Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:55:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do after being hacked?  (Read 910 times)
ajeef

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:13:59 AM

Yes unfortunately there is nothing you can do to get that money back, this is the bad side of this crypto world. The police will only get involved if the whole exchange/platform has been hacked...
rockybar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:19:00 AM

if ever you been hack you must change your password especially on your email. its better to change a quality one password that has a numeric alphanumeric and special characters is better. create also a new wallet and keep your private key that no one knows. and lastly practice safe browsing. do not go to an malicious sites and download something. thats for your own safety also.
hardtargetbtc002018

Activity: 173
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:25:59 AM

if ever you been hack you must change your password especially on your email. its better to change a quality one password that has a numeric alphanumeric and special characters is better. create also a new wallet and keep your private key that no one knows. and lastly practice safe browsing. do not go to an malicious sites and download something. thats for your own safety also.

the only thing to do is to be careful next and ensure to keep safe all those important keys like private keys because it's hard to trace transaction once hacked and no assurance if we can recover back the hacked amount.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:29:03 AM

Hi,

I see a lot of people being hacked or lost money.
I know a transaction is final but can you track them to a exchange?
So you can call the exchange and ask them to hold the wallet or something?

Or can you track them another way?

I hope there will be a good solution for this in crypto.
for your safety pal you must choose wallets that has 2FA so that no one can manage your account even though its hacked 'cause only the owner who owned the authenticator code can use it or manage it , that is advantage being have a 2fa actually., which is even though your password and email is hacked no one still can control your account.  
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:37:22 AM

You can track but that's will be it, there's nothing you can do, you can't asked the exchanges to freeze somebody account, and there are no law in crypto, so once you got hacked then that's it, just accepted it and then move on with your life, next time find a better wallet to secure your coin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:05:33 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 04:40:24 PM by Haunebu

Hi,

for your safety pal you must choose wallets that has 2FA so that no one can manage your account even though its hacked 'cause only the owner who owned the authenticator code can use it or manage it , that is advantage being have a 2fa actually., which is even though your password and email is hacked no one still can control your account.  
I agree. 2fa is truly a lifesaver and is easily one of the best security features in recent times. Honestly, hackers will try hacking anyone for the heck of it without caring much about others since it is like a regular job to them and nothing else. It is up to us to secure our coins and tokens in different ways like using hardware wallets, securing private key, avoiding fishy wallet downloads, enabling 2fa etc. If you have already been hacked, just keep moving forward because your funds are as good as gone. This is the harsh truth, but there is nothing much anyone can do in such a situation.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Sumartini

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:39:09 AM

you can track where your token/money go but cannot do anything to get back to it. thats the big problem for using wallet which still not has solution until now. we can just improve our security by using metamask, etc.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:46:47 AM

I think it's a good idea, but in my experience it's useless. because I can not find out more with the hacker's exchange address.
I have experienced hacking cases (due to my carelessness) after I searched each address and ended up in exchange. and that's the problem even we can never know the exchange that the hacker uses.

jennerpower

Activity: 255
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:56:11 AM

Obviously, you can start all over again. Sorry for your loss sir but this is a big lesson for all the people in the world of cryptocurrency. We must be responsible for our confidential information such as private keys, passwords and anything that could provide access to certain accounts. Once we are hacked and our funds are being stolen we are lucky if it has security system that can block any access to the account without the permission like 2FA, email verification or password but some of it doesn't have. If our wallet was hacked we can track the process by the txhash or transaction hash where you can see all the information of both the receiver and sender and once it is approved to be sent we have nothing to do with it not like social media account or ICO website account that has recovery options.

Renu kapoor

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 12:09:08 PM

Nothing is there only to worry and sit just holding your head it is only our fault that we do not make our valet secure and full proof against hacked or to be lost our coins in system that is another way of hacking so i think security of valet is the only solution so be sure about it.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
waichi

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:11:31 PM

You can track them in some ways but no other way to get it back. It happen to me before. As much I want to take revenge, I can't do it since I believe it was partially my fault. What can we do is just to move on and make sure it won't happen again. Being cautious is a must.

That's right. You cannot do anything about it. Because it is irreversible and immutable. The only thing you can do is protect your own. As much as possible, put 2FA in your account so that it is more secure. And always have your private keys safe.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
coupable

Activity: 2380
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:17:56 PM

Obviously starting again from zero or from what hacker left for you; the good fact in you should denonce the method of hack attempt in every possible social media crypto-oriented and to try tracking the address received your funds (great possibility to find it when search the web if the hacker is a noob) that in general hackers can't succeed if you don't make mistakes. Finally, warn everybody about what happened with you that others may take caution besides some habits they used to do. The bitcoin forum may provide a lot of help. Be careful !!
chenczane

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:21:02 PM

Hi,

In my previous case, I can see wallet address where my coins was transferred. I am using MEW that time and I got my bounty reward. So, when the bounty reward entered my wallet, it was immediately transferred to another mew address. For that, I cannot track who it is or even in the market. When you got hacked in crypto, it is like saying goodbye.
smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:25:48 PM

I also hope that we can do something if ever our account is hacked. We are spending so much of our time in cryptocurrency. It's almost everyday that we check the status of our investment. Then suddenly it will just disappear. I wish there's some form of strict security that we can lean on.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
dnxfgjhk

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:35:33 PM

I think it is very difficult to recover the loss after being attacked by a hacker. I think what you need to do is to make good defensive measures to prevent the next hacker attack, and to ensure the security is necessary.
raudisomiya

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:38:30 PM

You can create a new account and try to write to the administrator with the request to return access to the account and explain the reasons why your account has been blocked  a lot of people do that.
kanmo

Activity: 458

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:46:04 PM

Its easy to track where your fund was transferred to on the blockchain but its not possible to get it back because transactions can never be reversed. Once the fund has been transferred to the hacker account then its difficult to get the fund back.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 12:52:01 PM

Take yourself in hand, do not have to grieve and move on, as robbers wish you success,because the karma is in any case will come to avenge you and the other disgruntled users. Now it is almost impossible to return the stolen, but I hope in the near future there will be such an opportunity for all.
hotBriX001

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 01:18:38 PM

You can track them in some ways but no other way to get it back. It happen to me before. As much I want to take revenge, I can't do it since I believe it was partially my fault. What can we do is just to move on and make sure it won't happen again. Being cautious is a must.

This is very painful situation in this crypto currency online business. But we will not get stop on this because it is a matter of learning of what went wrong that we get hacked. So we must be vigilant always inorder to avoid to happened it again. Just move on and be more intelligent in this crypto business.

▬▬ ● ● Destream Fine Ecosystem for STREAMERS ● ● ▬▬
▬▬ ● ● STREAMER'S FINANCIAL ECOSYSTEM ● ● ▬▬
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:50:41 PM

You cannot do anything. even if you managed to find the exchange address of hacker, you cannot just ask the information about hackers profile to exchange staff.
it could be just any peoples who wants to steal the identity data of peoples on exchange.
what you can do is learning what can you do to prevent his happening again.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: