Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:00:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as savings, emergency needs possible?  (Read 2024 times)
Elkafi

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:35:58 AM

So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?

I think the bitcoin is the long term invesment, you cannot use it for emergency needs. you should save your money in bank for emergency needs.
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:47:27 AM

bitcoin for me is good for savings but not for emergency because of there volatility in value..in saving, no matter how long we will wait for the value to increase our money won't be affected but when we use it in emergency no matter how low the price is,we are force to withdraw because we need it...so for me, separate your money for emergency and for savings

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Elmughni

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:20:12 AM

So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?

off course, the bitcoin is the long term investment, you can use it for your needs. today , the price is low. you prefer to hold. you should save a half of your money in bank or gold for emergency needs.
veejay2716

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:44:40 AM

Maybe if you want, I suggest to separate your savings for your own good and another savings for emergency purposes even we can't tell how much you will get because we already know that the price of BTC is volatile.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:28:57 PM

I personally agree with your thoughts mate.You can put some of your money in your wallet for investments and savings at the same time.That's what also I've been doing right now.As the BTC price increases, you can earn profit from it but on the contrary you will also experiences losses when the price is down.But we know that's the risk to take inorder to become successful.
Actually we have to look at the feasibility before making any decision whether it could be useful in case of emergency or not. It is not only the price that makes it unsuitable in such case but also the problems with the wallet/ transaction confirmation and even internet connectivity could be an issue at the time of the emergency. Technically Bitcoin is not mean to meet emergency situation. Fiat works best in case of emergency.
Lodipetmalu

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:42:44 PM

Bitcoin is an investment rather than a savings, if we say savings, it can be use once there is a need for emergency however if it was bitcoin you can not immediately get specially if you were holding it or if the price is very low you can not get in times you need it urgently.
xandra

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:52:29 PM

You can do it both and it is possible, I convert some of my satoshi/bitcoin into fiat money especially when I badly need it and sometimes when I meet my desired value then I don't have to think twice to convert . It's always up to us what we gonna do to our coins and we should not regret but as of now Im still holding and make it as a savings.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:14:39 PM

Bitcoin is an investment rather than a savings, if we say savings, it can be use once there is a need for emergency however if it was bitcoin you can not immediately get specially if you were holding it or if the price is very low you can not get in times you need it urgently.
Yes, that is supposedly an investment not a saving or for emergency money. From the very first start of yourg journey in bitcoins you should know its differences you can't jump on it without that knowledge and understanding in mind what it is. Maybe someday you need money but you save in bitcoins as you know that it was a savings or like a bank. Learn first and nevery put your emergency funds into this currency.
Situk brok

Activity: 401

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:28:53 PM

Yes it is true to say this bitcoin as a savings or can be called as long-term investment that one day we need time can draw the results of the bitcoin we have and we tube from now on.
mokong11

Activity: 187

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:37:54 PM

Considering bitcoin investment as emergency money doesn't seem a bright idea because this will mean that once you need the money you should sell it a market value and sometimes it could be below your entry point.
The exit strategy is a long time movement because you must wait for the right price to convert your money into fiat so you won't be able to have access to your funds right away.
Emergency money should be in fiat.

You are totaly right bro I agree with you. Bitcoin as savings at time of emergency is not a good idea because we all know that bitcoin is not totaly adopted in some establishments and organization like hospital to use it as mode of payment so before you can use your bitcoin is you need to exchange it to the exchanger and one of the problem from this is the price of bitcoin is changing anytime so its really not advisable to make it as emergency savings.
Bunk67

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:47:40 PM

not what you think mate if you need your money back fast you need to save that in your bank crypto is not bank
invest and hold study your chart till your see your gain that what we do here mate.. I'm very sure of something when you need your money most may be your time of loss

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
warkop121

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:38:33 PM

Yes I think bitcoin can be used as savings, because for me bitcoin is an asset for the future. But if it is used for something that is an emergency is a risk, because the value of bitcoin can not be stable, And if used for something emergency we could lose or gain.
kopisusu

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:02:22 PM

In a similar case, I was a month ago. I neede the money for some urgent spending and we all now where the market was back then.
Believe me, that is very frustrating to have to sell your coins just because you really need fiat. Happily for me that I found someone to borrow me the money instead of selling under the market value.
and it happens at the moment, i need money frustrating me and have to sell some bitcoin at a price that is currently cheap enough there is nothing i can do because nobody lent me money, Damn it!
domari

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:10:26 PM

Yes maybe for emergency needs. Bitcoin at this time the price is still somewhat below and not a good time to sell. If for emergency or urgent needs then it must be sold. Although prices are down or up. It has become a certainty to sell it when needed.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:11:46 PM

In my country it doesnt take a few days but a few hours. I transfer the bitcoins to local exchange takes 1 hour. I sell and transfer the money to my bank account. It takes 1 or 2 hours. And that is it. I have my money in max 3 hours.

turn the page
LynielZbl

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:03:20 PM

For me, bitcoin is basically an investment for now considering it is not allowed globally because some countries banned it. I consider it investment for a long period of time, it is also considered as savings, or even retirement fund or emergency fund in the future. In lieu with this, I also have my separate fiat saving because you will not determine when woould its price drops. All this can be possible if the value of the bitcoin is rising obviously.
ArteMixer

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 06:11:49 PM

Bitcoin is not the safest "piggybank", as it supported by nothing and has no value of itself, if in case of an emergency. So I'd invest in gold instead.  Smiley
Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:29:05 PM

Well I considered also a bitcoin is kind of savings and investment.  its very idealistic. because  while you keep on savings this bitcoin it can also gain profits. And incase of emergency you can easily cash out without any participation for others approval that causes delayed in processing transaction. 
ricebit7

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:41:02 PM

I think these all things characterize this currency. We can use both savings and the need to save our money from inflation. How do you use this currency? At the moment, this is a savings for me.
ScroodjMoney

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:52:28 PM

Of course yeah, this is the one of a way that's a good way to do that. I think this is indeed a technologies advancement that really should be utilized as well as possible, loss if not close to bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: