.

This would be weird.

One could own two companies, one that accepts only tainted coins and one that accepts only untainted.
The two companies could trade with each other to do inventory management, using off-block-chain settlement (such as fiat, gold, ledger entries, whatever).
The burden would be an additional company registration and some overhead, but why not address both markets?

And.

Should we expect a company to arise that automates this dual-company approach?  Might it be owned by one of these coin-tainters?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
illpoet

Activity: 341

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:47:41 PM

never use the same public key twice.

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:45:31 PM

I really hope that Bitcoin gore dev team stays against about privacy violations or if not I hope all miners reject all plans supporting this kind of development lines possibly planned for.

This is not a change to the Bitcoin Protocol, miners (or just people running fully-validating wallet and relay nodes) cannot affect this move. Although some kind of protocol integration will no doubt be proposed by someone or other.
People can choose which version they run / install and in the worst case Bitcoin will be forged / split in two versions. Privacy violating and altered new which sure will arise. However, it could be also end of bitcoin. I hope this craziness will be taken seriously and whole community will stand against this kind of changes. Im not sure where the biggest pools are located, they will have the power to choose.

But that's not what this is. In some ways, this is worse than a client/blockchain fork. At least the differing market price for Bitcoin and TaintCoin would help to settle the fight. Any Bitcoin based business would then have to choose which of the coins to support, and watch how much custom they receive from each if they choose both.

This CoinValidation group is the beginnings of a way to gradually force customers to disclose their identities, not via the protocol, but by good old fashioned legislation.

This would be weird.

One could own two companies, one that accepts only tainted coins and one that accepts only untainted.
The two companies could trade with each other to do inventory management, using off-block-chain settlement (such as fiat, gold, ledger entries, whatever).
The burden would be an additional company registration and some overhead, but why not address both markets?

And.

Should we expect a company to arise that automates this dual-company approach?  Might it be owned by one of these coin-tainters?

The Coin Validation concept is getting into the territory of a non-issue.

• CoinJoin designs and implementations are now here
  • Stealth addresses are now on the table
  • Miners will likely discourage or prevent address re-use once there is no need to for re-use (HD wallets and Stealth addresses cover all bases AFAIA)

And there's still no sign of Coin Validation. At least now we know the angle of the individuals who led the effort, and I expect most bitcoin users will be avoiding giving them their custom like the plague. Avalon's slow sales are early evidence of this (as well as stopping direct customer sales to sidestep the fallout they created, very subtle Yifu!).

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: