Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:58:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is gold?  (Read 834 times)
ahrispool (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

https://mvlchain.io

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:19:53 AM

I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

Do you believe btc could be in this position? BTC could become gold?

vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:22:15 AM

BTC is acting like a gold right now and ETH is oil. thats how it is right now.

market-beta

Activity: 392
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:27:52 AM

if in my view. bitcoin is more valuable than gold. because bitcoin prices are much more expensive if we compare with gold.
bitcoin is created in a certain amount while every bitcoin is bought. definitely the bitcoin price will be going up .As more people join investing in bitcoins. undoubtedly Set of bitcoin will run out. if the price is always gold we can estimate and setabil. because gold every day in mine and the amount will always increase .
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:44:28 AM

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore.

when value of some country's currency drops or as you put it "collapses" it has nothing to do with what people believe in. there are a lot of economical factors that go into that and it is always because the economy of that country has collapsed, it can be because of war, some other internal political issues,...

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
rejekinomplok99

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:48:34 AM

I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

I think it is a difference thing. perhaps bitcoin is more valuable than gold. bitcoin is digital currency,very fluctuative  and the gold is stable.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:57:05 AM

It is an interesting comparison and I have never thought about it that way. I have seen comparing BTC to gold and LTC to silver, but ETH-oil relationship is interesting and new.

Anyway, in my view, gold has thousands of years of history and it has proven time over time its utility. BTC still has to prove it will exist in 10 more years, not to speak about its capital preservation utility.
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:06:02 AM

For me, bitcoin is an asset, most similar to gold in all its manifestations, except physical presence. Bitcoins are mined, and the more bitcoins people have already mined, the harder it is to extract further. Bitcoin`s exchange occurs "from hand to hand." Bitcoin is a means for decentralized settlements between large players, like gold. By the way bitcoin is even better than gold: its provision is the desire of the miners and network members not to lose their investments. It is on this basis that almost every serious currency is held.
Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:06:25 AM

It is an interesting comparison and I have never thought about it that way. I have seen comparing BTC to gold and LTC to silver, but ETH-oil relationship is interesting and new.

Anyway, in my view, gold has thousands of years of history and it has proven time over time its utility. BTC still has to prove it will exist in 10 more years, not to speak about its capital preservation utility.

Interesting comparison? Bitcoin are close to gold and have same huge value but the most safest is gold because in bitcoin no one can sure if it still exists after ten years or more. The gold are still a gold and have a value.
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:08:03 AM

Yeah I think bitcoin gained lot of trust and it already turned into digital gold to be used. We can safely say bitcoin will stay with us for many many years, price dumps don't really matter cause speculations don't damage gold.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:08:52 AM

Bitcoin is not gold, both are assets but with different features, I do not think that they should be compared or that we can say they are the same. It is principally wrong approach
fargoway

Activity: 164

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:11:03 AM

Definitely no. Gold is a real metal which is used in different areas. Bitcoin exists only in digital world and doesn't have a real value. I don't see any similarity between them.
pedagang2

Activity: 376
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 07:14:37 AM

yes I believe that one day bitcoin will be a gold of high value. however, a few days ago I had seen on the internet that some people had made bitcoin into gold, but did not mention the price. Huh

300pips

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:19:17 AM

Yes, BTC is the next gold. Also a very good asset thats why owners doesnt want to sell it, as the value rises. Another good thing about BTC is it can be pass to someone directly. The only downside of crypto is so volatile.

Google (http://www.google.com)
gusnulyadi

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:23:35 AM

Because it has some similarities between the characteristics of bitcoin and gold, among others:
~ the amount of bitcoin and gold is equally limited
~ bitcoin and gold coins its price is also stable, not degraded, easy
   recognizable and hard to counterfeit.
That's why people call Bitcoin a digital gold, but better digital gold. In essence, Bitcoin resembles gold - this is why many people refer to Bitcoin as 'digital gold' or 'Gold 2.0'.
454875kio

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:23:50 AM

I think bitcoin is digital gold, bitcoin and gold have the same effect (hazard, stored value)
Bitcoin has more investment value than gold, and Bitcoin has only used it for nine years.
The market value of more than one hundred billion. Gold has a history of thousands of years, and it has proved its usefulness over time. I think that the market value of Bitcoin to gold may only take a few more years, when it will be more popular around the world
adytran

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:25:19 AM

I think tell 'BTC like a gold in currency' is exactly. BTC is a first crypto currency in the world, decentralize,  not belong to anyone,  many one believe in it,  wish got it in wallet and more... But in the future,  many crypto with modern techonology will meet many requirements of fields,  replace BTC in miney exchange
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:28:32 AM

Yes I do believe that bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity and users since it has started and in this process it has also gained a lot of demand.  It’s true that bitcoin has defeated gold in terms of prices but still I don’t think that it will be able to replace it because firstly gold is way more popular than bitcoin and gold is accepted more whereas bitcoin is not accepted that much. So I would prefer holdings of gold over holdings of bitcoins  
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:29:12 AM

Many people are pretend bitcoin as digital gold now. But it doesn't mean that it can be as worth as gold. Most of people will always choose gold rather than any other currencies. So I think it will never become/as worth as gold. Although people in japan and korea are interested and keep collecting bitcoin now but most of countries are more interested to hoard gold.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:29:59 AM

Traditional paper money may be collapsed, but gold is here for thousands of years and it doesn't show collapse signs.
Bitcoin will never replace gold, because gold has been here for much longer and it gained trust as a long-term value storage, bitcoin has a long way to move through before it could be considered as a trustworthy storage of value.
Technically it is much better then gold as you can transfer it easily while in order to transfer gold you need to make a physical transfer ,but we need to get people to trust the system before it can be considered a as a storage of value./

ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:34:44 AM

I'm not sure if bitcoin should become gold as it's not the mean of exchange as it's supposed to be with bitcoin. I wouldn't be searching for parallels in this case, bitcoin is just bitcoin

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: