Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 03:31:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for a crypto beginner?  (Read 704 times)
Ocherill

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:52:09 AM

You will not get good amount of btcs with that much of money so its better to buy some tokens or Lites and Invest them for long
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 05:25:31 PM

It depends on your risk profile and expectations from the market. If you are keeping your funds in Crypto itself then that is already a type of investment. As you said you have already bought it Ethereum, I am assuming that you have your own research for taking that decision and in such case, I would recommend you to have faith in the same and hold it as per your strategy. You can do further research in crypto industry and re-invest your ethereum in multiple other coins out there but make sure that you are not relying blindly on others opinion.
upekhaanthony

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:53:30 PM

As a beginner, you should not go to trade. you have to learn market behaviour, chart and market analysis.  I think it is better to keep  60% of your portfolio as BTC and ETH. Other portion you can invest in Good ICO and stable coins. Before invest on any coin or ICO do your own market research.

crypto reva

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:11:48 PM

Hi! Thank you for answers!
papon13

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:17:14 PM

If you are a good trader then you can start trading or HODL.
FeverMore23

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 01:46:14 AM

Always invest what you can afford to lose. Research before you invest in some coin but for now, i will recommend you to invest in bitcoin. It is good for beginners.
Thian778

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:59:57 PM

Hold your 5 ETH for chances of more comeback and use the remaining 3 ETH to invest more crypto on ICO, since you can buy more kind of token that can bloom on the near future and your income will be x100.
swallovwvile8

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:10:47 PM

Move gradually and dont waste all your money at once. Trade in small amount and try to figure out your faluts before flourishing more into it
Goatswag

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:46:09 PM

Spread your portfolio between btc and eth 50/50..might seem like little money now, but wait a few years Smiley Also, I would set aside 1 eth and invest in 1 ICO..if you do your research right and get lucky you can do 10-20x, which will be a good foundation for trading/investing going forward for you.
I agree with this user. it's purely ones own strategy,but having ETH definitely is worth holding onto and one ETH right now is worth a decent amount. If you were to use 1/8th as this person said, to invest in an ICO that after studying it seems promising to you, that can potentially be a lot of tokens for you that will increase in value once the project gets flowing. Just be sure not to put all your investment in one place, I really dont see that as wise and especially with quite a few promising altcoins being born from the ICOs going on that right now will be cheap to buy. Good luck! Cheesy
cryptonandi

Activity: 188
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:05:35 PM

This could be helpful for a crypto beginner - http://cryptoshib.com/crypto-beginner/
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:20:45 PM

According to me put your money on investments if you play skillfully you will get a good amount of money in return and investments does not get close this early but remember to choose an investment which does pe because there are many fake investments out there. And I do not think that you should ever ask anyone to get advise company because everyone has a different point of view, according to the current market.
SchiefelbeinBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:35:40 AM

Invest those aleady brought ETCs in any exchange markets and wait for he next downfall so that you can buy some btcs this time with those profits
vuanhquan

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:06:04 AM

You can keep it, you should not use for trade when no know about money field market, and not enough available to lost it
volleyballslenderF

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:16:59 PM

Start with a small trading amount and then only go higher in the stuff.
benbenrlin

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:38:16 PM

Personally I would invest in some promising altcoin, it’s more a gambler perspective. If you wanna sleep relaxed then it might be good to keep your btc, otherwise if you are looking for some consistent ROI invest in Alts with strong fundamentals such as ICX. That said, it’s a matter of risk management, the more you risk the more you can lose as well as gain.

Good luck!
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:52:55 PM

My advice for every beginner: DOnt start in to cryptos Grin You ask me why? Its simple! There are two ways how you will end. The first one, you will invest in some cryptocurrency, send it to your wallet, forget it and you will look at the value in some years again. Thats very rare. The second way is: You buy your first cryptocurrencies, and you look all ten minutes to the charts and you will waiting the whole time that the coins will go to the moon. This will not happen, and you will see other currencies who will rise faster. You will spend more money, and more time in cryptocurrencies, but you will make just less profit.
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:56:07 PM

I just got $250 in BTC for a bug bounty. What should I do with it? Hold, or invest elsewhere?
I already bought 8 ETH a few weeks ago.

In need of advice. Don't really know how to get into crypo, but I definitely want to. Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Edit: Also, can somebody enlighten me as to what /r/BTC and /r/Bitcoin disagree on? I've looked at both sides, but I honestly still don't know what both sides are.
You can invest in interesting project. I told about altcoin company. If there a get good results of his work and development, price can be up x10
LadyBiz

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:13:47 PM

Personally I would invest in some promising altcoin, it’s more a gambler perspective. If you wanna sleep relaxed then it might be good to keep your btc, otherwise if you are looking for some consistent ROI invest in Alts with strong fundamentals such as ICX. That said, it’s a matter of risk management, the more you risk the more you can lose as well as gain.

Good luck!

I, too, would prefer to choose promising altcoyins, since they have a growth potential higher
CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:13:50 PM

I just got $250 in BTC for a bug bounty. What should I do with it? Hold, or invest elsewhere?
I already bought 8 ETH a few weeks ago.

In need of advice. Don't really know how to get into crypo, but I definitely want to. Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Edit: Also, can somebody enlighten me as to what /r/BTC and /r/Bitcoin disagree on? I've looked at both sides, but I honestly still don't know what both sides are.

That depends on your risk tolerance. Alts are better return but higher risk. Usually, the younger you are, the more risk you can take. If you lose everything, that's no big deal. You will earn more during your life. So decide yourself. But I think you should keep at least a half in BTC and ETH.

r/BTC is bitcoin community and r/bitcoin is bitcoin cash (bitcoin fork) community. Bitcoin cash tries to pass itself off as a "true bitcoin". The way "Satoshi wanted it to be". The thing is nobody knows what Satoshi would like to do. Now people sign petition against Roger Ver, a well known Bitcoin Cash prominent for constantly saying that bitcoin cash is real bitcoin. The site of bitcoin cash is bitcoin.com. True bitcoin site is bitcoin.org. I don't have anything against bitcoin cash except that they fool people into believing that it's true bitcoin. That's not fair at all. No, it's not real bitcoin. Don't fall for it. If bitcoin cash is worth it, then why hide behind bitcoin brand name?
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 3351

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 01:50:17 PM

What to do with BTC? I would say print out a paper wallet, load the wallet with the BTC and stash somewhere for long term HODL

It might not be worth much now but once Bitcoin increases in price your $250 will be worth a lot more.

For example...if you had the $250 converted to BTC at todays price it will be 0.027777BTC

Once BTC reaches the 100,000 dollar mark that same amount of BTC will be worth $2,777 dollars

Now imagine what that would be worth when Bitcoin hits $1,000,000.

Yep that same $250 will then be worth $27,700.

So my advice is to hold. Goodluck on your decision!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█