Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:41:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is gold?  (Read 834 times)
jops

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:38:35 AM

I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

Do you believe btc could be in this position? BTC could become gold?
I don't thinks so if bitcoin can become a gold. For me bitcoin and gold are deferent. I compare it with there price. Bitcoin has not have a stable value than gold. Bitcoin may ritch the high price but is not stable it may drop down in a second/minute. While gold since in the previouse years the value of gold is the same us now.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:44:06 AM

Bitcoin can not be precious metal like gold. Gold is a natural mineral.
The Crypto Stock Exchange is entirely human production. Human-produced things will be destroyed by humans. This is also a fact.
Although Bitcoin is not as valuable as gold, it is one of today's important values.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 07:55:53 AM

I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

Bitcoin for digital users is gold due to how we mine it, how we buy and sell it. However if you really would want to face it off woth real gold then you would have a hard time as you can really tell and know that gold is a much better commodity and has a much better fixture and value to not just the exonomic world but in terms of aesthetics and a lot of things. However I do believe that bitcoincan be one day just as better and be able to provide that same value to people

demsybtc

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:00:51 AM

For my view, bitcoin is different than gold.
Both usage are at different area.

Gold are stable and has gained trust as a long-term value storage for many many years.
Bitcoin price is unpredictable and volatile.

Both has its own value.
Dont think any of it can be replaced.

However, I don't think bitcoin can become a gold~
melekseverce

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:20:15 AM

I hate to say I told you so, but … well, I told you so. Bitcoin, 1  while still a popular financial asset, is looking less and less like a currency. Online payments company Stripe is ending Bitcoin support. It cites several reasons for doing so:

[Bitcoin] transaction confirmation times have risen substantially; this, in turn, has led to an increase in the failure rate of transactions. … By the time the transaction is confirmed, fluctuations in Bitcoin price mean that it’s for the “wrong” amount. ... Furthermore, fees have risen a great deal … making Bitcoin transactions about as expensive as bank wires.
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:52:32 AM

To start with what is gold? gold is anything precious and if bitcoin is precious it is gold and indeed a modern gold logically it will be very ironical  for one not to adjudge BTC to even be better than gold.
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:05:39 AM

They say that bitcoin is a digital counterpart of a gold but I don't believe it will actually became a gold. Just like what you have said bitcoin might also lose its value if the people don't believe on its value anymore but in the gold's case it wont because it is a precious metal that has a real value even if the economic standing of you country has declined or even if there's a war the gold will be gold and won't lose its value.

Hans17

Activity: 390
Merit: 157

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:10:00 AM

Well we can say the bitcoin are now starting to be like a Gold , they somehow the same but last year it almost exceed the price of gold , but as of now its below 8k usd , the only differences of this two is one is stable the other one which is bitcoin is unstable and volatile. But for me bitcoin is better than gold , I am proud to say that, now just holding my coins and waiting.

[

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
saifanik

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:21:26 AM

BTC and all aspects of gold are pretty much nearby.The price of both are very high,but the Btc is variable, both gold is stable and variable.However,both are treated as assets.But there is some doubt about Btc existence in the future,not about gold.

Siglo // Send airtime with your siglo tokens (http://)
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:27:43 AM

No, Bitcoin will gain more value eventually than gold.
Bervelukan

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:30:41 AM

Initially I first did not believe it and with time I believed that bitcoin could be like gold, because of the many interest and public trust.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:36:09 AM

Sure a good number of fiat currencies in the past collapsed, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the US dollar will collapse too. What video did you watch specifically? Hopefully not some tinfoil-hat stuff.

Gold isn't a currency; it's more of a store of value, whereas people could invest in so that their funds would be unaffected by inflation(which is very very common in most if not all countries).

I believe that btc is like gold so many bitcoin users can succeed and make a lot of money and eth it's like oil.
That makes no sense.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
harobaru

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:37:37 AM

bitcoin is like gold. it is world largest currency its price increases like gold.
Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:54:26 AM

The main feature of money sounds like this: bad money is replaced by good money. That is why for many years gold had an absolute advantage in relation to other money - this metal was hard to reach, least likely to be corroded. With the transition to paper equivalents, it took them only a hundred years with little to dislodge gold. Electronic money coped even faster. And now, if we look back, just 100-150 years ago almost every self-respecting state promised instant exchange of currency for its golden brother - it was a matter of honor! But it was not possible to save this beautiful and heavy metal. Because good money always drives out bad ones.
With the development of the economies of money, development was required more and more, and in pursuit of super-income countries and currencies reduced the gold reserves of collateral. Already at the end of the XIX century, only one of five dollars was provided with real gold, and over time, the gold standard was abandoned altogether.
Paper money ousted gold, because they are lighter, more compact and more versatile. Good money was replaced by bad ones. At the same time, paper dollars corresponded to the basic currency requirements as a tool - they stored and transferred value, they had a market price, which the crowd agreed with.
Why am I talking about dollars and gold in the past tense? Because for several years now a more perfect currency has appeared, gradually replacing our usual paper and even electronic money. This, of course, bitcoin.
Now it may seem ridiculous to say that bitcoin is new gold. But let's just go over the facts:
1.It is difficult to extract;
2.It is limited in quantity;
3.The price is quite high;
4.It is formed by the market;
5.Understand almost all the progressive population of the planet;
6.Very cheap to store and transfer.
Its decentralized nature makes it inaccessible to almost any form of manipulation known to us.
Of course, I'm not saying that bitcoin is a new metal. Yes, and gold as a metal for a long time, few people are interested. But my statement is that bitcoin can become the reserve gold of a new generation on the basis of which it is possible to create new currencies as hundreds of years ago it was with the gold standard. Bitcoin as a reserve element in all parameters exceeds both gold and dollars.
pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:06:02 AM

Bitcoin according to the I don’t was the same with gold for bitcoin has value big and unstable, while the gold has a stable and gold in received by everyone, while bitcoin not everyone accepts
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:22:57 PM

if in my view. bitcoin is more valuable than gold. because bitcoin prices are much more expensive if we compare with gold.
bitcoin is created in a certain amount while every bitcoin is bought. definitely the bitcoin price will be going up .As more people join investing in bitcoins. undoubtedly Set of bitcoin will run out. if the price is always gold we can estimate and setabil. because gold every day in mine and the amount will always increase .

I agree with for me as well bitcoin as of today is more valuable than gold because of the value of bitcoin and it is popular nowadays . Good for.long term investment. One thing that good about gold that bitcoin doesn't possess is that gold has a fixed value while bitcoin is cryptocurrency and is very volatile but when it pumps it really is very high and you can earn big time but when it declines it also fall down really fast. but for the value I will go with bitcoin.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 12:29:47 PM

Not at all in my humble opinion.Firstly we must admit the fact that various countries always find ways of keeping their economies running and will prevent any attempt aimed at collapsing their economies.So currencies are a worldwide means of transacting business and this will continue to go on till probably eternity.Countries may move to their own digital currencies in future but it is unlikely they will move to bitcoin and so that will make it highly unlikely for bitcoin to replace such currencies.In any case,digital currencies may become the next gold but not bitcoin specifically as it stands now.

abarbaz

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:31:38 PM

i think its more then gold or i say digital gold
pleght

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:46:53 PM

I think bitcoin is not gold.I think it's a lot more valuable than under Bitcoin.Bitcoin will reach much higher prices with the development of technology.Just wait.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:56:57 PM

Bitcoin isn't gold and it isn't money. Bitcoin is a new asset class. That is the reason why regulators can't utilize current legislation to it regulations. And I think they shouldn't do this

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████