Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:07:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $8,000 worth ETH stolen  (Read 598 times)
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:17:14 PM

Are you using your computer to surf the web?  I would take a look at your computer, do a full scan with a paid antivirus.  It is better to have a computer dedicated to only processing crypto related transactions.  Don't use it to surf the web.  
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 776

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:24:03 PM

Maybe you have entered your private key in a phishing website.
You can't identify the hacker only with that address. It seems that the account was new and created solely for that purpose (storage of stolen tokens/Eth). There's no outgoing transaction as of yet and the address continue to receive tokens.

What I noticed was most tokens received were limited to Utrust, PHI, STP, SPA, SDE, TKT, ebit, COPYTRACK, Transmission, GlobCoin Crypto Platform. Does one of these tokens send you an email or let you fill out something connected to your wallet? If yes, that might be the cause.
This is the only possible case that i think off on where he might entered his keys on a phishing site or do have an infected computer which do have keylogger or malware that do accumulates important wallet informations being stored up into your pc.There are lots of ways on how your keys would be exposed or compromised. I have seen such address it does still continue to have incoming transactions to the persons or wallet addresses that have been hacked. There no way to retrieve those coins when the transactions is already been done.Sorry for your loss.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
topchiiy86

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:24:22 PM

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to return your funds. The only you can do is to be more careful next time:
- Never open any suspicious links from your mailbox.
- Never share your private keys
- Don't store you private keys in a cloud, the safest way is to store them on a flashcard.
- Always check MyEtherWallet official twitter for any kind of hacking activity with the site before opening your wallet.
- Always use Metamask to unlock your wallet.
- Use a reliable antivirus. It's better to have a separate laptop and use it only for crypto.
- And don't store all your money in one wallet.
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:25:13 PM

My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.
You arent hacked,mew adddresses cant be hacked but your private keys can be stolen when you have logged into a phishing site,or you have fileld fake forms from these websites,or probably some malware or virus in your computer that compromsed your keys,that is why we arent saving our keys into somewhere else,protect it with your life so that you efforts wont be wasted.

cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:34:04 PM

You wont be hacke when you are securing your private keys,and its either using hardwallet or installing metamask extension,mew wont be hacked when your private keys arent stolen by these hackers,using those phishing sites is tricky thing but it could have been saved by metamask as it is blockig the malicous website in your browser.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:54:35 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 09:10:08 PM by AlisaWhishie

It's really important for all of us to understand, how exactly this scammer works. So if we understand it, we could prevent such situations in future, it can happen to each of us!
So OP, tell as in details, how you opened your wallet, did you use matamask, have you ever clicked on any links from your email inbox, where did you store your private key? And please, check your browser history: you should remember when you last opened your wallet, check whether you used legit MEW or whatever wallet you use, not a phishing site.

I see that it happens every day with those who really know all these rules of "safe" wallet use, but it does't help. Scammers are constantly inventing new ways to stole our crypto, and we should always be one step ahead.

mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:00:21 PM

You arent literally hacked,your private keys surely got compromised that is why your mew address were opened,transferred your tokens to his.You could have been installed metamask extension in your browser so that you will be protected from these phishing sites.You could have used hardwallets so that you wont have any problem like this,

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
Slugmonkey

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:03:08 PM

There isn't really anything you can do at the moment. Here in cryptocurrencies you are the owner and controller of your money. Since, it decentralized and anonymous. You can't do anything to find the hackers identity or get your tokens back. When it comes to mew, never share your pvt keys with anyone and always double check the URL.
IsuruMaduranga

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

Block chain enthusiast

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:10:20 PM

Probably you've entered your private key in a phishing site.
Never use the private key or keystore file to log in to your Eth wallet.
Always use a hardware wallet or meta mask extension.

There is a very less chance to identify the hacker.
I did a bitcointalk search and a google search of hackers address. No trace was found.
Looks like the hacker has used a brand new Eth address.

☆ FLUX ☆
GAMING ECOSYSTEM
17 - 24 April Public Sale
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:11:07 PM

sorry for you man, you must have given tyour private key by mistake somewhere somehow, it is a good lesson you learnt today, thanks for sharing, we will be more careful
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:12:43 PM

Your tokens can not be returned, but you can still draw conclusions from this situation, listen to what the experienced guys tell you in this topic. Use this knowledge to not lose your money next time.
Data security is a very important factor when working with digital money on the Internet. Please give more attention to this issue.
cryptomngr

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:13:18 PM

Not hacked,you are a victime of phishing sites,because i believed you didnt use metamask extension that is why your private keys were compromised,you should protecting those coins to a safe place,and never place it to  somewhere else that has internet access so that you wont be losing your keys to from these phishing sites.

Ebenezer559

Activity: 401

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 08:14:32 PM

Sorry for your lost. I think there is no way you can get your token back. You can't be hacked without someone having access to your private key. Maybe someone who is close to you knows where you kept your private key on your PC or you mistakenly shared it online.
altcoiner

Activity: 351
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:15:50 PM

I think u have entered a wrong website, there is no way an hacker can get assess to ur wallet without having ur private keys, I hope this is not from someone close to u. And there is no way to get those tokens back unless u know private keys to the new address
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:20:30 PM

Go through your browser history and check if you visited a phishing site.
cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:24:34 PM

It is due to your negligence,you should be protecting your private keys,buy some hardwallet,or atleast intall metamask extension so that everytime you are transacting to any dex or decentralized exchange you wont be needed to put your private keys because these decentralized exchanges shouldnt be trusted! You could have been saved when you are doing the basic things.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:29:56 PM

You could have been secured your keys using hardwallets,it is very cheap and you should have bought one because it can easily protect your private keys even if your computer was infected by some viruses or malwares out there,you should be protecting your keys whenever you are using decentralized exchanges so that you wont lose your keys.

koloNikolo

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 08:37:06 PM

That's fishing for sure. It's a pity to lost such money Sad
I had one time MyEtherwallet fishing experience but I was lucky that I check every time the link. And then I saw something strange in it. So the best way to protect yourself from that is to add myetherwallet to bookmarks.
Hope you will have your money back

cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:39:08 PM

Nope you didnt,because you followed security precautions which is why your private keys got compromised,mew wallet wont be hacked by some if they didnt knew your private keys,or you could be victim of phishing sites which you can be prevented when you installed metamask extension,it is your fault to take that is why it is on you.

pat25

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:43:46 PM

My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.
You receive 8000$ from bounties? How long did it take and what kind of bounty you did?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: