Bitcoin Forum
October 17, 2024, 04:28:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any other crypto replace bitcoin?  (Read 8842 times)
ptolimeus

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:32:21 PM

I think that only Ethereum still has real chances to become a new market leader. I do not see any other coins to be nuber 1.
Most likely it is ethereum in the distant future that can replace bitcoin. But this will become possible when ethereum will outperform bitcoin technologically by several orders of magnitude. I do not see other candidates either.
bournekin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:38:01 PM

This question has been asked for several time sin this forum. I am sure that there are many chances for other altcoins to replace the Bitcoin as the king of crypto. But, I don't think that it will be easy for them. We already know that BTC is the first cryptocurrency. Although many coins have the better or newer concepts about the crypto, it doesn't mean to replace the trust and rate or value of the BTC itself.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Wolfman15

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:48:49 PM

Maybe in the future. It is now very difficult to point out a project that can be just as successful. Bitcoin was the first and this is his important advantage

Kanda Yu

Activity: 315
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:51:25 PM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???
As time passes by, some cryptocurrencies grows more and more meaning someday sooner, bitcoin can be replaced by another cryptocurrency. Though it is possible, it will take a very long time before that happens considering the fact that bitcoin's value at the moment is still very expensive and is still too far from any other cryptocurrency existing.
Okrah

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:05:27 PM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???

I don't think so.. Because Bitcoin is the first digital money currency that was created and since 2009 until now the price value of bitcoin is always on the top of all coins. So I can not say and predict that there is another coins can replace bitcoin.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
max fray

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:28:37 PM

Do you agree???
Yes, there a lot of competitors, but I think Lightning will help to overcome all the disadvantages of bitcoin (low speed, high transaction fees) and preserve its first place.
As you said, at least not for the several next years.
At the same time, there are projects that offer a principally new way of arrangement of blockchain (additional layers that can theoretically allow up to a million of transactions per second), so we should keep an eye on this new technology.

steins19

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:33:55 PM

I think yes it is a possibility that someday Bitcoin will be replaced by a higher value of coin. But I think the system and influence of BTC is undoubtedly cannot be taken that easily since BTC is the first Crypto Currency accepted by the public is the primary medium of exchange. Yet is is really reasonable to think that it's not always BTC can be the reigning king of coins. There will be a time that all will change and I suggest that we must be ready for it. 

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
anjir

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:36:05 PM

I do not think that we will find a substitute for bitcoin like that, maybe some worthy competitor but bitcoin is what it is, if we see others challenging their market leader will have other uses and functions that bitcoin does not have, eg ETH is not like bitcoin at all .
Nazarov

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:42:30 PM

I fully agree, for the next 5-10 years bitcoin has no serious competitors.Who knows what will happen to him in 15-20 years.

sukmo

Activity: 760
Merit: 104

Moonbet.io

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:59:21 PM

Yes I agree with you.
my opinion of bitcoin is the parent of all the coins, so it is very difficult when altcoin could go beyond the bitcoin, for now I'm still convinced bitcoin will be better than altcoin, because most investors are more interested in investing with bitcoin temporarily to the fore.

dadanpradana

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:19:09 AM

no one can replace Bitcoin because of the strong nature of the fast and anonymous transaction.

just look at a lot of competitors from Ethereum but can't beat the price, Bitcoin Cash is only the son of Bitcoin so he can't overtake the price of Bitcoin itself.
gensol

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:25:15 AM

Bitcoin over the years, have been able to make name for itself and up to this moment, it has been widely accepted as a means of payment and not only this, it is also a store of value. When we look at this two great features it poses, no other altcoin will be able to surpass it. Some other Alts can surpass it price wise not in its intrinsic value.
chenhaonan

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:03:43 AM

Many of these friends have raised such questions. I think Bitcoin is still likely to be surpassed, but it may not be possible in 5 to 10 years.

Brivwe

Activity: 182
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:16:49 AM

Do you agree???

Yes I agree with you that there is a tendency that bitcoin will be superseded with other coins. But for me its not that easy bitcoin to be replace it takes more time and for sure people will not allow it to happen. Right now the best competitor of bitcoin are the haters and the government who bans bitcoin.
I think that it can and cannot be because if from year to year technology is more modern and more sophisticated, then altcoin prices will also be expensive and all can get good profits, therefore someday another Crypto can replace bitcoin and become an altcoin The first

chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:46:35 AM

Technologically, a lot of cryptocurrencies have been replaced by bitcoin. But its capitalization can`t be replaced by anyone that would not say!
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:51:34 AM

There are many promising coins with good technologies on the market, and no one knows how future events in the crypto currency will develop, but at the moment I can not imagine that any of the coins can be more popular and beat the bitcoin.
KATOK_BOLONG

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:54:56 AM

for now bitcoin is still number one in the crypto world, it takes a long time for altcoin to compete with bitcoin, maybe ten years.
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 16560

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 10:04:39 AM

Long answer: NO.

Let me furtrher elaborate my long answer
Bitcoin in 10y is going to be worth either 500K USD (being conservative here compared with John McAfee) or zero.
All present altcoins will be worth zero in 10 years.
My two cents.
F1

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
merle

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:20:27 AM

So far, probably not. We realize that the many promising coins are there behind the Bitcoin. The concept and ideas are also new. However, it is still hard for them to replace or pass the BTC as it is the father of crypto. I know that some may have possibilities, but in fact, it is still far from now.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
              ▄███████████████████▄
           ▄█████████████████████████▄
         ▄█████████████████████████████▄
        █████████████████████▀ █████████▄
       ██████████████████▀    ████████████
      ▐████████████████▌      ████████████▌
      ███████▀▀▀   ███▌     ▀▀█▀ █████████
      ███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀         ▄██████████
      ██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▐███████████████████████████████████▌
       ███████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████████████████▀
           ▀█████████████████████████▀
             ▀▀███████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
chynge.net

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█             
              ▄██▄███▄         ▄   
              ▀▀ █▌ ▀▀█▀██   ▄█▀██
          ▄▄▄           ▀▀▀███▀▀▀ 
          ▀▀▀                ▀█   
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                ███   
                      ▄██▀     ▐█ 
   ▄█████████      ▄█▀█▀        █▌
                 █▀▀▄█         ██▌
 ████████████   ▀█▄█▀           █▌
                                █▀
     ████████                ▄▄██ 
                             ▄█▀   
        ▀▀▀▀▀               █▀     
                  ▄     ███▀       
              ████████▀█▀           

Instant Settlement

▄██▄███           
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▄█▀   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ██▀▄██  ▄█▄  ██▌▄ ▄▄▄ █
███▀     ▐█▀▀▄█▀  ██▀ ▀██  ▀█▄    █
██      █▀░██▀  █▀▀     ▐▀█  ▀██  █
█▀▀████████████████████████████████
█▀▀▌ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██
█▄                                █
█▄                       ▄▄████████
█▄                      █▀███▌    █
█▄                     █▌ █  █▌   █
█▄                      ▀████▌▄▄▄▄█
█▄                                █
█▌                                █
██▀▀ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██
 ▀▀████████████████████████████████

Zero Fees

▄██▀▀▀██▄           
          ▄██       ██▄         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
    █████████████████████████   
    █                       █   
    █          ▄▄▄          █   
    █         █▀▀▀█         █   
    █         █   █         █   
    █         █▄▄▄█         █   
    █          ▀▀▀          █   
    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   
    █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█   
    █████████████████████████   

Secure Transaction
d2s4

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:26:13 AM

In this time it's impossible because I don't know any promising altcoins that could be able to replace BTC. Perhaps it will appear on the cryptomarket one day.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: