Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your rules for profit taking  (Read 1415 times)
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:28:53 AM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat
I withdraw my funds if there is an emergency that needed immediate money, aside from that nothing more. I don’t sell into fiat, because your capital will be totally stuck up. My idea is buy bitcoin and use this bitcoin to buy some potential alts so that when you sell your alts in 100% increased your profit will be cash out into bitcoin, hence your bitcoin hold increase. That is only my idea.
Rules are almost same for all the investors and by applying that rules an investor can take benefit and make profit easily. I am these days making a rule not to invest further because I have taken the advantage of the previous bears market and now going very well towards a good position. Investing at this time is also valid for me but as I have invested at low price so my all focus is on the market value to find it stable so that I can sell immediately in order to get huge returns of my investment.
I think there is no such rules to follow, a one thing that we should be also bear in mind in don't be greedy. Greedniess is the only emotion that stay out our mind to sell most of the time we are waiting and wanting for more. Selling in profit and not being greedy is the best rules.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:44:52 AM

Your plan not too bad! But you must take time to identify when to buy at the right time. Bitcoin has been making a very high significant progress and this give little opportunities to take profits along the way if you can easily covert to dollars and buy again at the fibonicial level of downward trends. Therefore, you must be careful in the way you trade in other not to buy at the wrong time.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:47:50 AM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

We have different approach in terms of selling so maybe you can't really get an answer that will fit your criteria. As for me, I really tend to hold no matter what's the trend is or massive shit happening around.

So when will I sell?

a) as soon as Im fine with the profit whatever it takes
b) as soon as I need cash

So basically no such thing as %%% here because most of the time, I do hold. Since I have gotten enough on my stash, I rarely do buybacks.

My suggestion: How about executing what's your on mind and see if that will give a good output to you. Really a must to test some methods in order to find a winning strategy.

P.S Only applies to bitcoin. I have different approach into altcoins and it will requires another discussion.

Maybe you should moved this thread to Trading Discussion.

Since we are talking about trading , you need to have a strict rules to make every session ended up profit steadily , don't set too high profit , just piece by piece but a sure profit.
Holding as long as possible without actively buy and sell aren't considered as trading for me. Control your desire to win big , it's always become your biggest nightmare.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:48:57 AM

For long term and day trade i always set a target. When it hit the target i will sell even though sometimes i think it will still go upwards. I always say to my self that a gain is a gain. I always follow my trading rules.

With convertion i just convert it to FIAT always then buy again when i think it is safe to buy.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:19:55 PM

We have different approach in terms of selling so maybe you can't really get an answer that will fit your criteria. As for me, I really tend to hold no matter what's the trend is or massive shit happening around.

So when will I sell?

a) as soon as Im fine with the profit whatever it takes
b) as soon as I need cash

So basically no such thing as %%% here because most of the time, I do hold. Since I have gotten enough on my stash, I rarely do buybacks.

My suggestion: How about executing what's your on mind and see if that will give a good output to you. Really a must to test some methods in order to find a winning strategy.

P.S Only applies to bitcoin. I have different approach into altcoins and it will requires another discussion.

Maybe you should moved this thread to Trading Discussion.

Since we are talking about trading , you need to have a strict rules to make every session ended up profit steadily , don't set too high profit , just piece by piece but a sure profit.
Holding as long as possible without actively buy and sell aren't considered as trading for me. Control your desire to win big , it's always become your biggest nightmare.
Being greedy or not to contented with profits is one of the reasons should really be controlled when we are talking or doing trading because this motive will really make your actions into a rush state where you cant think off clearly because you are expecting too much that the price might shoot up even more.Always put up in your mind even on small percentage gains will be already a good thing.Dont ask for more if you do see or already gains.
zero9119

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:40:12 PM

If you invest in the short term of the day you should aim to profit and cut yourself loss, remember to fulfill the target set. For long term investment you should choose when the market drops, buy the altcoin has good potential. I am constantly doing this two ways of investing and I feel that it is extremely effective.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:47:07 PM

This is the way every active traders will be doing, if the target they are aiming reach those valuation they could either convert them to USDT or Tether but i have my reservation on trusting the entire scope of tether because they are not transparent but that is how i deal if i am planning to reinvest my coins after a correction.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:58:24 PM

I just join the market, i set a target of no more than 3% per trade, and i let it in there for a few hours, if it is closed, then i take the profit and i continue with another pair, otherwise, i just let it in peace.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
4abrec

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:03:19 PM

I think that the answer to the main question, I will say briefly, is not to play with one leverage. And even better, play more in altcoins.
beliomir

Activity: 539

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:53:44 PM

My rules are very simple, I buy bitcoin, buy bitoin alto, I wait 100% for violas, I sell 50%, the rest I leave for storage in long.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
MaidaKalani

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:00:38 PM

Some rules to make a profit through trading:
- Expand the View
Most traders are only fixated on one trading instrument only. It's not wrong if you do something like that, but it also means you will simply ignore opportunities in other currencies, or other stock indexes. In fact, there are so many trade subjects that you can transaksikan.
- Set Risks
As has been said, the risk is directly proportional to the odds. That's why you need to set how much your tolerance to the risks that may occur. Risk in trading is certainly a loss. If you do not limit the risk tolerance, it's the same to let all your capital (possibly) be consumed by the market. This risk restriction is also set in the trading plan.
- Immediately Withdraw the Benefits Provided
Most traders do not realize that profits should not be mixed with capital. If for example you start trading with a capital of $ 5,000 and you have managed to collect a profit of $ 1,000, then immediately pull that advantage. Let your account balance back to $ 5,000.
- Know the Time Out
The "exit" strategy is also important. The simplest is to close the position after the target profit is reached, or stop-loss taxable. It can also close positions as soon as your trading system requires it to be. The less aware is to immediately close the position after the loss reaches a certain percentage of the profit already earned.
itsliss

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 10:12:57 PM

Good day, discipline, I practice myself to set an entry point and an exit point, also be a little less greedy. that way you will likely less lose a trade and easier to set a profit.
this is about the best way to make profit without much hassle
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:27:21 PM

It depends to what profit I get. If I think it is good to sell and I compute my capital and when I seel it if I see the profit is good I will sell it . But better to sell your altcoins if you get more than 50 percent and suggest don't sell all the coin the price increase because they have chance to increase more.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:45:19 PM

My main rule in terms of profit taking is to never become greedy and always set your goals to withdraw. This might look simple but many people fail to follow this rule due to which they need to face loss in their investment. When your coin is rising everyone wants to earn more and wait for the coin rise but in this wait coin gets crashed or dumped in no time due to volatility of crypto currency. I believe if you really want to play with risk then you should take your initial investment out and invest he remaining amount.
hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:00:18 AM

my rule are:
1. Analyse the market.
2. Think like sharks and see the future.
3. Before doing something, think twice. Stay away from margin.
4. Finish all your work then wait.
DirtMcGirt36

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:25:10 AM

Set profit limits in accordance with what the overall market is doing.  Yesterdays 20% gain could be todays 4% gain
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:55:50 AM

When the profit is over 50% I sell it, 25% in eth form for my capital to buy coins and 25% more for me to sell to USDT. But it depends on the situation of the coins that I am trading if the coin is growing rapidly well usually the profit that I get I sell to be in the asset to buy the coin and then I resell for profit. This situation depends on my needs if I do not need it, I just make it as my investment.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:20:00 AM

My main rule in terms of profit taking is to never become greedy and always set your goals to withdraw. This might look simple but many people fail to follow this rule due to which they need to face loss in their investment. When your coin is rising everyone wants to earn more and wait for the coin rise but in this wait coin gets crashed or dumped in no time due to volatility of crypto currency. I believe if you really want to play with risk then you should take your initial investment out and invest he remaining amount.

Taking your initial investment would be a big help so that you can control your emotion. Knowing that what is left in the market is your profit is an assurance that wherever the market will go, you still have a profit and you will have a rational thinking of when you should decide to take it all. Having a trading plan or sell levels would help in deciding when is the right time to sell. As for me, I don't wait for big gains but instead, I aim for small gains and if that profit percentage is reach, I would move my stop loss above so that in case the price go south, I am assured that I have less losses or I still have small profit. I let my profits run but I am strict to when should I stop my losses especially in this very volatile market.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
FUD Expert

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:55:58 AM

If the price of my altcoin suddenly jumped and double its price then I will quickly take my profit from it. And I will never encash all of it because I need to reinvest to repeat the process of profiting like investing 20%-30% of it.
alminium

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:05:22 AM

No one can predict exactly how much the market will go up, so you prefer to withdraw half of your funds every time you see a decline. This cycle continues and you keep pulling half to zero. I'd rather stick it out. The problem is if you hoard Bitcoin and then start selling a little regularly, you are sure that the price will drop much lower than what you bought as your initial deposit. I find it hard to time with our local exchange because of its spread. It's about $ three hundred.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: