Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:08:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Was Perfect...............And Then Came The Utopians!  (Read 4595 times)
ixne

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:58:12 PM

Got some bads news for you and I'll let you figure it out on your own.

Violence works.

It always starts as "peacefule" demonstrations in the streets and then accelerates into someone shooting someone else.  Always.

"A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery. It cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another."

Mao Zedong.

Not that I advocate violence but let's get real here, mkay?

My $.02.

Wink

Not sure what your point was, but...

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?"

- George Washington

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SeanArce

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:02:42 PM

mine alt currency, what's the big fuzz. Srs. this thread is dumb

www.onefamous.org
https://soundcloud.com/naer-sri
15ZmN3d7WZDo4WbZwPFJMZcPMBDUkueGH7 - my  btc address
Rez

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 05:32:28 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 06:10:02 PM by Rez

The PERFECT underground currency; a peer-to-peer virtual currency, free from government control and interference; free from taxation if you had worked it properly, untraceable and the ideal currency for a completely anonymous world-wide network of free marketers, buyers, sellers, investors...

..in short, a Brave New World of independence and freedom.

You mean a "utopia"?

(Sorry, had to say it.)

Really, the "Well, it was good while it lasted" attitude of easy surrender I'm seeing on Reddit and forums is quite frankly pathetic, IMHO. Bitcoin is bigger than us. America decides that it wants to lay a heavy hand on Bitcoin? Fine, it will just redirect itself around that "error" and succeed in elsewhere in the world. Or it will evolve to meet the challenges placed upon it by an ever-deteriorating superpower. DarkWallet, for example.

Throwing up hands in despair at the first conspiratorial whiff of government intervention is juvenile. Scurrying off into ever smaller enclaves of altcoins is similarly juvenile. We live in the real world. If anyone thought the American government was going to look the other way and let Bitcoin jeopardize the future of its fiat is naive to say the least.

We meet challenges head on. At least those we believe in.

BITCOIN.SL Domain for Sale - ฿5.00 - Bitcoin Only - Escrow OK
LostDutchman (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 05:36:17 PM

The PERFECT underground currency; a peer-to-peer virtual currency, free from government control and interference; free from taxation if you had worked it properly, untraceable and the ideal currency for a completely anonymous world-wide network of free marketers, buyers, sellers, investors...

..in short, a Brave New World of independence and freedom.

You mean a "utopia"?

(Sorry, had to say it.)

No, that is not what I mean.

I refer to an underground economy which could still exist and be very, very profitable for those who have the intelligence and cojones to participate.

LostDutchman is the name and money is the game.

Would you care to play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okjOi961fcc

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Rez

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 06:11:12 PM

Sorry, I added to my thoughts after you responded. And they're not directed at you specifically.

BITCOIN.SL Domain for Sale - ฿5.00 - Bitcoin Only - Escrow OK
silverback

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:53:15 PM

... if only all those ASIC chips could stop mysteriously being delayed.

If you had a couple thousand ASICs that you were supposed to deliver to folk who ordered them maybe you would 'test' them for a while too.
LostDutchman (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 11:17:43 PM

Sorry, I added to my thoughts after you responded. And they're not directed at you specifically.

NP; we are cool!

Thanks for your reply!

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: