Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:48:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely?  (Read 2614 times)
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2128
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:25:05 PM

Yes we have many private keys, passwords and some website registration information that should always be safe. As we all are well aware of that many hackers always trying to penetrate in your computer so its not safe to store your important keys and password into the system. I saved all my details on papers and laminate it and have 2 copies in different different place. So that if bymistake I lost one paper I can use the second one and to be safer side one should always do safe browsing and I used to keep my valued coins in Trezor wallet.

newbie-hero

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:47:46 AM

As for me. all my passwords I have them of my head, you will surprised and asked me how  Grin? Well I have a password pattern I use to create all my passwords so using the pattern, any site i visited, I already know the pattern i will use for my password. For private keys to my wallet, I store them on my email. but I use a pattern to alter the key. any time I want to use it, I will know how to re-arrange it to my original key. So even if a hacker gets access to my private key, it will useless to the person.

In your head? And what if something happens to your memory? Hope, sure, everything will be good but it seems to me you should write all the passwords and the keys on the paper and keep it in a safe.
AiwonOleh

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:49:33 AM

I also keep everything on my computer, but I made many different copies and placed them on different media for greater reliability and I think so I will save my passwords
gokhan17

Activity: 448
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:50:29 AM

I'm not doing anything special, I keep it on my computer in text documents.
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:17:20 AM

Hello. In my current practice of security way for my wallet address, keys, passwords, etc. I put it in different devices first is in notes apps in my two phone. Secondly, I have soft copy in my hard drive and lastly I draft it in my google and yahoomail in case I lost my phones or hard drive. This all was my advice for you Sir and I hope it help you with this but the most important thing is take care of your devices to be lost that’s the best way.
smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:23:49 AM

I keep my crypto information secured by saving it to several flash drives. I never stored them in my computer hard drive because the may be a chance that hackers may invade them. It is easier for hackers to access files from a hard drive which is always connected to the internet.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:53:09 AM

Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.
I highly suggest that you keep it on a organizer. Write it in a paper if you want to make sure that your private key is safe but make sure that you have to keep it safe or else you will lost everything you have. Buying a portable harddrive with encryption/password is also a good choice or buy a USB drive that has an encryption installed.

Danglen1010

Activity: 230
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:50:33 AM

I keep my cryptocurrency securely by providing a better barrier that no one can’t let it down to know what are the information they needed,
I always check if I’m still safe to not lose an investment because of the scammer and hacker in this business
redcandy

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:13:19 PM

This is also a very important issue for me. For myself, unfortunately, I have not found an answer to it at the moment. Because everything I keep can be lost or stolen. Even if you store information in multiple places.
capoklhok

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:53:09 AM

Cryptocurrency has a lot of fraud risks in the Online world, so there are many things we must do to secure and we must be very careful to keep our Wallet at our disposal. Instead we do one of the safest ways to handle and store important data on a Wallet which we have ...
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:08:04 AM

Perform encryption of information and make a backup copy of private keys. In case of reinstallation of the PC or occurrence of force majeure situations, this will help to quickly restore access to the wallet.
nemey

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:34:15 AM

What about putting it in the google drive? Is it secure? I do this thing to back up my important data.
Besides saving the data on my external hard disk. Sometimes, I feel also scared of losing those data.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:54:44 AM

You can keep your files in several ways. For instance, I chose to keep my records on whatsapp. I created a group to store all my information. As you know you can create a group with one person on whatsapp and later remove that person to remain only you in the group. Also, I do a daily backup to Google drive incase I lost my smartphone, I can easily retrieve it from there.
hung690

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:46:28 AM

Dear friend,
I think you should make bakup and save it at many places periodly, such as: email, another pc, cloud,... 
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:52:20 AM

For those seeking the safest form of storage, a cold wallet is the right way to open it.

Although this is not a complete solution, the risk can be minimized by following instructions and taking into account any possible situation.
Kratos2019

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:03:30 AM

Keeping and safely securing your crypto information is crucial matter, by for my own opinion choose company with a decentralized financial system, DDC will break up the oligopoly controlling traditional financial institutions. Rather than bouncing off of each other with pricing structures, financial institutions will now have to compete in the free market by reducing prices across the board. A decentralized financial system will ensure that smaller banks also have a chance to compete while returning big banks earnings to users and providers of the banking services. with DCC you can control your own crypto informations without any worries.

To learn more about DCC, you can visit their website at http://dcc.finance/ or follow them on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DccOfficial2018
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:08:36 AM

I always have the backup of the data both offline and online. It is actually important to always a double saving system for the data, not only the data of cryptocurrency and bitcointalk. I have so many data regarding the site, username, password and many more. Gdrive is my first choice and now I'm planning for the certain private website to store my data. Overall, never trust anyone to save our data.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:19:26 AM

Are you prying with my privacy? Is the very first question that comes in my mind when I read your query. Well explained anyway.  Everyone do have a problem on how to secure crypto informations securely especially if you have various wallets. I prefer to have a hard copy and a soft copy.
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:26:53 AM

Save on laptop and back up important files into Flash. If you are still a shortcoming and losing Flash then keep on google drive which of course can be accessed at any time. However, it certainly must remember email and password. but hopefully, the existing data and goods surrounding us remain safe from all kinds of theft of any kind.
fetokun

Activity: 210

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:02:44 AM

By keeping them offline. Keeping your information offline is the best way for you to protect your cryptos information from getting into the wrong hands. Don't write out your private key to be stored on somewhere that can be connected to the internet. Good old fashioned pen and paper should become your best friends. Write your information down and store them in a place that you are the only one who can get to them

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: