Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:33:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely?  (Read 2611 times)
ginnygray

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:31:36 AM

Cryptocurrency has so many risk of scams, so you need to be very cautious regarding your wallet, bitcoins, and recovery seed in order to keep your recovery seed as safe and secure as possible.
Zidanmusk

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:40:46 AM

A key step to protecting your cryptocurrency is to store anything of significant value in a hardware wallet—a physical device, like a USB drive, that stores your private keys and currency locally, and isn’t connected to the internet.
mochisamichi

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:42:28 AM

Don’t wait too long to record your recovery seed. Instead, when you are presented with it, write it down and store it away somewhere safe immediately. Paper is one of the most secure ways to handle and store critical data.
drufilla01

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:50:47 AM

You might want to consider is having a device that’s solely dedicated to cryptocurrency activities. This means just one PC or mobile device used for only buying and selling cryptos. For instance, hackers are becoming smart at stealthily dropping keyloggers –apps that track the keys you type as well as the sites you visit- on to your device. So, when you type in your password, these keyloggers send the information back to the hacker who then uses it to get into your account and transfer your assets.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 08:57:53 AM

Save on laptop and copy the data you have on your flash drive if at any time it happens something. If you still feel secure yet also then save on the google drive so that if all the stuff you are missing then it still has savings data.

elyfia0203

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:16:36 AM

It should be understood that it is not recommended to store large amounts of bitcoins on any exchange, as the risk of loss or hacking is always present. So, instead of keeping your bitcoins on an exchange, consider setting up a safe wallet which you own the private keys to.
waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 09:58:39 AM

The best option is old school. Make a document, print it and put in a safe place.

drufilla01

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:59:31 AM

You might want to consider is having a device that’s solely dedicated to cryptocurrency activities. This means just one PC or mobile device used for only buying and selling cryptos. For instance, hackers are becoming smart at stealthily dropping keyloggers –apps that track the keys you type as well as the sites you visit- on to your device. So, when you type in your password, these keyloggers send the information back to the hacker who then uses it to get into your account and transfer your assets.
meyklove

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:04:36 AM

Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

I too keeping my information on my laptop and on my cellphone with a password that I am the only one can open it.

Seward

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:05:54 AM

I suggest you have a device that’s solely dedicated to cryptocurrency activities. This means just one PC or mobile device used for only buying and selling cryptos.
Shanley

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:07:48 AM

Never login to your cryptocurrency account using a public wi-fi. Read that three times and let that sink in for a moment. Not only is it easy for people to snoop on and interrupt data packets sent on public Wi-Fi connections, they can actually setup a Wi-Fi router and collect all the information that passes through their routers.
Haleytyr

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:11:21 AM

Honestly, you can use extra strong passwords with a minimum of fifteen characters, including upper and lower cases, numbers, alphabets and other characters. Also, avoid using names, words that can be found in the dictionary or anywhere for that matter, as there are hacking tools with these dictionaries embedded in them. Bottom line, make your password indecipherable by making it as incomprehensible as possible. The best passwords often look like gibberish.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:12:57 AM

Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

Im very particular in this area since this were our funds rely to keep secure and safe and for sure just a few here doing something like mine..

I am writing my passwods in literally way,as in writing in physical papers..so i will be the only one who'll have access on my funds
roglopolo

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:13:07 AM

I'm using an online wallet . All data from this wallet I keep only on the flash drive ... when you need to go in the purse I connect a USB flash drive
jone sonie

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:13:22 AM

If I were you, I would setup a two-factor authentication (2FA) system. This essentially means double layer protection on top of your passwords. So, if someone for instance, were to hack your account and wants to change your password, you would be notified via email, text messages and even an automated call.
Mr.Binss

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:14:27 AM

If you insist on using a windows based PC, you can use VeraCrypt. People using MAC can use FileCrypt. These software will help keep your hard drives encrypted and impossible to hack in the event of a stolen device.
Elizabesth

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:15:52 AM

If your cryptocurrency investment strategy involves buying and holding, you should first go with a core wallet. Whatever the case, never hold cryptocurrencies in exchanges if you aren’t actively trading. If you do this, your wallet is at risk of being hacked whenever hackers target specific exchange networks.
Alyssaff

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:17:09 AM

You should not carry around too much cryptocurrency in your mobile wallet. Mobile wallets are great for daily usage and carrying around some spending money. But they can be dangerous too if you ever get ambushed and are forced to relinquish whatever is in your wallet. Worse still, your phone could get stolen, and you lose access to all that “cash”.
Gracefs

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:18:33 AM

I advise you to use virtual private networks (VPNs). A VPN creates a private tunnel over the open internet. The idea is that everything you send is encapsulated in this private communications channel and encrypted so -- even if your packets are intercepted -- they can't be deciphered. VPNs are very powerful and important tools to protect yourself and your data
Sarahhd

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:19:45 AM

I think you can use third party crypto security entities. If you don’t want to worry about the safety of these or you misplacing them, simply have these companies take care of them for you by getting their hardware wallets and storing all your data on there. Companies like Trezor, NanoLedger and LedgerHQ are pioneering the safe keeping of wallets and encryption keys.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: