Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:34:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $8,000 worth ETH stolen  (Read 598 times)
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2856
Merit: 593

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:24:40 PM

My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.

Sadly we all know that most crypto's and token transactions are irreversible and no name attached to it, so I doubt that you have the chance to get it back. The only thing I can think of is that you are probably phished, that's why he was able to gain access to your private keys.

And really sorry that you lost a lot of money mate, and I just checked the account and it looks like it all happened like 7 hours ago. All we can do right now and just be vigilant and really take care of our accounts  because those hackers are really targeting everyone here, specially those account who have a fairly huge amount on their wallets.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
joelembiid

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:25:22 PM

I was very sorry. Thieves always find a way. I do not know how to deal with them, hardware wallet seems to be the best. Hope you will win again
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:26:38 PM

You cant track who stole your coins,and you can get it back! its your fault not ours if you could have some good hardwallet or atleast metamask extension installed you wont be hacked easily as these two basic things are enough to protect you from phishing sites and malware and viruses from your infected computer,and you still wont need to worry about your keys.

There's no way to get back the transactions that is already confirmed. This is a cryptoworld, we must understand that hackers is more here and I know if you just take care of your details for sure you will not be hacked. Be careful on giving information and be wise on joining signature campaign or even airdrop because some of them is just a scam.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 11:29:25 PM

hackers will stop at nothing just to steal, these days i get email that are from most bounties asking me to verify an account i very well know i didn't create, i thank God i am knowledgeable of their operations because i have been hacked 3 times on my eth wallets. the money can not be recovered. so sorry

ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:29:37 PM

How do you think that the hacker got hold of your coin, collecting and investing in coins is one part but make sure you learn how to take care of your coins, if not the risk is higher always make sure you do bookmark the site you are visiting, have to come to a conclusion on what really happened and how you think it got hacked.
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:35:54 PM

You wont be hacked,if you know how to protect yourself,security should be tighten so that your efforts wont be wasted.Thos hackers are indeed good and can do everything that they want,they can use phishing website,or phishing links thru your email,and can be something else like viruses and malwares.To protect your keys install metamask extension that blocks phishing websites,use hardwallets to protect your wallet from viruses and malwares in your computer.

angelica laura

Activity: 229
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:36:18 PM

I have also changed my wallet's address several times, first I lost my wallet because I have spread my private key. Second, just as you have, I am very angry at that moment because my money is gone without me knowing what causes it. Then, I found some purported wallet addresses to automatically send eth to hacker addresses. That I realized when I tried to save some of my tokens from the next bounty.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
maereglapo

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:43:59 PM

You wont need to worry about this next time,you just need to use metamask extension to protect your browsers from phishing sites,hardwallet to add some protection to your keys which are built in,hardwallet has some password which is being based on your sheet manual,has recovery seed if you have lose your access or you did lose your wallet,these two are enough security and it can be used to the mew wallets.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:44:06 PM

You cant track who stole your coins,and you can get it back! its your fault not ours if you could have some good hardwallet or atleast metamask extension installed you wont be hacked easily as these two basic things are enough to protect you from phishing sites and malware and viruses from your infected computer,and you still wont need to worry about your keys.
First of all, I need to know.. how the hell that huge amount of money can be stolen ? I mean, HOW ? Are you using personal computer or laptop ? Are you using public computer or private computer in your home ? Are you using office computer or what ? Honestly, I really do not understand about that. If you have so much money like 8 grand, how can you log on some public computers. I hope you do not log on on some public computers. And above all that, if you use personal or private computer, I think your computer has some viruses and dangerous program. I hope you really understand about using a computer. If you are just an ordinary people who does not know about computer, than that is dangerous.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 11:44:18 PM

You have to ask yourself only one question: "Did I entered my private key somewhere or left it on my machine?". If that is a case, then probably you were phished. Maybe you clicked on some fake mail, telling you to claim your tokens by entering your private key. Or maybe hacker got to your private key on your machine. You should never enter the private key anywhere. It is for your eyes only. Have it locked up somewhere. Did you consider buying a hardware wallet?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 11:46:43 PM

Did you participate in airdrops?
Did you downloaded a software wallet for from them?  Most of them has a virus. That can hack your clipboard to get your private keys.
There are also sites with malicious script that will fetch data from clipboard and send the private keys via Ajax script.
Make sure to clear your memory everytime you open your MEW.

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:53:13 PM

How do you log in your wallet? Do you use PV key to log in? You 'd better use JSON Files to log in. It is a file that can be used to log in other hardwares. if the hacker spy your PV key is possible to lost the fund but if the hacker log with your JSON file? it is difficult except you are connected to bittorent network so other can infiltrate your PC. Other option is that you got hacked because you click phising link? You can remember what you mistakes you have made?
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:00:13 AM

Sadly there is no way to recover your stolen funds from hacker. They should be cashed out immediately after hacked your wallet then move it to exchange sites.
I assume you got phised too
komawei

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:22:50 AM

If there is no problem with the transaction, I guess the bigger reason is that the computer is invaded. My computer for placing my wallet has never been used for other uses.
danipay

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:29:42 AM

you can only trace it and report to 911 lol, i mean it is very difficult to get it back unless the hacker is willing to return it, seems that it will not be possible.
jimbo77

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:13:04 AM

Wow,  sorry about that bro, I believe there was something  you did in other for an hacker to move away all your token, maybe you entered your private in a fake telegram group which I have seen countless numbers of time,  or you entered your private on a phishing website which looks like the original one.  Next time you have to be very careful when accessing website,  myetherwallet will always tell you to bookmark their website.
Osiris0

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:25:53 AM

Hackers and scammers are always trying to improve their methods, so phishing is only one of hundreds possible ways. You need to get a consultation by e-security
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:18:21 PM

I'm sorry for you, but you can not return this money. You must be more attentive in future. Before you enter your private key, you must make sure that you enter it on the correct website. Sometimes phishing sites look like real ones and mislead us.

KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:21:03 PM

Must be some type of malware keylogger or a phishing site. We must all be careful with our crypto, we are our own bank which means adding some safeguarding measures. Banks do the same with money so we must do the same with our computers.

jasper79

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:22:38 PM

That's almost 1 BTC stolen, well it happened to a lot of people lately. Sorry for the loss. Learn from it, that's the only thing you can do about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: