Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 02:54:35 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as savings, emergency needs possible?  (Read 2037 times)
Jesabela04

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:02:24 PM

So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?

As for me, I think it isn't a smart idea to have bitcoin just for emergency purposes because we must all know that it is hard to earn bitcoin these days. It is still better if we'll just have another savings except our earnings in bitcoin so that we would have something to use in case of emergency.
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:08:25 PM

I dont think that it can be considered as "emergency needs"

Take in consideration that if you are dying, and you need some money, what are you gonna do? How are you gonna convert your bitcoins to fiat in less than an hour?

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:49:55 PM

So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?

As for me, I think it isn't a smart idea to have bitcoin just for emergency purposes because we must all know that it is hard to earn bitcoin these days. It is still better if we'll just have another savings except our earnings in bitcoin so that we would have something to use in case of emergency.

Cryptocurrency was specifically created for the internet and has been designed for online security. But as the years are passing by,  more possibilities have been created like investing it and others wanted to do some trading. In terms of emergency, well here in my country I can easily make the transaction and can easily withdraw whenever I needed. So, there are so many options that we can actually do with crypto and its up to us on how we make it grow.
fernando48

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:54:08 PM

In this market everything is possible. Even hacking bitcoin under certain conditions is possible. It is necessary to invest the money that is not a pity to lose
cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:09:25 PM

You can always sell bitcoin, but it may be lower than you bought it which doesn't really work for you as a long term investment.  If you have an emergency you may be forced to take a loss when you remove money from bitcoin.  If you can tolerate that risk, I'd say it's fine.  But just be aware it can really bite you in the ass
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:53:28 PM

Considering bitcoin investment as emergency money doesn't seem a bright idea because this will mean that once you need the money you should sell it a market value and sometimes it could be below your entry point.
The exit strategy is a long time movement because you must wait for the right price to convert your money into fiat so you won't be able to have access to your funds right away.
Emergency money should be in fiat.
That is the problem when you put all your money into investment and never save for emergency because of wanting huge profit which will lose more profit when it downs but you need to sell immediately. Price is unstable which you cannot depend on in every uncertain situation. Better to save fiat for that and diversify it from your investment.

Lhanofclover

Activity: 102

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:36:38 PM

Since i have work,  my salary is my main source of income and i have my own style on how i manage or divided my salary from savings to expenses.
For me if you will set as an emergency money your bitcoin it has disadvantage because just in case you need money you need to sell your coins and sometimes the price is below your target.
Bitcoin is okay when you invest it with no regret or doubt when you sell it.
Fatimah Azzahra

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:44:17 AM

I do not think all your money to be invested in bitcoin because bitcoin can not be used as an emergency savings, especially if the value of bitcoin in the market is declining.
Athenakim.22

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:04:52 AM

Since bitcoin price is volatile, I think this is not a good idea to be an emergency money because the best way to earn big profit in bitcoin is to hold it until right time comes when it's value is really high that's the proper way to exit from holding your bitcoin so that your investment will profit 2x more than you invest.
RoolBi

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:47:15 AM

It is only a saving if you invest in 20% of the money you have. If you invest more then I think it is no longer a savings. But before you invest, you should also find out if your bitcoin wallet is safe.
Kolly

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:02:59 AM

We can convert bitcoin to fiat money if the need arises but there can be a set back with this, what if the price when the need arises is smaller than that of you buying price. It is better to not put all your savings in bitcoin and separate a designated amount for emergency needs.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
MaestroProject

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:35:25 AM

It's all about the portfolio distribution. Yes, about 20% in Bitcoin seems fair to me.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:46:42 AM

Hey
Lemme tell you my experience.
I was investing all my savings in Bitcoins so that I could pay up the college fee and guess what ?
I failed to encash at the right moment .. I wanted to hold longer and we all know what happened.
If that wasn't worse..our country decided to put ban on btc to money transactions.
So here I am waiting for the law to change and the time to be right.
Dude.. don't do it it's.. not safe.
Go for.. the quick hold and sell high if you need money fast and just let them stay in the banks.

this clearly shows how volatile bitcoin is, investing in it means you are about to suffer loss, not that bitcoin is a bad thing, it really depends on what purpose why we invest in bitcoin, if you are saving for emergency, that is a bad idea, instead, you can only invest money in bitcoin the amount you can afford to loose, emergency funds should be on a stable platform, unfortunately, bitcoin is highly volatile, i dont know where and what platforms are a good idea to invest on, but definitely not bitcoin because it is intended for a long term investment and emergency funds should not be included.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
thetruth123123

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:59:41 AM

Hahha, if the sittuation will be the same as it is now, you can save $1000 and get 10 times more oneday Smiley That would be great!
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:22:18 AM

In this issue, there can not be universal advice. The market of crypto currency is unstable and risky. In December, when the bitcoin price was rising rapidly, I did not see any warnings that people would not buy bitcoin at such a high price, because it would soon start to drop sharply. Everyone was directly affected by the "gold rush". Therefore, many of them suffered heavy losses. Invest in bitcoin should be very carefully. I do not think that you just need to hold it for a long time, hoping that someday, in the very distant future it will cost millions. This may not happen at all, and at a certain stage you can lose all your savings in bitcoin. It is better if you try to sell your bitcoin when it temporarily rises in price, and buy it when it is lying on the price day. And you will have a constant profit, and by your actions you will help stabilize its course, keeping it from manifesting a bubble.

frankybutterin

Activity: 242

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:47:53 AM

I think it will make us bother. because the emergency fund must always be ready for use whenever and wherever. if we use bitcoin for emergency funds then we have to exchange it into fiat money because bitcoin in my country and most other countries have not received bitcoin as a legal means of payment. we should save the emergency fund in fiat money.

elkafee79

Activity: 122

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:16:07 AM

I f you want to use your saving money for emergency needs , You should save it in banks, dont save it in bitcoin. The bitcoin is  long term invesment.
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1316
Merit: 356

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:18:35 AM

Yes it is so helpful in case of emergency, we can use it easily so we need to save it. But in my country, they have not bitcoins here so i don't need it because i can't use even though i save it. But in the other country which you can do it much better if you do this way because its very helpful.
torch2121

Activity: 210

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 10:20:58 AM

For me what I will do is to make sure that I have enough fiat savings that I can use in a instance in case of emergency. It is better that I have enough fiat in hands to use. Better to separate my Bitcoins and good only for holding and not to be use if its not going generate good return. You will never know when the emergency comes its better to be ready.

cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:09:40 AM

Yes I think that bitcoin can be saved for emergency purposes and in my country it takes only 2 days to get your money into bank after selling your coins on an exchange. So I can easily save my bitcoins for any emergency and then sell those coins if I would be in an emergency and I like this very much as my saved bitcoins also increase in value over time too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: