Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any altcoins that are independent to Bitcoin?  (Read 446 times)
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 12:55:18 PM

I don't think there is any altcoin that is fully independent from Bitcoin. Even Ethereum price is somehow affected by Bitcoin. But if many exchanges start to provide altcoin to fiat pair. And not altcoin + bitcoin pair. I think altcoin will be more independent.

MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:00:57 PM

From a theoritical point of view - yes,But none  really knows if its try what devs are trying to explain.For example we all know coins which are connected with real money or real goods,oil,Gas and others,But I don't know what are the basic economic indicators of its structure,Which are very hard to define fundamental aspects of them...Its very  interesting question and complex issue,which I think needs special knowledge and economists to answer,Its not enaugh to talk about cryptomarket psychology,therefore its so hard to understand in concrete situation what is the  real value of X coin because of speculative behaviours of investors.Anyway I was trying to harvest more relevant information about this issue but  in vain.
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:06:41 PM

It is difficult to conclude because both could happen. If you are an observant, you may notice that just recently, there were months where Ethereum remained around $1000+ amidst bitcoin's drastic and continuous crash. It lasted for a few months. That could justify your statement there, that there is an altcoin, at least one, that is sometimes not influenced by changes in bitcoin price. But it is difficult to really pinpoint because the elevation of Eth also started during bitcoin's elevation.

laracrofth

Activity: 374
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:12:59 PM

I think all cryptos depend on bitcoin price, as it is market leader. There is no possibility to avoid it.

crypto-bit

Activity: 333

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:15:25 PM

No there's none.All altcoin is dependent on bitcoin whatever the bitcoin price movement it will affect all the altcoins.Bitcoin has a global acceptance that some altcoin has none that's why if you trade you need BTC to able to convert your coin to fiat.
valessiobrito

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:16:07 PM

the price of the cryptocurrency market is formed on the basis of bitcoin prices and there is already a direct dependence on bitcoin and this has not yet gone away. until there is a coin that will be able to replace the market and will start from the current price of bitcoin
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:17:09 PM

Altcoins not always follow bitcoins path .
true that most of the time it does follow, but when BTC is stable some altcoins tend to thrive.

Also we have seen situations when BTC is going down and some alts are going up.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 01:17:29 PM

I am wondering if there are coins that are independent to the Bitcoin price? Like, if Bitcoin's value increases, the altcoin will not increase at the same time Bitcoin does. Or maybe, I am wrong that the price of Bitcoin doesn't have any effect to the value of altcoins? Please enlighten me with this topic. If there's any coins that are independent, what are the benefits that you can get in investing to that altcoin that you can't get in investing in Bitcoin?

What you need to understand is that the market is so unpredictable. The alt coins are in no way connected to bitcoin but due to the fact that bitcoin is very popular, it seems like when bitcoin goes up then other altcoins goes down. Also it will take a while before people find out there is no correlation.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:17:47 PM

Only ETH is independent of bitcoin to some extent. In last 3 months when bitcoin was in red, it still gave positive returns.

If ETH is an independent one why i am seeing the market that 1ETH = 0.005 BTC (not exactly)
Well i think that every coin and token have its dollar value, but still thata dollar value is depending
on the bitcoin price in the market.
potatocrasher69

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:23:02 PM

I don't think there are any extremely independent altcoins out there, some segment of these coins still depends upon bitcoin's quality in a way or two. Furthermore, a lot of elective advanced monetary standards out there are up 'til now controlled by bitcoin's blockchain development so I don't think there are coins out there that are extremely self-governing and free from bitcoin. In this way, that is my understanding of this point.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:34:18 PM

Only stable altcoins are independant of Bitcoin. Like USDT or DAI. And also GOLD from GoldMint ICO which is pegged with real GOLD. But GOLD is still only in very few exchanges. But it is going to be exchangeable with real GOLD. It is on Yobit, but there is only very few GOLD in this exchange (less than one once of Gold). One GOLD is equal to one once of real Gold.
jhowww

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 01:43:56 PM

I would say no, if you observe the market, all altcoins follow BTC. When BTC is bearish, all coins are red. Sadly, when BTC is bullish, same thing happens. Alt coins go green when btc is stable.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:59:28 PM

The crypto market is unpredictable, there are times that most of the altcoins are dependent to bitcoin like the last pump that we've seen. As bitcoin surged for few minutes, majority of the altcoins are also pumping. But there are also times that when bitcoin is up, some alts are not following. It's hard to say on what are those coins that you are looking for which is independent to bitcoin. They are all changing, sometimes they are dependent, sometimes they are not.

[1]So, this means that it is not settled if there is an altcoin that is definitely independent to bitcoin. So, I can conclude to your answer is that mostly, [2]Bitcoin's value states the price of other coins? [3]Then, how about Ethereum? Is it completely dependent of the price of Bitcoin?
[1] Yes, there's no settlement that altcoins are independent. Think of this, what do you need before purchasing an altcoin? Bitcoin, ETH(will explain on #3).
[2] I can say yes also with this, look when bitcoin is starting to act positive, two ways that altcoins can go, it's either they will go up or otherwise they will go opposite way.
[3] It's also dependent to bitcoin as stated on #1, when you are purchasing altcoins this is another way of getting them. And before getting ETH, you have to buy it also with bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Megashaw

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:43:38 PM

I don't think there is any alt independent of bitcoin. This is the major reason why bitcoin is called the king of cryptocurrency. If bitcoin is down ,most of other coins too go down. Mayb we will see an alt independent of it in future? But for now , no one
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:51:39 PM

As fasr i know theres none,because all of the coins in the market is being paird with bitcoin when it comes into trading that is why there will be no altcoins that will be independent to bitcoin,all of the cryptocurrencies are currently dependent to bitcoin! Even those platforms which are being used by the new projects are also dependent to bitcoin.

blazingshockwave

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:29:06 PM

I am wondering if there are coins that are independent to the Bitcoin price? Like, if Bitcoin's value increases, the altcoin will not increase at the same time Bitcoin does. Or maybe, I am wrong that the price of Bitcoin doesn't have any effect to the value of altcoins? Please enlighten me with this topic. If there's any coins that are independent, what are the benefits that you can get in investing to that altcoin that you can't get in investing in Bitcoin?
Sad to say but there are no altcoin that are not dependent with bitcoin even Ethereum. As you can see in all trading platform for altcoins, you cannot see any platform that has no bitcoin pairing for a coin that is listed.

Astorgame.com  | eSports & Online Gambling | ICO is LIVE
BONUS for early investors
▬▬▬ ◈◈  Website ◈◈  Whitepaper ◈◈  ANN thread ◈◈  Facebook ◈◈  Twitter ◈◈  Telegram ▬▬▬
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:36:53 PM

First of all this is not always the case. Not all cryptocurrencies follow Bitcoin price action. Saying that would be an exaggeration. Even in negative Bitcoin price action, if an altcoin has some news or update coming, it can very well defy the bear phase and can get pumped. Bitcoin being the dominant currency has some effect over the marketcap of all the currencies because of the existence of BTC pair with almost all the altcoins. But that isn't the only price driving factor.
maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:43:48 PM

I would say that BTC measures the market trend but, actually, other coins value can have a different behavior. It's like an exchange index ... shares can have a different trend

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
demonist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:56:53 PM

I believe that the price of bitcoin is not directly related to other altcoins. Just bitcoin is so popular (see query statistics in the browser) that inexperienced, young investors will always associate its growth and decline with the overall situation on the crypto market.
And yet bitcoin is a crypto Apple, no matter how slow and old its code is, it will not soon be dropped from the top of Olympus.
vasil777

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:06:01 PM

I heard that there are such coins that do not depend on the bitcoin, but I do not know their names, maybe it was just an advertisement. I think that ETH is partly dependent on BTC, because I had previously seen a situation where the BTC fell, ETH increased growth. I believe that 90% of coins in the market depend on bitcoin!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: