Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:28:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashcard.io a scam [Confirmed]  (Read 17570 times)
amichaines

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:50:27 PM

My concern is that there is no other post on the web mentioning this scam Ico.
As a result, they are making money and continue this way.
One of the main things is their level of english in the video (and their mails in passing).
I don’t think they have a high degree school background.
They just have a paper written, in front of their eyes and they read it during the video.
Look at the video showing the guy testing his card in Mcdo.
I thought it was an April fool.
Not professionnal at all. And he looks afraid and not confident at all. I can donthe same video more professional.
Some people will realize in a few days that they paid for nothing or just paid to offer a luxuous life to this team (who will disappear in Bahamas).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:03:03 PM

In that McD vid, to me it looks like sleight of hand, viz. the card you see at the beginning of the vid is not the one put into the machine, with what's depicted on the smartphone being nothing but a preloaded image.
samVE

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:03:31 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2018, 05:32:10 PM by samVE

If you still have any doubts, just watch their announcement video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8hE6Rc3L_U
They clearly have no clue what they are talking about, you can see clearly as they read the text. Clueless. Eh, we'll see tomorrow which rout they're taking with this. I have my popcorn ready.

EDIT:

Scratch that, I've found the best proof you possible to debunk their so-called 'live' cards: https://www.imageworksdirect.com/blog/new-mastercard-brand-requirements
All Mastercard and Debit Mastercard cards printed on or after July 4, 2017, must include the new Brand Mark.

Their cards still have the old logo, so either they already made the deal before July 4th last year and already started printing before then, or they just didn't do their research well enough. I think it's the latter  Wink
No way in hell Mastercard would have approved this graphic to be printed (which they most certainly need to give permission on before this can go into production), so these cards are just a printed piece of plastic.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:17:03 PM

If you still have any doubts, just watch their announcement video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8hE6Rc3L_U
They clearly have no clue what they are talking about, you can see clearly as they read the text. Clueless. Eh, we'll see tomorrow which rout they're taking with this. I have my popcorn ready.

EDIT:

Scratch that, I've found the best proof you possible to debunk their so-called 'live' cards: https://www.imageworksdirect.com/blog/new-mastercard-brand-requirements
All Mastercard and Debit Mastercard cards printed on or after July 4, 2017, must include the new Brand Mark.

Their cards still have the old logo, so either they already made the deal before July 4th last year and already started printing before then, or they just didn't do their research well enough. I think it's the latter  Wink
No way in hell Mastercard would have approved this graphic to be printed (which they most certainly need to give permission on before this can go into production), so these cards are just a printed piece of plastic.

Nice find, bud ...

https://www.imageworksdirect.com/blog/new-mastercard-brand-requirements

What are you doing this Fourth of July? Along with grilling out and watching fireworks, you’ll also need to make sure your financial marketing and communications materials meet the new Mastercard® Brand Mark Guidelines.

Mastercard has been featuring its new look (see logo above) and name format (Mastercard with a lowercase “c”) for some time. However, the company is starting to require use of their new brand requirements as of July 4, 2017.

At image.works, we have a team of copywriters, proofers and designers to help your financial institution meet the marketing and communications guidelines on projects we create for you. Please note the following information from Mastercard on the new requirements:

- All new marketing and communications materials published on or after July 4, 2017, must include the new Brand Mark.

- Your financial institution should update marketing and communications materials at the earliest opportunity in the normal course of business.

- Issuers may update their digital card imagery (for use in digital wallets) at any time. However, these images must be updated no later than the update of the companion card plastic.

- All new acceptance decals printed on or after July 4, 2017, must include the new Brand Marks.

- ATM Acquirers should update their Acceptance Marks at the earliest opportunity in the normal course of business.

- All Mastercard and Debit Mastercard card proofs submitted for review on or after July 4, 2017, must include the new Brand Mark.

- All Mastercard and Debit Mastercard cards printed on or after July 4, 2017, must include the new Brand Mark.

- Issuers do not need to reissue cards already issued.

- Card manufacturers may continue using card plastics already in inventory until the stock is depleted.
Note: An updated Card Design Standards Manual is also available on Mastercard Connect > Library > Publications > Card Design.

How should you use the Mastercard name in text?

Below is an excerpt from the Mastercard Brand Mark Guidelines:

Lettercase

When referencing the Mastercard name in text, use an uppercase “M” and lowercase “c” with no space between “Master” and “card.” The name should not appear with a capital “C.” The Mastercard name should appear in the same font as its surrounding text.

Registered trademark symbol (®)

In the first or most prominent text use of Mastercard on a page or screen (after use, if any, in a headline), the ® symbol is required. In subsequent use on that page or screen, the ® symbol may be omitted.

Read-through

The Mark may be used as a read-through in a headline, but may not be used as a read-through in the body of a communication. When used in text, it should be set in the same typeface as the surrounding text.

Trademark attribution notice

When the Mastercard name and/or Mark is used, the following trademark attribution notice (in a very small type size) should be included once in the communication: “Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.”

Note: On digital communications and small-size marketing communications, the above trademark attribution notice is not required.

https://twitter.com/hashcard/status/992096966459850752

https://medium.com/@sm_46693/hashcard-cfo-pawel-goch-just-as-with-mastercard-issued-plastic-card-fc869d2ca856

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XEMbEv2VI5mxN6fIEtoJifhJRAFNTqgh5LS_iV7XaMh2ddNSR9uk7lD6HpfWwo-SZg=w720-h310

i wanted to see a. actual card or an example card for us to see the full specification.. but the admin send me this

are they serious? it's a digital art.

and another thing is why do they keep covering the smart chip of that card?

It is normal to cover the card number because its the important part of a card but the smart chip? can someone explain that to me. i read some info about smart chip. "These tiny metal processors make cards more secure than traditional magnetic-stripe-only cards" how will I magnetize that thing on that picture. How will i get that specific frequency and hack your account by looking in that pic. Correct me if im wrong, im lack of knowledge about cards...

very suspicious..

"HashCard, you have some 'splainin' to do!"

As for all them Investards who fell for this ruse ...

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 05:37:26 PM

So do you think it make sense? you think it's legit because of bancor posted about hashcard. So here's a case,
If you think that DT or High rank members here can be paid by some projects to promote well think about exchanges or rating sites too  Wink Cheesy Goodluck! enjoy exploring crypto my friend.

I don't wanna be one of those sheeps just coz of a hunch without any " silly " proof about being a scam, based almost on nothing, but " hey " my proof is that all other crypto cards ICOs have no cards (or banned already), so Hashcard is scam " lol, what a great logic is that.

Well, you can read more here; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3365068.0 (ohhh edited: i thought it's the other thread.)
There are statements that are logically right and it can be a proof to state that hashcard is a scam. Does observing makes a statements silly? definitely no, that's why we're trying to make things clear as soon as possible because there are many people are being scam now if it's not legit.

legitimacy is important on every project. All of the proofs they given to me/us are not qualified for the legitimacy of the project, even the demo. I think that demo is the only thing they're trying to hold on where people get easily caught even though it's a baby trick.

Also OP missed the part where the team is REAL & SHOWING their faces (pictures + videos + profile...), i'm sure if they turn into a scam they'll risk going to jail + ruining their reputations for life.

Well you're very wrong with that 'cause it's nothing even you go to jail, why?? Because you're rich with a money of
9M$

You can pay fine or wait until many years then you still have the money right?
I know people who created an investment scam and then go to jail, after 2-3 days he's out and goin' party now.
BTCIV

Activity: 126
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:31:15 PM

Well i guess it's time to see. I invested a little in this at the start, i am in the first 100 investors and today i received this:

Dear -My Name-

The day we have been waiting is finally here. Your temporary Hash Card has been shipped.

Once you get the card, please download Hash Card Wallet and add the card. The PIN will be shown on the screen right after the activation. You can't change the PIN for the temporary card!

How to Fund Your Card:

You will see a list of available coins that can be used as a funding method. We are limiting to BTC and ETH until the end of the ICO (June 12th) for testing purposes.

Simply send the desired amount to the wallet (BTC/ETH) and set the debit priority.

Questions/Problems:

As you may already know the Hash Card is pure innovation in the world of crypto, we do expect bugs, declined transactions and other things we all hate. We would like to apologize in advance for any bad experience. Ticket Support will be available starting May 18th. Report any problem you encounter!

Thank you for your business!

Best Regards
Hash Card Team
samVE

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:53:59 PM

Let us know how it works out for you! (and maybe send us a pic of your card if you're willing to do that)
Zapo
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 156

Stay Dangerous!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:28:39 PM

Well i guess it's time to see. I invested a little in this at the start, i am in the first 100 investors and today i received this:

Dear -My Name-

The day we have been waiting is finally here. Your temporary Hash Card has been shipped.

Once you get the card, please download Hash Card Wallet and add the card. The PIN will be shown on the screen right after the activation. You can't change the PIN for the temporary card!

How to Fund Your Card:

You will see a list of available coins that can be used as a funding method. We are limiting to BTC and ETH until the end of the ICO (June 12th) for testing purposes.

Simply send the desired amount to the wallet (BTC/ETH) and set the debit priority.

Questions/Problems:

As you may already know the Hash Card is pure innovation in the world of crypto, we do expect bugs, declined transactions and other things we all hate. We would like to apologize in advance for any bad experience. Ticket Support will be available starting May 18th. Report any problem you encounter!

Thank you for your business!

Best Regards
Hash Card Team

What's the estimated shipping time for these? Do you have access to the private key on the card? Maybe they want investors to fund their card and they'll run with even more money.

lazyLAG

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 12:39:34 AM

In terms of probability and data analysis you will find that failure is sure. To add more i even emailed 2 days back to ABLV bank to esquire if any karol-kozlowski from Poland worked there as credit card manager and their reply was negative.

where is data analysis, where is email? Fucking lier
lazyLAG

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 12:52:02 AM

man i don't invest something feal fishy but don't have proof neither one of you have
amichaines

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:16:04 AM

How do you attach some pictures in a message ?
I would like to share with you a few things and show how they are not professionnal at all.
it’s just a team of nothing from nowhere.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 05:32:45 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 02:25:55 PM by finaleshot2016

don't have proof neither one of you have
where is data analysis, where is email? Fucking lier

Even he posted the email conversation between pinkman and ABLV we can stated it as a fake~ So we need formal letters from ABLV bank before releasing a proof that can wipe out the project~ So here we are, observing and making stuffs that can prove hashcard as a scam since on the first day of it's project it makes us suspecting them.  Cheesy

Are you really reading stuffs? maybe you should study more about the process on making projects and have more experiences on gathering outcomes of failed ICOs~ we stated the possibilities that hashcard CAN be a scam, all of that possibilities can might be 70-80% sure since there are proofs and basis on what we're trying to prove. If you saw the demo, it'll explain a lot for you Smiley if you see the introduction, that is literally trash, making a millions of money and a introduction where you are reading stuffs behind the camera well~ you know that hashcard is very ambitious project (many people said that and all of them have many experiences in crypto) so now isn't it suspicious?   Cry

Well, after all observation does exist,,, but ye, maybe it'll have a successful ICO and HSHC will exist and listed on exchanges but the card? well who knows  Huh~ that's what we're pointing here. That magical card that can buy on mcdonalds~  Grin

It's really obvious that they're just using the card to earn huge money in ICO~ it makes sense right?  Tongue Tongue
We all know that having a best ICO is because of having a good platform and project right? ~ then what if you have a successful ICO but the platform sucks? ~

How do you attach some pictures in a message ?
I would like to share with you a few things and show how they are not professionnal at all.
it’s just a team of nothing from nowhere.

Code:
[img] https://i.imgur.com/o5HSbLY.png [/img]

You need the url that has .png~ to get that, right click the photo you uploaded on imgur then click open link in new tab~

amichaines

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:50:30 PM

Hey I received the card.
I tested in Burger king this time.
and believe it or not but it gives me a free burger + a small fingee in my ass.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 05:07:13 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 05:47:17 PM by finaleshot2016
Merited by Meraki (1)

I think Hashcard is good at rephrasing ToS Grin

Well i manage to find this things while reading their terms of use~
There are a little bit difference between the two but if you feel that they just copy this from Simplex and rephrase it then we're on the same side~
and yeah, it's very obvious..

HashCard ToS --> https://www.hashcard.io/pages/TermsAndConditions/   Last Revised: March 5, 2018

----------------------------------------------------Well, its very easy to rephrase things or use a google, looking for a good synonyms on this words~
 As you can see, in the part of " In the event that it comes to our knowledge that a person under the age of blahblahblah...."

W Roll Eyes W SIMPLEX AND HASHCARD HAS A SIMILAR MINDS THO. Do you think it's coincidence? In the whole english vocabulary, they just ended up using similar words!  Cheesy Isn't it amazing?  Grin being sarcastic
----------------------------------------------------------

Simplex ToS --> https://www.simplex.com/terms-of-use/ Last Revised: January 16th, 2018

Lmao, I'm done...
, I'm done making them so mdfk famous~ Hail HashCard!

UPDATED as of 5:42:37 PM

HashCard ToS --> https://www.hashcard.io/pages/TermsAndConditions/   Last Revised: March 5, 2018

VDroom ToS --> https://www.simplex.com/terms-of-use/ Last Revised: July 27, 2017

ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:43:42 PM

@finaleshot2016 sorry to tell you this, but have you been Re-Reading your OP & posts after that lol. There is no single post you made (including your OP) with one single Good Proof about them being scam except your personal speculations or " hopes ".

Already sent the first batch, people in Europe expected to get it in couple days max.
I just hope you don't delete this thread that proves you know nothing about how an ICO is scam or have Red Flags coz so far you gave us 0 PROOF.

Still waiting for Good Proofs about them being a scam besides your " hopes " & non sense talk with long quotes & useless talk.
amichaines

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:20:59 PM

My answer is for Ansi.
it seems you support this project. Maybe you are member of this team.
anyway, my question to you :
Have you already heard about a company having an idea of « business », and launching all the processes around  in less than 5 months (getting an approval for Mastercard/partner at the same time)?
no ? that’s normal it’s just impossible and not realistic.
Secondly a company who admits a « bug » in their system to claim the tokens and invit you to deposit more money on their website to fix the problem, how do you call that ?? professionnal? scammer ?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:41:49 PM

@finaleshot2016 sorry to tell you this, but have you been Re-Reading your OP & posts after that lol. There is no single post you made (including your OP) with one single Good Proof about them being scam except your personal speculations or " hopes ".

Already sent the first batch, people in Europe expected to get it in couple days max.
I just hope you don't delete this thread that proves you know nothing about how an ICO is scam or have Red Flags coz so far you gave us 0 PROOF.

Still waiting for Good Proofs about them being a scam besides your " hopes " & non sense talk with long quotes & useless talk.

Here's the proof that HashCard is a scam --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3365068.msg37290952#msg37290952
amichaines

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:51:41 PM

I think it becomes useless to comment more.
proof will arrive naturally.
Some people invested and read this topic, hoping it’s not a scam (Like Ansis).
But unfortunately it is.
Me the first, I invested to check what’s going on and have access to the official emails.
Honestly it’s very bad to read their emails : a lot of mistakes, typing errors and so on.
just a shame.
Some scams give more illusions. But this one, no doubt at all.
BTW I contacted Mercenary to ask if their note about it was true. Guess the next.
Ansis, if you bought some tokens, you probably received their email mentioning this « awesome » event.
Is it normal they mention they have an approval from Mercery instead of Mercenary in their mail ? Serioulsy.
I get the feeling we have to face 2 kidds playing on a court.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:36:07 AM

Tell Team HashCard that they're fuckin up and their response is ...

https://twitter.com/hashcard/status/996773271570821120

Team HC: Our Photoshop due is on holiday on some beach sippin' drinks adorned with fancy umbrellas, thus we're still using images with the unsanctioned MC trademark.

Meanwhile, the vids are pouring in depicting the HC card in real world use --> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22HashCard%22&sp=EgIIAg%253D%253D.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:28:51 AM

I dont quite understand why you're trying hard to protect hashcard, there is a solid proof given above by Gleb, all mastercard shall use the new logo as of july 4, 2017. What date is today, it is 2018 but still hashcard is using the old logo suspicious right? maybe they dont even included in the master's list of mastercard or they just use it for their own accord.

Maybe someone try to contact mastercard and ask about Hashcard, if go to proper process in joining mastercard.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: