Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 08:06:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is gold?  (Read 834 times)
keninu

Activity: 314
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:00:22 PM

Maybe it could, but in a sense, Bitcoin more trust from humans as a valuable asset than Gold. because Bitcoin has a higher value than Gold. But if to replace in the real sense of course can not. because Bitcoin is a digital Goods, while Gold is a real Metal. if in this sense, Until whenever Bitcoin will not be able to replace Gold.
bangladesh20

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:50:50 PM

I think it's a lot more valuable than under Bitcoin.So bitcoin is not gold.However,both are treated as assets.But there is some doubt about Btc existence in the future,not about gold.
evdoksi

Activity: 100
Merit: 24

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/DPgHv6X

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

Do you believe btc could be in this position? BTC could become gold?

It does not need to be gold, it is way better than it already. Just consider a scenario where you have to pay $100000 for a deal , what will you prefer paying in bitcoins or kgs of gold ?
wolfracer

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:16:03 PM

I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

Bitcoin has not yet passed the test of its value in time, therefore its comparison with gold is questioned. However, Bitcoin has nowadays reached a value well above the price of gold and it has become a much more profitable investment than this.

Suguha

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:10:59 AM

Maybe yes if bitcoin will become mire popular and trending for the up coming years and if there still a lot of people used bitcoin as they currency and maybe bitcoin will be have a value like gold if bitcoin will offer high amount and value of money, maybe that is one of the reason if bitcoin will become gold.
Telybin

Activity: 114

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:35:41 AM

Gold has little advantage to be a medium of exchange. However, investors still hold gold in the asset portfolio as a way to counter inflation. They own gold because they do not trust the central bank. More and more investors are holding Bitcoin. Many people are searching on Google for buying Bitcoin rather than gold. They argue that Bitcoin prices will continue to rise. Many people do the same thing but with gold; Its price is considered independent of other asset classes, as well as with the level of inflation of legal money. Therefore, like gold, Bitcoin can somewhat store the asset value of investors.
Chrisjay

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:56:57 AM

Will its possible the bitcoin will be gold someday. But for me bitcoin is great than gold. Because of his unstable price. It gives time to buy and sell
Singbatak

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:15:47 AM

If you see the price, they are the same. But still gold is better, when it comes in investment. Because gold is increasing year after year, while BTC has no stable price.
krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1344
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:20:19 AM

I think bitcoin is not gold.I think it's a lot more valuable than under Bitcoin.Bitcoin will reach much higher prices with the development of technology.Just wait.

I also think the same, in my opinion gold is really over valued. If we see the real life application, it completely fails in present scenario. Earlier women used to wear gold ornaments but now this trend is decreasing because of safety concerns. There are thousands of gold stealing cases occurring in my neighborhood everyday.

Dark_raven007

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 12:22:57 PM

Most equally, most people believe in what can be touched. Gold and oil will always be in price. A crypto currency is not justified by anything. First bitcoin, then his place will be taken by another, the third. Now it is profitable, because many do not have access to gold and other prices of products, all are busy.
RockHenki

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:35:53 PM

in my opinion I believe that bitcoin is also worth more than gold, because it brings benefits for life and is the source of economic stability, investment in bitcoin it is a long-term investment and it is possible for us to bring a huge profit source When the value of bitcoin rising, hope bitcoin will develop strong and widespread.
Crypto_Freezy

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:36:53 PM

Its more than gold... Bitcoin always rising in huge amounts..
JiuMiBe

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:49:09 PM

No one admits bitcoin is the same as gold - a kind of money that is not government-backed, but is widely accepted as a form of global value accumulation. Gold has had thousands of years of history used as money. Gold is accepted by central banks. Gold supply is really limited and it has intrinsic value. However, bitcoin does not have these characteristics. However, this does not mean that we should not care about bitcoin. Perhaps the monetary world is changing, and perhaps buying bitcoin is a long-term measure of wealth accumulation.
xieqieshangu9

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:53:16 PM

Bitcoin has the core properties of gold:

Scarcity, the amount of gold on the earth is fixed, the total amount of bitcoin is 21 million, is also fixed!

Difficult exploitation, with the passage of time, the basic had been mined gold on the surface of the earth, the mining of gold increasingly difficult, COINS every 4 annual output halved, dig the difficulty bigger and bigger, this is the same.
U20

Activity: 546
Merit: 103

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:54:36 PM

yes bitcoin is a digital gold. and I am confident that the years will be valued like gold and the price will settle.
it is a very new currency.

SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:01:30 PM

I think for the collapse of paper currency is very difficult even though bitcoin can be the main currency, because we understand that not everyone can access bitcoin with the limitations of the Internet network.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:01:43 PM

What kind of video have you have watched?cartoons?or pre historical?lol currency or fiats will live as long as people are alive,we will not coming back in stone age when monetary are stones ..we will be having our fiats foreve even if cryptocurrencies are adapted by all countries and every governments.

And bitcoin will never become gold because we have lots of tons of golds to consume
LanzCoinPress1994

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 01:09:12 PM

Hi!

Main obvious difference between Gold and Bitcoin is that Gold is a tangible physical precious metal,whereas bitcoin is digital currency. Also Bitcoin use as a payment method.Gold increase that price because of people use gold for jewelry and some industrial applications, so the metal slowly goes out of circulation, increasing its scarcity. Another reason is that people believe in gold. Bitcoin increase that price because of supply and demand,Technical development, Government regulations and many more community related task. To become like price of gold, bitcoin should maintain stable price with less volatility. Also without available physically, it is hard to make trust. Hence I believe bitcoin not like a gold.

Thanks    

◈ ZEROSTATE ◈
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE