Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:33:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you tried setting up a Masternode?
Yes, everything went great.
I tried, but I had trouble.
No, but I'm interested.
No. I'm not interested.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you tried setting up a Masternode?  (Read 1850 times)
adamgilbert912 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 12:59:50 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2018, 05:27:52 PM by adamgilbert912

Curious to know people's past experiences or non-experiences with Masternodes.

The Setupmasternodes.com team is excited to teach those who are interested in how to set up a masternode!

They'll provide you with one-on-one support over the phone or through messaging until your MN is up and running!

They now provide Masternode Hosting as well!

Official Thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738.0
Official Telegram >>> t.me/setupmasternodes

Need help setting up your Masternode? Having Trouble?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FrankWatsonJr

Activity: 269
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 04:10:53 AM

I think people just need the right directions for a masternode with someone knowledgeable
deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:04:14 AM

No, but surely, I am interested. Some of my coins (and tokens to be swapped in to a coin) has that feature, but because of I am just a baby in this crypto, still want to know more. Do you have any particular reference about masternode?
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:15:48 AM

no and i used to be interested in it but with some calculations i figured that the risks are way too high for me to want to consider doing something like that. i prefer investing my money in trading and making a lot more profit with a lot less risk instead.

the risks is with the highly volatile market of altcoins. most of them will drop hard and that means investing a large amount of money in a master node can potentially lead to a huge loss. and i can't just shut down my master node at any time i want and turn it on again later, in trading i can dump at any moment and buy back at any moment that i like and see fit based on the market movement.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
FrankWatsonJr

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 08:13:30 AM

No, but surely, I am interested. Some of my coins (and tokens to be swapped in to a coin) has that feature, but because of I am just a baby in this crypto, still want to know more. Do you have any particular reference about masternode?

which are you interested in so far?

what references are you searching for?
adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 07:03:51 PM

no and i used to be interested in it but with some calculations i figured that the risks are way too high for me to want to consider doing something like that. i prefer investing my money in trading and making a lot more profit with a lot less risk instead.

the risks is with the highly volatile market of altcoins. most of them will drop hard and that means investing a large amount of money in a master node can potentially lead to a huge loss. and i can't just shut down my master node at any time i want and turn it on again later, in trading i can dump at any moment and buy back at any moment that i like and see fit based on the market movement.

It doesn't take long to unlock your coins. What MN coins have you looked into?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
Xelpherpolis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:22:39 PM

I would be interested to know more about this. Any knowledgeable people? What investments are needed to start?
adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 08:16:46 PM

I would be interested to know more about this. Any knowledgeable people? What investments are needed to start?

That's great! I've set up masternodes myself in the past.

There's really only two investments you need to make:

1. Buying the amount of coins required to set up a coin's Masternode.
2. Pay the monthly fee for a VPS (It's not much. Only $5 per month).

Here's a great website with a list of Masternode coins that you can look into >>> masternodes.online

Lastly, if you need help setting it up, there's two options you can take:

1. Ask around a coin's community for help.
2. There's a service called Setup Masternodes that provides 1-on-1 support over the phone or through messaging until your MN is set up. They get it done in as little as 1 hour.

Here's a link to their Bitcointalk thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738.0

I wish the best of luck to you in the process! Feel free to ask more questions.

FrankWatsonJr

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 09:24:48 PM

These types of resources are really helpful for the masternode community. Thank you for sharing.

I am glad you've had your own masternode setup too. It isn't too bad after all. However, most people get stuck and do not know where to get started

That's great! I've set up masternodes myself in the past.

There's really only two investments you need to make:

1. Buying the amount of coins required to set up a coin's Masternode.
2. Pay the monthly fee for a VPS (It's not much. Only $5 per month).

Here's a great website with a list of Masternode coins that you can look into >>> masternodes.online

Lastly, if you need help setting it up, there's two options you can take:

1. Ask around a coin's community for help.
2. There's a service called Setup Masternodes that provides 1-on-1 support over the phone or through messaging until your MN is set up. They get it done in as little as 1 hour.

Here's a link to their Bitcointalk thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738.0

I wish the best of luck to you in the process! Feel free to ask more questions.
adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 03:28:53 AM

These types of resources are really helpful for the masternode community. Thank you for sharing.

I am glad you've had your own masternode setup too. It isn't too bad after all. However, most people get stuck and do not know where to get started

Yeah it sure can be tough! It was totally worth setting one up in the end though.

Kang TB

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

Revolutionizing Reward Points

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:39:05 AM

personally i like to invest and trade masternodes cryptocurrency
but did not tried to setting up a masternodes,
because in my opinion trading is more profitable then setting up a masternodes mate

SHREW
     ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                
DISCOUNTED
PRE-SALE
LIVE NOW !
      ████
  ███
 ███
 ███
███
███
███
███
 ███
 ███
  ███
   ████
   Revolutionizing
         Reward Points  
████
  ███
   ███
   ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
   ███
   ███
  ███
████
       ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                

BUY SHREW

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:50:44 AM

I'm all going to do it, but I'll have to put the master on the Rapsberry, and there's no purse for this system.

And as I read on one master, I need a separate IP address and do not start a few pieces(

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 04:07:09 AM

personally i like to invest and trade masternodes cryptocurrency
but did not tried to setting up a masternodes,
because in my opinion trading is more profitable then setting up a masternodes mate

How come?

FrankWatsonJr

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 04:13:50 AM

I'm all going to do it, but I'll have to put the master on the Rapsberry, and there's no purse for this system.

And as I read on one master, I need a separate IP address and do not start a few pieces(

I really like the Raspberry Pi idea to run a masternode. Do you have any reservations as to why you will not host a VPS?
haidangtp

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:13:59 AM

Fortunately my first Masternode setup did not have much trouble. I got the help of a development team and a friend of mine. Very fast and smooth.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:31:11 AM

It doesn't take long to unlock your coins. What MN coins have you looked into?

it is not about the time it takes to unlock your coins. it might as well be an instant (which is not) and still doesn't change the fact that it is a risky thing. it is about all the lost opportunities and all the lost profit that i could have made if i hadn't done that.

you waste a lot of time setting up a master node, then waste a lot of time locking your money in something that falls down hard.
meanwhile others are jumping from altcoin to altcoin that is getting pumped every day and make at least 100% profit every day with each pump. what are you doing? you have your money locked up!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
pootutus

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:34:26 AM

A few years ago I had an opportunity to build a DASH main node, with only 1000 coins and DASH at $1. I'm sorry I didn't go, and now the price of DASH has reached $500. So I think if we have the chance to make a master node, we must do it at once.
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:38:57 AM

a lot off people regret not buying a masternode for DASH , most masternodes aren't easy to set up , today i found a new coin , neoscrypt which promise to set up masternodes up with one click , could be good to try and play with masternodes

/bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3573842.msg36443466#msg36443466

for myself i most buy or mine the coins needed for a masternode and put them on stick for better times
adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 06:59:29 PM

A few years ago I had an opportunity to build a DASH main node, with only 1000 coins and DASH at $1. I'm sorry I didn't go, and now the price of DASH has reached $500. So I think if we have the chance to make a master node, we must do it at once.

Totally agree with this. Masternodes have so much opportunity.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

sunnydmd

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:12:09 PM

Curious to know people's past experiences or non-experiences with Masternodes.
I did try, but I think it is too hard and dangerous for people who did not know anything yet. not too hard, but definitely not easy for everyone. specially when you're dealing with big amount of money.
so I did not try it again anymore.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: