Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:12:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do after being hacked?  (Read 910 times)
mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:16:08 AM

Hi,

I see a lot of people being hacked or lost money.
I know a transaction is final but can you track them to a exchange?
So you can call the exchange and ask them to hold the wallet or something?

Or can you track them another way?

I hope there will be a good solution for this in crypto.
That would be good if what you said can really be done, but sadly i don't think it's possible right now.
And that can takes so much time and effort to keep on looking or tracking the coins that are taken from our wallet all the time.
namlong

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:28:51 AM

My wallet also hacked by anonymous person. I do not have ideas why I got hacked my wallet with no reasons. I learned a lot of this problem. I so guilty of what coins they got because it is the important to me.I avoid phishing sites and more. I do another wallet and transferred all my coins so that to avoid to get it again.
The safest option is to buy a hardware wallet, it gives increased security and your coins will be safe. Think about these options, so you can not worry about their investments.

jardine

Activity: 679
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:36:31 PM

I got hacked once and lost some of my coins by downloading wallet of new scam coin and mine it.
These my wallets, which is have no password on it, was empted.

So, i learned the lesson, and bought old mac notebook for all the wallets.
Install Team Viewer and go to my farms through this program.

Planning buy hardware wallet in the future.

BITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ●  DISCORD
  SEDO POW TOKEN    DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BASED  ON BLOCKCHAIN
Welckomtome

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:37:43 PM

Hi,

I see a lot of people being hacked or lost money.
I know a transaction is final but can you track them to a exchange?
So you can call the exchange and ask them to hold the wallet or something?

Or can you track them another way?

I hope there will be a good solution for this in crypto.
i thini taht the first that ylu haveto do is stop panic and you need to understand that ypu are not the only one here 8n this situation
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:39:07 PM

I got hacked once and lost some of my coins by downloading wallet of new scam coin and mine it.

in my opinion you will find taht this situation is not the end of the wordl and you need to make a plan how to recover sooner
jardine

Activity: 679

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:06:36 PM

in my opinion you will find taht this situation is not the end of the wordl and you need to make a plan how to recover sooner

Iw was not done a much damage to me, luckily. Stolen coins was a near-scam project and have a 1-5 satoshi price on exchange.
Total loss was about 130$, which is ok for a security lesson.

BITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ●  DISCORD
  SEDO POW TOKEN    DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BASED  ON BLOCKCHAIN
nianastasia62

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:48:58 PM

If you hacked I do not think that the person who did this will keep the money on this exchange, he is likely to wash them through a different crypto currency and this is the end. Use cold wallets !

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:56:53 PM

i dont think you can do anything. since blockchain is totally decentralized and not under any regulation, it is impossible to get your money back after transaction is completed.
Maamejane

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:01:40 PM

Well you might track them but you can wit-hold any transaction they do. That why here is the need for you to safeguard your wallet with all means or else when hacked all you could do is to get a new one.

sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:31:02 AM

Create a new wallet. Recovery hacked, cryptocurrency wallet, impossible! Go to the wallet only through bookmarks.
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:45:09 AM

the track is not easy. The exchange will not want to know that someone hacking problems and will not want to shut down or hold their wallets. to look for to know is how can hackers enter and deplete ours and it should know to avoid. a lot has happened in this case hacking and could not be restored.
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 06:21:36 AM

the track is not easy. The exchange will not want to know that someone hacking problems and will not want to shut down or hold their wallets. to look for to know is how can hackers enter and deplete ours and it should know to avoid. a lot has happened in this case hacking and could not be restored.

If your wallet hacked by someone and stole your assets, (one thing) do not expect that your assets will be back and get to know the hacker. After being hacked the best thing to do is move on and make sure that it will not happen again.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:44:23 AM

You can try to track the coin till it reaches an exchange. But most likely the exchange will not entertain such request due to several reasons. Firstly, it will take time and effort to prove that the hacked wallet belong to you. Another reason will be if the exchange entertains such requests, there will be numerous requests daily.
Utuhikan

Activity: 630
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:03:38 AM

Crypto currency is a means of payment that is decentralized so that the control of currencies is in ourselves. In my opinion, it is very difficult to track hackers who have taken our rights. In fact, we cannot call on exchanges because it could be that our coins that are hacked are not directly traded. Until now I have not found a good and wise solution to this problem. I only hope that there are insurance companies that offer services for crypto currencies so that when our coins are hacked then we can get exchange from the insurance company. I hope my hopes can be realized someday.

▔▔▔▔▔
dicaprio

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:08:24 AM

I think that there is nothing like how to imagine that you were robbed on the street, what will you do next? I think that you will shout about it and say that all the same it is not correct, but as a result you will not be able to return the money and in the future you will be much more attentive.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 07:11:29 AM

The best option to avoid being hacked is to be proactive against hackers. And to me thus means buying a hardware wallet.

Personally, I got a Ledger Nano S and since then I'm not afraid anymore that one day I will open ny wallet and all my coins might not be there. 

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:25:09 PM

That's thoughtful of you, but for now it's sad to know that there is no solution after hack. Once tokens are moved, that's final. Since we are talking decentralisation, you can't even report a wallet. Tracking will be a waste of time too. Let's pray for a remedy with time. Once again, nice post.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
karsy

Activity: 383

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:35:25 PM

If you have been hacked, you need to change wallet, changing password isn't enough. Also it is better to start working from the another device. It's better to use another Wifi which you didn't use yeat

CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:55:38 PM

The money you have no way to return. The only thing you can do after hacking it is to conclude from the mistakes that you made and because of which, you and hacked.

MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:55:59 PM

There are so many things you guys need to do after being hacked..
1. Reinstall window to make sure that your PC clean
2. Buy a good antivirus software
3. Change wallet
4. Buy a coldstorage wallet
5. Never let anyone know anything about your wallet although they're your family members Smiley.

Beside, never believe in anything sound like easy money or click in any link before checking.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: