Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:52:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely?  (Read 2611 times)
jahepahit

Activity: 866
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:45:37 AM

because I very rarely or almost never trade so I don't have too many passwords and for that I just keep password in my mind and copy MEW private key that I've on disk

elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 04:25:46 AM

Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

Why not store it on a cloud server wherein, you are the only one who has the access over it? and if you lost your laptop, still there's a chance that you can recover your accounts again.

Ridwan.P

Activity: 411
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 05:05:09 AM

I save everything in 1 folder. all the data that I have is like an exchange site, wallet, and others. and I save it in the cloud. if something happens with my laptop, everything will be fine.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 05:27:58 AM

make the safest Google account, you have to do a complete verification, especially the mobile number
after that, save all usernames, passwords and also anything you consider important, including the private key into a notepad
then you enter the file.txt from Notepad into the .rar archive and protect it with a password
upload on your google account or maybe on icloud if you have one
cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 05:52:44 AM

Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

If you don't have a hardware wallet like Ledger or Trezor.
1. Encrypt the file that has your priv keys.
2. Store it in an encrypted USB like Sandisk. Use a different password.
3. Create a USB copy and store the other one in a safe location. Only 1 USB is used for daily access.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 07:25:47 PM

You should buy a flash drive dedicated only for storing sensitive information like your private keys and passwords. You need to back up your files in your laptop or smartphone every day as a precaution in case something unexpected happens.
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 12:59:53 AM

everything like passwords, private keys, and keystore I store in a folder on my PC (the only one using pc is me), so I'm not worried that it will be opened by someone else. and so far it is safe and nothing happens.
hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 02:27:54 AM

Well, I advise not to put your very crypto information in your laptop, maybe reserve one flashdrive to it, whenever anyone might access your laptop, still you have securely put all your accounts in a flash drive that you are the only one should access.
Nggedebus

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:11:13 AM

Well i store them in a safe place where not anyone can easly access. that way i can't really share where i kept that.
just for safety reason that i kept it in secret.
coingecko

Activity: 247
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 03:18:29 AM

Your Keys, Your Coin; Not your keys, not your coins.

In fact, today (Jan 3 2019), there's an exercise going on called the "Proof-of-Key day" exercise. Where for 1 day, every participant withdraws all their Bitcoins from every trading/custodial account into address(es) they personally hold.

You can read more about this on this well-written post on Medium (https://medium.com/@eljuangalt/proof-of-keys-intentional-crypto-bank-run-4-step-survival-guide-4422b7c0e0d8)

Track bitcoin holdings by public companies and bitcoin price on CoinGecko
lehnelora

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:23:39 AM

As with my private key and password, I store it in a document on my laptop. And to store this important data in documents that are not connected to the internet network. And until now I have never lost my tokens.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:33:49 AM

As with my private key and password, I store it in a document on my laptop. And to store this important data in documents that are not connected to the internet network. And until now I have never lost my tokens.

Same here.  Ive also done that but aside from laptop i also save another copy on my usb stick ( flashdrive ) and on my mobile phone as well . this is for extra security so that whatever happens to other devices , i wont worrry that much because i can still access my wallet  . 

it does not necesarily to turn off your internet because hackers cannot access our files pretty easy because of built in firewalls and anti malware installed on our devices  .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: