Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:06:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your rules for profit taking  (Read 1415 times)
ttking

Activity: 324
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:40:29 AM

I don't have any rules for profit taking, I mean that I follow standard rules as the most traders in the crypto world and think that it is better to stick to the plan that someone else has already checked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
javierromero69follaculos

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:59:01 AM

I think holding is the best option and it really helps in making some profit.
Ekenegbu123

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:06:21 AM

Everyone has his or her way of taking profit. Some take profits and keep the funds on bitcoin, while some take profit and keep their profits in fiat. I take profit and keep it in usdt. I usually sell half of my portfolio if the token am holding does an x2
samuland5

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:51:46 AM

It is necessary to look at the situation - how critical is the need for fiat money. If very then I change the crypt to Fiat, if the situation can wait - I search for good coins, you can even see new ones. New coins very often have the potential for growth (not all of course) the project and the future will be a coin, now I'm working with the BOOSTO project - I think there will be xxx.
If you are involve in crypto trading and you want to make some profit from there, then no doubt that you have to do research for the best place and coin to invest your money there. Without having good study and satisfaction investing your money in crypto is to take a big risk.
mesagrandporrets

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:57:12 AM

It is not possible to predict the market and the rise and fall of the market.
LLooctor

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:12:29 PM

Everyone has a different take on this and it is always better to know what you are doing.
javierromero69follaculos

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:45:51 PM

I like to withdraw some amount at least half of the funds when there is a fall as it helps.
kkrectorden

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:58:43 AM

There are people with different approaches and you can do what suits you the best.
feelingfroggy

Activity: 220
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:24:23 PM

I step out in increments and never try to time the top no matter how tempting it may be.  USually if I double up I take my initial investment out.  After that I let it ride for another double as I have nothing to loose.  I tend to over hold once I have my initial investment out. 

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:54:01 PM

If the reasons for why you entered the trade are no longer present, or if the technicals (or fundamentals) have changed significantly from the time of your entry so that you have no reason to be in the trade, then exit the trade
mwaqar17

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:05:14 AM

your method is best for full time traders. I use to trade in BTC or ETH because most of the time I am using altcoins. For profit I use to set a specific target for every altcoin, depending upon the investment. For conversion I use localbitcoins
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:37:10 AM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

Your strategy is good and I think that can be sustainable in the this state and considering USDT is good in buying dips so just continue what you're doing.

Though what I usually did is when I didn't need the fiat even I profited 100% I'll still go with USDT as it's more easy to buy using this so I can maximize my earnings.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 12:04:36 PM

To take the profit I follow the simple rule, Buy from the bottom and sell to high. That's mean bear market is the opportunity to buy and hold for a bull market. Mainly I am feeling good to invest in ICOs and when hit the market I expect 3x to sell the token to get back my the initial invest and after that, I wait for some big. This is my simple rules

smnjms

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:18:48 PM

I try to work within elliot wave structure and sell on the fifth wave, reinvesting on the second corrective wave
uchiikina14

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:58:16 PM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

I hodl first my fund then when the price is good I withdraw it when I only need but if I do not need the money then I do not withdraw it first I hodl it for the good price of the token but when I withdraw it I do not withdraw all of the token I hold some of it.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:26:22 PM

We here in the world of crypto currency in order to have an income either it will be huge amount or not but somehow most of us here we want a great amount of profit as we believe it's definitely possible. On my part, I will set aside some of my profit from my traded tokens since there is still have chance to increase those potential coins I have in the future. Well, some of it become dying but I don't take it seriously as there a lot of coins I have in the future came from my bounty campaigns. Cheesy
ennave123

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 01:37:29 PM

For me, setting a percentage for keeps and re-investment is wise. It's increasing you assets at the same time saving for urgent needs. In this way, incase of emergency, you'll be saved by the percentage of what you keep, saving you without compensating your investments.
Siminarota

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:37:41 PM

Be patient and do not rush to sell coins when the market drops, wait for the chance when the market rises.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:27:12 PM

Be quick, be really quick. If you are looking for x100 profit for your investment, you are going to be incredibly sad. Will that never happen? No it sometimes happens. Will it happen to you again ? Probably not. Just take your profit and leave. Get in and get out quickly, like 5% or so is good rule of thumb. Just put your sell order on 5% profit and wait it out.

When you sell it, than wait for it to drop back and do it again. Do not wait for a coin to skyrocket and get pumped 700% before you sell, that sometimes happens but most likely won't happen. It is about small incremental profits rather than big huge gains over time.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:45:44 PM

I hodl first my fund then when the price is good I withdraw it when I only need but if I do not need the money then I do not withdraw it first I hodl it for the good price of the token but when I withdraw it I do not withdraw all of the token I hold some of it.
Ah! It’s not good to be driven by the need based profit theme. There may be many chances where the profit level may be higher when you don’t need any money and then when you need to withdraw your profit might have been less than 20-30% or maybe more, who knows.
It is a brilliant idea to not to withdraw all your funds at the same time and withdraw it in packages. This reduces the chances if the price goes high meanwhile you will be having funds to withdraw and gain more profit on it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: