Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:52:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely?  (Read 2612 times)
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:23:36 AM

I have backup on my flash drive and i keep in in the safe deposit box, i think it is necessary to have a backup somewhere except on the internet because hacker can find a way to steal it. Also be careful when you are using a public connection to open your wallet, get a strong password and always be careful. If you have hardware wallet it's even better because the private key never leave the wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:24:24 AM

Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.
hello my friend
create print-outs such as private keys, phases in printed form. Then, to be safe, the mold is better stored in the safety box.
the safety box put in a safe place
BooMoon

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:25:57 AM

I think you just need to save your private key. Don't store your private key on your computer or mobile phone. I think it is easy to be stolen. Then you can record your private key to yours. Above the notebook, or remember it in your brain.
Tawong38

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:37:16 AM

For me i keep mostly all my crypto information in a small notebook because its easy to keep in a safe storage and i prefer to use hard copy. all of us have a different way of storing our information it is up to us how we safely keep our information, it is our responsibility how we keep our records safe  and secure.it is ok asking other how they keep their own information so that we have other options base on other opinion.
yehor

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:12:30 PM

There are a number of important safety and security practices that can help to protect your private keys and therefore protect your funds.

1.  Secure Your Wallets

First, it is wise to find a wallet with security measures beyond the normal wallet providers. Some wallets are now using encryption to protect the private keys. Companies like Corion have created a code package that encrypts the key data and protects it from insider hacking.
2. Separate Your Funds, Use Cold Storage
3. Wi-fi Wisdom
 Be careful about where you go online when you’re using a device that has a wallet on it. Dangerous websites and risky wi-fi networks put your wallet at risk. At the same time, do not leave your device unattended, or lend it to anyone.
4. Service Safety
  If your device holding your wallet needs service, be sure to move the funds from the wallet before having service done. Further, it is wise to change wallets every few months in order to not allow the wallet security to grow thin over time.
5. Gone Phishing – Email and Web
Phishing scams are becoming more and more elaborate, make sure email received from wallet companies have their domain spelled correctly and never look for their web address clicking on Google ads. Once you send a phishing website your private key you can say goodbye to your funds.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 04:18:25 PM

This is one of the very basics of crypto: how to store your assets.

Absolutely do not listen to anyone else that tells you web, pc, or smartphone based wallets are ok.

The only two options are cold storage and hardware wallets.

A quick google will give you thousands of people with experiences where they got hacked and lost their crypto.
Now, try to find any that have had their stuff stolen when they had properly stored it using a physical solution (cold storage or hardware wallet).

The most hardcore of people will actually put their keys in a safe or a vault.
I haven't gone that far but I use a combination of cold storage and ledger nano.
For my daily trades I use my ledger, for my coins I am holding long term I use cold storage.

And here is one benefit of cold storage, if you are a true holder, you really just want to lock it away and forget about it for 6 months or more.
Having it accessible and watching the price constantly is just too stressful.

SKgrubby

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:28:40 AM

I store my private key in a USB flash drive. I think this is a very safe method. Others cannot steal my wallet over the Internet, but you still need to be careful when trading, to prevent being cheated, not to trade casually.
JP_crypto

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:32:19 AM

You should avoid clicking links from unknown entities, only visit or enter sensitive information on secure "https" based websites, avoid surfing malicious websites and don’t download or execute any file whose source you’re not sure of.
AAlex48

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:39:43 AM

I have everything on two computers, more important information lies on the additional hard disk and flash drives. I do not use cloud and similar services. The file names have been replaced so that they can not be found by hacking. Grin
bundjoie02

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:01:25 AM

I use a back up file, I save my wallet key and everything on my USB and hard drive, I backed up 3 files to make sure its really safe.
dengineersprof

Activity: 102
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:04:46 AM

This is easy to do. You don't have to do so much to be safe. The internet and apps has made it easy for us. Simply allow your browser save them for you and use similar passwords for similar websites. For example I have same passwords for all my betting sites and for my crypto site investments I have same email and same passwords. So it's easy for me to easily recall what I used as my password than save it somewhere it can be seen by anyone.
fmboyzz

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:22:46 AM

A handwritten diary performs better for me. I never keep passwords in any digital formate. I write down every key and passwords manually. It's the safest option for me. Now, do you want to know where I keep my diary?
Tina Rosie

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:45:22 AM

I hold the view that a key step to protecting your cryptocurrency is to store anything of significant value in a hardware wallet, like a USB drive, that stores your private keys and currency locally, and isn’t connected to the internet.
Shika Colins

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:46:51 AM

I suggest storing significant value in a hardware wallet, and just storing a small amount in a wallet app to facilitate low-value transactions. I think you should only keep an amount you would be willing to lose in the app, and never give anyone your private key.
kumiskura

Activity: 632
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:48:15 AM

some of my friend said,it would be best for you to keep your sensitive information on paper.
which mean it would be better to print it out other than keep it somewhere on internet,
i found a lot of people who got hacked because they kept it on their google drive.
so am i,i got hacked a while ago when i kept it on my google.
Hannah99

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:49:57 AM

I suggest turning on Gmail's new Advanced Protection feature, or adding defenses like a PIN or password to your phone number to make it harder for attackers to grab control of your accounts by transferring your SIM to their own device.
Geoffrey Walker

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:38:26 AM

Secure hardware wallets like Trezor or the Ledger Nano S cost about $100 or less and have a straightforward setup. You just choose a PIN number and a recovery "seed" (usually a set of words and numbers) in case you forget your PIN, or your wallet malfunctions. It's pretty robust security, so make sure you keep copies of your PIN and seed somewhere accessible to you, but not to home intruders.
Carwyn Young

Activity: 108

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:09:18 PM

It's important to remember that all the small things you're already doing to protect your general digital life help defend your cryptocurrency as well. Philip Martin, director of security at the cryptocurrency exchange platform Coinbase advised to use a password manager, use two-factor authentication, leverage enhanced security protocols for your email address.
Gelesko

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:13:38 PM

I saved mine on laptop, hard drive, on computer, I have spend some time and wrote everything on paper and that's all Smiley . It will be very terrible to lose everything, all hard work and earned money could be gone if you lose your laptop. Print the document with all the information and put this piece of paper somewhere very safe.

Dai_Hernandez

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:33:20 AM

In my opinion, one of the most important steps to protecting your cryptocurrency is to store anything of significant value in a hardware wallet—a physical device, like a USB drive, that stores your private keys and currency locally, and isn’t connected to the internet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: