Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:03:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your rules for profit taking  (Read 1415 times)
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:32:54 PM

The main rule for profit taking - have a plan before enter trade. A major mistake from traders is taking small profits and letting losses run. Result from having no trade plan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arjen18

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:59:05 AM

Hold my coins, Buy at dip price  be patient, don't panic  even the market is going down and always set my target price that's my rules to earn a lot of profit
coffigayo

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:22:26 PM

Yes, of course for me, I currently hold in the long run on all of my coins. I do not sell but want to buy some big coins that I do not have. There are no rules in taking profits because all income or profit is based on our own decisions.
$anounimus$

Activity: 1736
Merit: 294

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:35:56 PM

I just applied to be able to be unaffected by market conditions when prices fell because when I was affected and could not control my patience then I would only get a loss so the most important thing is to control the patience you have.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2174

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:49:09 PM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

I hodl first my fund then when the price is good I withdraw it when I only need but if I do not need the money then I do not withdraw it first I hodl it for the good price of the token but when I withdraw it I do not withdraw all of the token I hold some of it.
Ah! It’s not good to be driven by the need based profit theme. There may be many chances where the profit level may be higher when you don’t need any money and then when you need to withdraw your profit might have been less than 20-30% or maybe more, who knows.
It is a brilliant idea to not to withdraw all your funds at the same time and withdraw it in packages. This reduces the chances if the price goes high meanwhile you will be having funds to withdraw and gain more profit on it.

The HODL tactics is profitable when the crypto currency you bought is currently growing. In most of the cases I sell all my coins or tokens if I am aware of the future negative trend of a crypto currency I trade. It is quite difficult to "reinvest in dips" because no one knows where the bottom of the price falling will be. The primary rule is a patience and a waiting for a good chance to buy or sell a promising crypto currency.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:30:52 AM

Yes, of course for me, I currently hold in the long run on all of my coins. I do not sell but want to buy some big coins that I do not have. There are no rules in taking profits because all income or profit is based on our own decisions.
I agree.People may have set rules to take profit but the truth is it all depends on your own decision making.I personally do a long term holding for only those potential coins because it gives me assurance of a sure profit even if it takes years to realized.But there are really times wherein i badly needed my money so i just sell a fraction of it enough for my expenses.

brenzosa

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/YHngU9x

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:03:42 AM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

It may be a good idea to have that scheme, as you take some profits of your earnings into fiat.  But in crypto, it’s quite hard to predict when will the price increase by 50% or 100%.  But to assist you in achieving the goal, always do research in which coins/token projects to invest.  In the end, investing in the right coin will make everything much better and fun to manage.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:18:06 AM

The main rule for profit taking - have a plan before enter trade. A major mistake from traders is taking small profits and letting losses run. Result from having no trade plan.
Too long holding back when prices go up is also not a good thing because maybe you will throw away the opportunity that comes, because it is very possible the price will turn and fall. so I think make the best use of it, when you are profitable then sell it, that's my strategy...
Fantastickarl

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:11:36 AM

If I invest and I have made profits, the simplest and the easiest thing I do is to withdraw the money in fiat money. With this, the funds are always constant and you can be sure you made profits. You might decide to keep your profits in cryptocurrency and when the price of bitcoin declines, you can't say that you have made good profits as the market is down now
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:30:45 AM

To begin with, all the capital should be divided into various investment instruments, trading will not go far if there is no discipline and enough time. It is better to allocate 10-15% of your deposit to this case and fix the profit in fiat when you reach 100%.
Marnihughes82

Activity: 363
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:31:09 PM

I only sell USDT, when I really need money then I sell fiat, I prefer to usdt to be ready to trade at any time.
Ekenegbu123

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:58:34 PM

When trading or investing, I wait for my funds to rise above 100% of my invested capital. I now sell half of my investment to get my invested capital back and now hold the rest of the tokens for the long term
ttking

Activity: 324
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:37:38 PM

I think that the best rule to be guided with is to sell coins when the price is high. To my mind, it is better to buy coins now and wait until the price increases as much as you need to gain some profit
vladmamedov657

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:13:02 PM

always be disciplined
smnjms

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:31:39 PM

my rule are:
1. Analyse the market.
2. Think like sharks and see the future.
3. Before doing something, think twice. Stay away from margin.
4. Finish all your work then wait.

Cant back #3 up enough. Margins are asking for disaster. especially in a market as volatile as crypto.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 02:51:59 PM

If I will apply trading into this, I use a certain percentage of profit into it. I usually take 1 -2 % profit only and after doing it, I will find another coin to trade. I do swing trading sometimes but there are times that I need to use stop losses to prevent further lost of money.

I only exchange my crypto coins into fiat when I need to buy something very urgent.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

First, I would like to point out that I never believed in the false alternative called Tether. I think it is an option that is pushy and not safe at all, and many successful investors have already told me that you think the same. That's why I usually set profit margin targets over Bitcoin or in USD. It is also a fact that I deal with TL which is often my main currency. When I reach the target I set frequently, I go to cash again and prefer to make a new investment when I can find a new buying opportunity. I get a short term income that is not too bad, but I have a long term low income because I do not have a serious budget for my long term investments. I would like to point out again at the end of my comment that Tether and similar options have never been safe. For that reason, it is necessary to pay attention when trading through these parities.
joey alexander

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:55:53 AM

I buy coins gradually. I have long learned that guessing the bottom is impossible. So, if I like a coin/project I buy, let’s say, $50 every two days over a period of time. This way, I get a nice buying average.When the coin goes up and I am in the profits (more than my buying average) I start selling slowly. And with every sell, I earn profits.Of course, you will sell to early most of the time . But because you don't sell everything you always have some left if the price keeps rising. That only means more profits. It's a good thing.It's simply impossible to guess the top.that is what i do.hope it helps.
gurupauts

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 07:10:28 AM

maybe the rules that I do are the same as the others, that is I buy when the price is low then sell when the price is high, if the market is bad then I will hold it so that I will avoid losses and I can still get profit

naruto7676

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:32:25 AM

For profit taking my strategy is half half if i have 1000 $ i always do if i buy a token 50% of my investment or 500 $ for buy and 50% too for sell 500 $
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: