Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:30:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as savings, emergency needs possible?  (Read 2017 times)
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:01:28 PM

Bitcoin for savings is the best. Many people have already become rich with bitcoin. Holding bitcoin for more than 5 years can bring you a huge amount of money in the future. In bitcoin we trust. Bitcoin can become the world digital gold and people will start buying bitcoin for savings instead of gold

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:18:48 PM

So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?
of course everyone will have their own goals with what it does is invest in bitcoin. and as you would do is an investment activity done with bitcoin with the purpose to address emergency needs I think it is your right but one thing you need to know that bitcoin has a very pluktuatif price so of course you must be prepared with all the risks that will be encountered when the bitcoin price falls. but what you do I think is pretty good because besides you save the money you have for emergency needs but on the other hand of course you will benefit when bitcoin price increases again.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
fight-T

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:38:25 PM

Instead of investing in a different field with long periods of time and relatively low returns you should invest in bitcoin. Bitcoin is more like a savings account, longer term and a big profit for you.
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:42:03 PM

What you do is very appropriate. If you set aside your money and you tube yourself at home. Maybe you do not get the profit. If you are heading to a bank, it may need the requirements of the bank. Buying bitcoin is the right move for you. With bitcoin you can make a profit. You can also trade bitcoins. If you interest. You can also search for jobs that can supplement your income from some ICOs in bitcointalk or bountyhive forums. So your decision is right for me. when your economy is very emergency, you can easily exchange your bitcoin into fiat money.
brokeroutriggerR

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:49:35 PM

I think if you want some backups for emergencies, then better have insurances separately or savings in banks!
redshiftexpensive

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:03:47 PM

I have kept some as my back up currencies. They are in my ledger nano wallet, secured.
Melodimayy

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:55:23 PM

I don't think that is wise to spend all of your saving and turn it into bitcoin. Bitcoin is volatile, so the prices couldn't be precisely predict. When you put your saving into BTC, and when you in such emergency need, it is good when the prices up and you've already have some profit, but it is bad luck when you in need and the prices goes down. Better put the money that you can let it go when it losses.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:54:09 PM

So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?
Good strategy if you are person do the bitcoin as saving of the emergency needs. I also have the strategy I save my bitcoin or even the altcoins for the emergency sometimes when I have an extra amount of money I put on to the cryptocurrency more than to banks. Speaking of the bank, I also have bank saving but not more enough more than to save on the bitcoin. But I set target value of the bitcoin when it reaches it I will convert it into fiat. Not all my coins.
dario.93

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:25:15 PM

I believe that when people hold way too many bitcoins it prevents this cryptocurrency from growing because there is no real way to spend them in stores etc.
jasramos

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:36:04 PM

Not a savings, but an investment. No one could tell how bitcoin will perform in the future. Better diversify those funds if it will be used for emegencies.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:43:33 PM

Well the thing is though, is that bitcoin's value is very volatile and cannot be predicted even by the greatest trend analyzers out there. This is most probably the reason why a lot of people are skeptical about it. Although we know we are all gonna be going up in some time, we cannot be sure as to when this will happen or will we be on an uptrend when emergencies come. Thus, I suggest that people invest only the funds that they can afford to throw away or literally burn.
ymirymir

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:50:33 PM

As for me, I think thatbit is still better to have bitcoin as our investment aside from our emergency savings. It is a good way of earning for our future so we must just keep it growing. We should have another savings for emergency purposes. We must save wisely.
campica

Activity: 645
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:31:28 PM

I was doing that thing right now, but I don't investing money that I get from my regular job. Every penny that I get from internet earning or every coin that I get from signature campaign I exchange or sell and put all in bitcoin. So it's like a saving with great yearly interest rate and if I really need money I will sell that bitcoin no matter how much worth bitcoin on that day.
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:41:36 PM

I don't think it's good to use Bitcoin as emergency money. because the value is changing from time to time. and it's not an instant thing to sell bitcoin. you need to sell it and wait until someone bought it. the best way is to convert it into fiat and keep it to your wallet, so you already have a cash on hand.

RolandoBTC

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:58:22 PM

Considering bitcoin investment as emergency money doesn't seem a bright idea because this will mean that once you need the money you should sell it a market value and sometimes it could be below your entry point.
The exit strategy is a long time movement because you must wait for the right price to convert your money into fiat so you won't be able to have access to your funds right away.
Emergency money should be in fiat.
[/quote
Really true emergency means in an instant you  have money in no longer time,as we know here in bitchoin it takes many months to receive your reward,so never use this bitcoin as emegency possible.
Leenkoranan

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:06:37 PM

This is basically the same question as "should people put all of their savings into Bitcoin", but it happens over a longer timeframe.  Obviously the answer is no.  You should never put all of your money into just one thing, especially not something as notoriously unstable as Bitcoin.

The only emergency that it would potentially be good for is a collapse of your entire country's monetary system - but the best thing to have in those circumstances is an asset like gold, which more people would be likely to accept.

In most emergencies, you'd be better off having fiat, since you can spend it easily and it tends to retain most of its value.

ironman2014

Activity: 266

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:09:42 PM

Scince most of expersts predict a large long term growth of bitcoin, this idea sound not more hillarious, but real and logic. do it

kb24mvp

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:24:38 PM

In addition to being a bitcoin currency can also be a tool for long-term investment like gold, you can invest in bitcoin or just keep the money you have. In this bitcoin and at some point you really need that money and you can take by selling bitcoin you have.
Stephen1989

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:28:18 PM

You should never invest more than you can afford to lose into bitcoin and you should keep your savings and never put it into bitcoin. Please invest wisely so you don't find yourself in a bind.
rimueng agam

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:14:48 PM

I agree with you, bitcoin is very useful for us in addition to being a currency, bitcoin is also very useful to save the funds you have and one day you can take when an emergency and if you buy bitcoin at a cheap price and when you need the price has gone up then you will be able to profit big enough.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: