Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:49:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do after being hacked?  (Read 910 times)
xamil

Activity: 354
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:21:45 AM

I also hope that there are another way to get the token back so that all who is a victim of a hacker will get what is the reward that they hold in a long period of time. Waiting for the reward is not easy and after all your sacrifice to have it will disappear in a few minutes because of the hackers,I hope it will be a lesson for those who are a victim that think before they click.
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:35:15 AM

sometimes in life we learn the things the hard way
accept what happened
prepare counter measures for the future and never make that kind of mistake
i was also hacked once but the amount was less
never made that kinda mistake again
demonic098

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

Ximply for president!!!

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:20:43 AM

Hi,

I see a lot of people being hacked or lost money.
I know a transaction is final but can you track them to a exchange?
So you can call the exchange and ask them to hold the wallet or something?

Or can you track them another way?

I hope there will be a good solution for this in crypto.
I just cry and move on learn from my mistake and never do it again. But if the exchange is the one that got hacked and not me. I'll figure it out Wink

Buy me a drink ETH: 0xED47aFa721e4228Bf19434aDDB1B79E740822540
fransupran

Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:33:04 AM

I have been a victim of hacking and lost some of my coins, I am confused what to do. After that I told all the ico managers that I followed the bounty campaign program that my wallet had been hacked and asked him to change my payment wallet. there are some who want to change it, but there are also some that do not change it.
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 09:42:01 AM

You can track them in some ways but no other way to get it back. It happen to me before. As much I want to take revenge, I can't do it since I believe it was partially my fault. What can we do is just to move on and make sure it won't happen again. Being cautious is a must.

Yes, I think the best you can do about the hacked wallet is to track it. Just track it. You won't own it again. Because it is your/our fault if you/we let them hack our wallets. So, reflect on your mistakes and learn from it. Secure your wallets more, use hardware wallets if possible. Being scared to transact with other people is also a good thing, since it makes you cautious on every move you make.
raddish

Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:49:47 AM

Hi,

I don't think there will be any way to cancel or hold, for example people using metamask like me once you tap on the submit button the transaction will be valid you will not be able to cancel if you find you key in wrong address or watever error. The only thing you can do is let it be a lesson to you and be more careful in the future try to copy and paste whenever possible is a good practice. Look on the bright side this error can shape us to be a more meticulous person.
langaw2018
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:20:57 AM

Hi,

For me, the best way is to ensure safety is to be always precaution on things you've do. I've been using wallet online but so far I didn't even fall on a scam before. I agree that hardwallet is safe to store some coins and tokens but storing it online would also be safe as long as you know how to handle a good security. Install some key safe app and software and you'll good to go.
viktoriya1945

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:07:56 AM

Hi,

It is unlikely that the exchange will block someone's account because of the usual phone call , this will require an official request from the police, so it is hardly possible to have time to do anything.
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:13:45 AM

Hi,

I have never experienced a case like you said, maybe this could be a reflection for all of us to be more vigilant. so far the most planned exchange of hacking is ethedelta.
DominickA86

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:21:36 AM

The only thing you can do is to move forward. I think there is no way to detect the hacker. But if you mention that you have been hacked, try to restore your wallet with the seed phrase and to change you password asap.
Ulya63

Activity: 420
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:26:57 AM

Hackers are smart people, they all thought out in advance so that you could not catch them. Even when major thefts from top exchanges happen, no one can catch anyone. If, however, there was an attack on the network itself, then some kind of coin, then the developers could roll back the entire blockchain so that it was as before. It was also done with ethereum when and then it happened that his fork was because there were some against this intervention.
TpoJIb

Merit: 13

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

This is the anonymity of the transactions that they can not be traced otherwise it would not be so claimed because anonymity means that no one will ever know anything.

HauntOne

Activity: 177
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:22:09 PM

Alas, but to do something in order to get your money back is not likely to succeed. That would not be the objective of hackers attacks you need to prepare in advance

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:34:00 PM

I was in a similar situation, my wallet was hacked. It served as a lesson for me to be more attentive.
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:27:35 AM

compromised assets that would be hard to get back and can even track. When it does can be found is not necessarily also will be back. the Exchange also certainly won't want to switch what is lost because it is not their responsibility. lessons and things to do is try my best not to do things that are dangerous or carelessly on owned assets.
frchowe214

Activity: 402

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:32:40 AM

This is the disadvantage of having digital online wallets, they can never be made 100% safe. Major assets should be kept in cold storage or hardware wallets. Just keep trading assets online

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 07:33:50 AM

I didn't heard occasions when somebody returned his money back or tracked it in blockchain. If you now some professional hackers ask them!

babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:35:22 AM

Hi,

- yes you can still track them through TXID that what I know about it.

- Perhaps, the exchange can't able to do that anymore once the transaction was being held.

- Yes we can track them in another way, but only in that way tracking it but never get it back to your wallet.

- There's no solution for this once you are being hack by somebody, the only things we can do is
learn from our mistakes and be careful next time.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:40:55 AM

The first you should do is to secureyour funds and other wallet you have, move out your funds from the hacked wallet if you still have any left and open another wallet on another device. Change your password, see, and any otger sensitive  information!
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:49:21 AM

My wallet also hacked by anonymous person. I do not have ideas why I got hacked my wallet with no reasons. I learned a lot of this problem. I so guilty of what coins they got because it is the important to me.I avoid phishing sites and more. I do another wallet and transferred all my coins so that to avoid to get it again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: