Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $8,000 worth ETH stolen  (Read 598 times)
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:29:23 PM

My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.
Interesting story. Just what I needed and somehow missed. Did hacker hacked all your wallets or only this one?

OP is part of one big farming rig and most likely not being honest, but it is good to know that OP is owner of that address and that they have private keys of that address. This forum is full of abusers and if this story is truth(which I highly doubt), it only proofs that karma is a bitch.
Untitled01

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:33:59 PM

More and more often I hear that wallets are hacking. You lost a large amount. Such money should be kept on different and protected purses.
mimota153

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:20:27 AM

Maybe you entered your private key into a phishing site, or someone closer to you, had access to them. But right now, there is nothing you can do about it.
Ukaraki

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:22:28 AM

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

There are many people who have created fake myethwallet sites. If you are not careful then you may have visited one of the fake sites. Sometimes you need to save your myethwallet site so that you can save more time with your property
stovercrag

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:28:33 PM

It's just that you receive false letters from these companies periodically, with a link to a phishing site. Cheesy
pesorules

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

All the way up

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:33:56 PM

I feel sorry to hear your loss, I think that will never be recovered, it is hard to trace anyone here in the industry, because we are all anonymous here, make sure that you are changing your pw regularly and keep your keys in private

AQUA™  《  REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY  》  www.aquaintel.io
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤      TOKEN SALE : MAY 7, 2018      ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 02:36:42 PM

Maybe you have entered your private key in a phishing website.
You can't identify the hacker only with that address. It seems that the account was new and created solely for that purpose (storage of stolen tokens/Eth). There's no outgoing transaction as of yet and the address continue to receive tokens.

What I noticed was most tokens received were limited to Utrust, PHI, STP, SPA, SDE, TKT, ebit, COPYTRACK, Transmission, GlobCoin Crypto Platform. Does one of these tokens send you an email or let you fill out something connected to your wallet? If yes, that might be the cause.
I agree. Phishing is one and more accurate way of hacking private keys and accounts here in this industry that is why we need to get rid of this kind of modus. We are responsible of what will happen to our funds. There a lot of prying eyes that wants us to be a victim so much better to have situational awareness at all times. Take note that all transactions are irreversible so watchout and double check the site you are visiting.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ThePromise

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:35:12 PM

there is no way to get your eth and tokens back, unless the hacker send it back. but there is no such thing. the only thing you could do is move on, forget about what happen.

yahata144

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:41:09 AM

I think you got nothing to do. You can even save your privacy (secret keys) then how can you recover this, I believe there is no way to get the funds back
KOF97

Activity: 359

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:56:02 AM

In your case, it is very likely that you entered your private key on a phishing site. Now you should check your computer and mobile phone immediately for viruses. If you store the private key on your computer or mobile phone, it may be The virus steals your data!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:20:28 AM

There is nothing to be done for the stolen ETH. In the world of virtual money, it is impossible to follow the money. Since there is no legal sanction, it is not possible to do anything for the money stolen.
Quidat

Activity: 2604
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:24:45 AM

There is nothing to be done for the stolen ETH. In the world of virtual money, it is impossible to follow the money. Since there is no legal sanction, it is not possible to do anything for the money stolen.

Thats one of the disadvantages of unregulated cryptocurrency, you cant do any legal actions regarding the issue. Although it can be tracked, the addresses that has been used and involved. It's really sad to hear people who got stolen. Best thing we could do is to maximize our security as of now.
afterdark

Activity: 395

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:17:58 PM

Unfortunately, nothing can be done. You can forget about your tokens ... It could happen for different reasons. Perhaps you made a mistake and entered your private key on the fishing site, or malware was installed on your computer ... All the same, the optimal option for storing tokens is hardware wallets.
commander11

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

0x3f17f1962B36e491b30A40b2405849e597Ba5FB5

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:21:01 PM

There should be some reasons…you got hacked

Might possible you enter your private key on any phishing site or disclose your information accidently with someone, may be you receive some mail from any suspicious person regarding to collect your token by filling this form etc.

That is a major mistake, so in future please avoid these kinds of mail or form.
Lastly difficult to trace or get back your tokens, but next be careful.

Malware attempts in hacking is rampant nowadays. I also got victimized by this kind of hack. I am still lucky that i don't put my egg in one basket.
Lesson learned in hard way. Better to be safe than sorry. Now, I practice basic security practice and planned to buy Hardwallet next month.
amila_cs

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 05:27:11 PM

Do not give your private key to any site/DEX. Use metamask, do not install any suspicious software and have good anti phishing software. And also be cautious. It is really easy to get your private keys if you are careless enough 

WONO

⇐ ● WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of  any assets and services without currency and taxation expenses ● ⇒

○ ○ ○  WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○  ○
kingvirtus09

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 05:34:01 PM

I think you can't do anything. but accept it that your coins has been compromise. Admit it or not you should be responsible of your private keys. The best thing that you can do is buy a hard ware wallet and keep your private key safe.

podimanikee

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:29:19 PM

Your private keys may be stolen utilizing phishing sites,and you could have spared your cash when you have introduced metamask expansion in the primary place.Buy some hardwallets and im beyond any doubt you will be secured,you dont need to stress over these phishing sites,viruses and malwares in your PC in light of the fact that hardwallets has additional layer of assurance.
Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:38:37 PM

Its possible that you have exposed your private key unknowingly and the hackers are very sharp at their walk. Its so sad that the hackers have stolen all your funds and I doubt if you can recover the stolen funds because transactions on the blockchain is irreversible. 

MOG247

Activity: 223

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:43:19 PM

Cryptocurrency is so anonymous that no one could trace a particular transaction to anybody. That is why you have to be careful with your pass key.
bitchubitchu

Activity: 175

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:45:58 PM

You loose a large amount of money I feel sorry for what you are going thru,maybe next time you need to be extra careful of your wallet so that it won't happen again..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: