Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:32:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as savings, emergency needs possible?  (Read 2017 times)
Cherrybomb

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:18:40 AM

savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do short term or long term investment.
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:35:01 AM

savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do short term or long term investment.

Still if your purpose is for emergency needs I suggest not to store it in your bitcoin wallet, better avail a life or health insurance for you to make it sure, because bitcoin in our country is not acknowledge yet by the government and banks so I'm afraid if they are going to hold your money.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:22:26 AM

So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?
I do not really think it is the best idea to use bitcoin as emergency savings but it is your decision, the reason for that is when you are in an emergency you cannot waste any time and in my country I cannot convert my Bitcoin to fiat very easily it takes time and in an emergency time is precisely the thing that you do not have but if in your country it's different then saving in bitcoin could be a good option.
rejekiku

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:59:11 AM

So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?

Oh no, today you prefer save your money in banks for emergency needs. bitcoin is long therm investment. belive it.
almaerk08

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:19:38 AM

Oh no, today you prefer save your money in banks for emergency needs. bitcoin is long therm investment. belive it.

I agree with saving in your bitcoin for investment. Holding it until the price is high is good because we all know that bitcoin is for long term. But saving it for emergency purposes is not a good idea, because since it is an emergency, you will sell it no matter what the price is because you dont have a choice. You should save cash or fiat for emergency purposes, not with coins. Saving bitcoin and hold it for a long time is good, but not for emergency purposes.
rejekitiban

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:49:07 AM

i think, if you want saving for emergency needs you prefer save yoir money in banks. Bitcoin is asset, it is for long therm.
kyucryp

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:26:45 AM

Considering bitcoin investment as emergency money doesn't seem a bright idea because this will mean that once you need the money you should sell it a market value and sometimes it could be below your entry point.
The exit strategy is a long time movement because you must wait for the right price to convert your money into fiat so you won't be able to have access to your funds right away.
Emergency money should be in fiat.
It is true that I agree with you that emergency funds should be in fiat money. Why? Because if for example there is our family who are sick and must be immediately taken to the hospital so if we save the emergency fund in the form of bitcoin we will bother selling bitcoin first and then can get the fiat money. So it's best to have two savings one for emergency funds in fiat money and investment savings in bitcoin.

sangungaji

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:50:48 AM

not yet, bitcoin is impossible for emergency needs. you prefer save your many in gold for emergency needs, it is safe and you can take it anytime. bitcoin is long therm invesment. I think..
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:59:26 AM

In a similar case, I was a month ago. I neede the money for some urgent spending and we all now where the market was back then.
Believe me, that is very frustrating to have to sell your coins just because you really need fiat. Happily for me that I found someone to borrow me the money instead of selling under the market value.
That's true as we are in a volatile market the prices may change in any moment. We should sell our coins at the best price and save it in the bank. Also, have a separate money for emergency situations.
roseann072518

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 08:12:27 AM

Bitcoin as a savings, and emergency needs not possible ' i would say yes for savings for long time. but for emergency need i think its a no sometimes bitcoin not in a good value so i think for saving it would be ok coz you can w8 for so long, but  emergency need is not.
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:59:03 AM

how ya i think invest in such a business, you must be keen in seeing opportunities and do sell and buy in the right time if you want a big profit, unstable btc prices like bank interest does not allow you to sell at a good price according to the time you need, so in conclusion I do not agree with your opinion
OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:08:55 AM

how ya i think invest in such a business, you must be keen in seeing opportunities and do sell and buy in the right time if you want a big profit, unstable btc prices like bank interest does not allow you to sell at a good price according to the time you need, so in conclusion I do not agree with your opinion
I advise separating for investment, and emergency. well, we can not use bitcoin as a tool to help us when something unexpected happens. always prepare cash for it, because it can be a fast way.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:52:14 AM

Of course yeah, this is the one of a way that's a good way to do that. I think this is indeed a technologies advancement that really should be utilized as well as possible, loss if not close to bitcoin.
And each people certainly have their own purpose about the response to their investment, it's for a savings, an emergency, source income, or just for the other side of the income, essentially that's a way that can provide more benefits so far till nowadays especially for savings given the price movements always still can be moving to the higher price.

semutracing

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:03:23 AM

You shouldn't just depend on bitcoin that it will match with the date that you need it. Bitcoin's value is decaying and you can't control that, don't let the chance of getting profit be gone in just a short time because bitcoin's price is so unstable. Like what happened this year, look at the drastic price drops. It's horrible and you might lose profit if you keep on hoarding and not selling on the right time because you'll lose a lot if you do it this way.

To me that is the way out of the current system trap. If it does not go well, but if I do have a savings to live and can help good people in this world. Some people have put their living expenses into Bitcoin, so in that sense it's a savings account for people. I myself have put a lot of my net worth into Bitcoin
udanemas

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:26:59 AM

it is impossible if you saving your many in bitcoin, you still need it to fulfill your emergency needs. I think you prefer save your money in banks.bitcoin is invesment for long therm.
zedrickjuls

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:31:24 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 02:12:24 PM by zedrickjuls

So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?

Yes,bitcoin is good form of savings,if you put your money in the bank,there are are only few percent that add to your savings unlike in bitcoin.It is more profitable than saving in the bank and you can still used it if there is emergency cases.

V I D D O   ♥ ♥  is a new fair revenue
distribution video platform  (https://viddo.io/)
emelyanova

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 12:27:41 PM

You can keep bitcoins as savings because it can be easily converted in cash and withdrawn. But what about the price volatility, that can be  a huge problem.
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:06:27 PM

Still if your purpose is for emergency needs I suggest not to store it in your bitcoin wallet, better avail a life or health insurance for you to make it sure, because bitcoin in our country is not acknowledge yet by the government and banks so I'm afraid if they are going to hold your money.
Bitcoin as savings is possible but more great if only use bitcoin for investment and the profit is the amount to save after selling that way you can save losses when emergency comes because you do not know when that going to happen and is the price of bitcoin is not that down to take it.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:32:24 PM

You will feel dizzy and do not know what to do when you save bitcoin as a saving that will be used when the emergency situation. What if when you have an emergency and need bitcoin for that but bitcoin prices are falling even dropped. You'd better save some of your money in fiat form and use it again in part to invest in bitcoin as long-term savings. do not hang bitcoin as an alternative to the solution when in an emergency because it is very risky.
feegro77

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:37:54 PM

More precisely as long-term savings.for the daily needs we can take from formal income.
Bitcoin as an additional investment can still be used as future savings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: