Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:26:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [1080 | 1080TI] ETHlargement - The Hashrate Hardener  (Read 59559 times)
WhiteGoblin

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:41:21 PM

Thanks for very detailed info! Mind sharing your rig info? esp. 12x direct-to-board motherboard? Is this some kind of a chinese looooong motherboard with x1 PCIe slots or something else? Also how did you watercooled it? I've got some watercooled rigs, higher cost but better longevity, temps and noise, definitely worth it IMO.
Absolutely, I really don't want to interrupt this thread with rig details and such though to cover things quickly. It's an asus b250 mining expert motherboard with 12x EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid Editions. The direct to board reference is my test machine which is a single 1080Ti plugged directly in, no risers. If you want more details, here's the post discussing the rig using ETHlargement though if you just want to see fifty pictures, a parts list, and one long winded build log of the exact system we're talking about, well... I wrote that one too!

I run the same series of posts from over at ArsTechnica on the LinusTechTips forums as well because of the different age ranges present in the communities. Though I generally tend to link people to Ars over LTT just because I've been over there posting for almost twenty years. Sorry for sounding like a herp derp read my blog tool instead of giving you all the info here, this just isn't my thread. Once again THANK YOU to the dev for this tool! Can't wait to see further releases! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:54:58 PM

OhGodAGirl, can you confirm if there is a "private" version of this tool that does more tuning and gives a higher hashrate?

also, did any of you BIOS timing tuning experts work out how to do nVidia BIOS mods and use their firmware signing page to allow the custom BIOS to work? https://gfs.nvidia.com/

Purely curious. Thanks

OhGodADump has existed since I was allowed to publicly release it. You can find it on my personal Git repo. It allows you to do VBIOS modifications, with a little bit of brainpower.

Enjoy!

Is there a reference material to improve the understanding on vbios dump?
ica7000

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:46:57 PM

You could try 65% PL, and rise MemoryClock and get the extra hashrate.

Thanks

Did not rise all that much.  Still danced around 48 to 49.5 at PL 65%.  Raised mem clock to 725 and PL to 71% again to get 51 mH.

BUT... 

your settings may save more on power costs. 
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:41:07 PM

Love the turnaround on the recent YouTube interview.

From

Hey this is crap. It doesn't work. It's probably a scam. Who knows what they're really doing to my precious rig.

To

Oh maybe my setup wasn't quite configured correctly. I changed something and now it's working properly. But I still have these 'hard hitting questions' prepared.

To

Oh you're a person. We can communicate. You're answering my questions reasonably. I really appreciate the time and effort you've put into making this tool and providing it for free.

Good stuff. Roll on May 25!
Pmpautogroup

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Any update on why Asus 1080Ti Turbo cards wont take the meds?
alpha-kevin

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:33:58 AM

Registered an account here just to say thank you very much and to let people know that I've had success with this tool. Generally I'd never believe first time posters on something like this, just seems off, though I've covered it in my mining blog at length. I tend to put alot of time and effort into it as I've got an eighteen year post history over on ArsTechnica so I hope that helps bring some form of legitimacy to my drop in thumbs up of this tool. Generally all I talk about is Monero but I built a 12x 1080Ti rig all on water a while back and this obviously directly applies to it's profitability. I've posted about this neat little tool twice so far, first when I heard about it & here we are with some results now that I've tested it overnight! Insanity, absolutely beating the piss out of my modded up MSI Wave Vega 64s now.

For testing I've been using Claymore v11.7 while dual mining blake2s, inside Windows 10 Pro version 1709. I'm running on the latest v397.31 WHQL drivers that where released on 2018.4.25. I've isolated the .exe, firewalled it, and automated it's existence in both startup and shutdown routines. If you're not looking to read my long winded review of using this but are still a dual miner then let me just toss out to decrease your -dcri values to get the additional eth rates you're seeing everybody else get. I had to reduce my settings by a third to realign things properly for the brave new world of improved eth rates. I've got screenshots covering this from both the local and pool sides of things and I've drawn arrows + labels all over the place attempting to properly explain what's going on. Bottom line I was able to get my direct to board 16x cards up to 55 MH/s eth w/ 1750 MH/s blake2s while the 1x riser cards are chugging along at 53.2 MH/s w/ 1685 MH/s blake2s each. I'm positive we could really get in there and hand tweak things to greater success but I've just not had the time at all yet.

That brings the 12x system up to 638 MH/s for it's primary eth, with peaks from the pool coming in at 818, while still producing 20,200 MH/s on the secondary blake2s. Also just mind blowing good times I caught a screenshot of the pool side report back on the single 1080Ti system peaking at 79.88 MH/s calc hashrate. (dwarfpool) Pretty cool stuff, thank you once again I really appreciate your efforts! Will be watching for new versions!  Grin

'Goblin

Thanks for very detailed info! Mind sharing your rig info? esp. 12x direct-to-board motherboard? Is this some kind of a chinese looooong motherboard with x1 PCIe slots or something else? Also how did you watercooled it? I've got some watercooled rigs, higher cost but better longevity, temps and noise, definitely worth it IMO.

Hey Sir,

I have built a watercooled rig and was curious about your temps and watercooling parts (like EK pump and Radiators or more industrial stuff).
Also how do you take care of the mosfets and capasitors - the weakest part in gpu's in my current understanding- which are often not cooled by the waterblock?

Greetings
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:42:58 AM

There was an obscure Facebook reference post to even further increase the hash rate, here's what I could find:

Download nVidia Profile Inspector
Open it
Make sure Global/Base profile is selected at the top
Scroll down to 5 - Common section
Change CUDA - Force P2 State to Off
Click Apply (top right button)

Now start mining, along with this pill.

You can get upto 57 on 1080ti. But notice the in-correct shares in miner window. If you get in-correct share errors, reduce your memory over-clocks.

I can get stable 54 with this. YMMV.

nitrobg

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:53:03 AM

Open it
Sure, but you can offset the P2 -500MHz throttling by adding +500 to memory overclock, although your rig might crash on idle.
seriousirony

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:01:42 AM

Absolutely, I really don't want to interrupt this thread with rig details and such though to cover things quickly. It's an asus b250 mining expert motherboard with 12x EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid Editions. The direct to board reference is my test machine which is a single 1080Ti plugged directly in, no risers. If you want more details, here's the post discussing the rig using ETHlargement though if you just want to see fifty pictures, a parts list, and one long winded build log of the exact system we're talking about, well... I wrote that one too!

I run the same series of posts from over at ArsTechnica on the LinusTechTips forums as well because of the different age ranges present in the communities. Though I generally tend to link people to Ars over LTT just because I've been over there posting for almost twenty years. Sorry for sounding like a herp derp read my blog tool instead of giving you all the info here, this just isn't my thread. Once again THANK YOU to the dev for this tool! Can't wait to see further releases! Cheesy

Thanks!  Smiley
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:13:35 AM

Open it
Sure, but you can offset the P2 -500MHz throttling by adding +500 to memory overclock, although your rig might crash on idle.

Ah, I see, so that's what it does. Thanks for the info.
winniethepool

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:21:22 AM

I also seek a solution for Asus 1080Ti Turbo cards. I have a bunch of these.
superza

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:30:57 AM

Tried this pill for 1hr and insteresting thing - hash rate pool reported, it slowes down to some 40MH/s from 1080ti. After 1hr I shut down pill window and pool reported has hrate immediately starts to grow to some 55MH/s and stays ))) Very interesting.
BTW this mod makes cards power supply and memory very hot. Tried it on EVGA FTW3 and it has sensors to monitor it. Literally from 65C to 80-82C with 100% fan on Power.

I Had The same Issue;
It worked @52mh +150cpu +720 mem PL 70 65° Temp, randomly after few hours hashrate dropped @46mh  and mem  clock went automatically down to 5000mhz (never see that before!!) temp goes up to 83°
Even restarted it did the same after few hours, three times; I reduce pov lim even also to 60% but behaviour was the same.

I would like to try with a liquid cooled Gpu, anyway this pills looks like pretty unstable.

Tried with.
W10 Pro 64Bit
Claymore 11.6 and 11.7
Nvidia Driver 397.31
Afterburner 4.4.2

Update with photo; see memory clock temp and unstable hashrate if i apply once again afterburner settings situation normalize. May be an afterburner bug in the interaction with pills

https://ibb.co/fA7BEH

grotoc

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:06:42 PM

Hi,

I tried my 6 x 1080ti on SimpleMining, but I only went from 35Mh/s to 40Mh/s. Anyone else in my case ?
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:35:13 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

First I want to thank the authors for this great tool and for their giving spirit to help the community. I would encourage everyone to donate some or all of their first week or two's increased profits to the developers to promote such releases in the future.

Secondly, I want to add my voice that this tool does indeed work as advertised. I have been running it now on my 1080TI rigs for the past 4 days and can verify that not only does it increase the hashrate as shown in the miner, but also increases the shares submitted to the pool.

My first test of this software was on a smaller 4x1080TI rig I have and the rig's poolside shares went from ~150 per hour on the Ethermine pool to around 190 per hour after using the enlargement tool. This corresponds pretty closely with the rig hashrate going from 140 MH/s to 200 MH/s, or the difference of going from around 35MH/s to 50MH/s per 1080TI.

After having switched my remaining 1080TI rigs over they all displayed similar results, with cards running from 49 to 52 MH/s and increased share count pool-side.

Myself I think some of the haters and disbelievers may have other agendas at play and they get mad when people release such helpful tools to the community, especially for free. I hope the people who are taking advantage of the increased performance of this tool can realize this and not only help cast light on the trolls for what they are, but also to recognize that a small donation will help to promote this type of software in the future.

If you do not choose to donate, realize if that becomes the prevalent attitude, in time the only software available to the public will be either with developer fees, costing you a lot more in the long run than a donation would, or remain in private hands of the big farmers everyone claims to so despise.

Once again to the developers, thank you for this great software as I for one appreciate it.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:40:14 PM

First I want to thank the authors for this great tool and for their giving spirit to help the community. I would encourage everyone to donate some or all of their first week or two's increased profits to the developers to promote such releases in the future.

Secondly, I want to add my voice that this tool does indeed work as advertised. I have been running it now on my 1080TI rigs for the past 4 days and can verify that not only does it increase the hashrate as shown in the miner, but also increases the shares submitted to the pool.

My first test of this software was on a smaller 4x1080TI rig I have and the rig's poolside shares went from ~150 per hour on the Ethermine pool to around 190 per hour after using the enlargement tool. This corresponds pretty closely with the rig hashrate going from 140 MH/s to 200 MH/s, or the difference of going from around 35MH/s to 50MH/s per 1080TI.

After having switched my remaining 1080TI rigs over they all displayed similar results, with cards running from 49 to 52 MH/s and increased share count pool-side.

Myself I think some of the haters and disbelievers may have other agendas at play and they get mad when people release such helpful tools to the community, especially for free. I hope the people who are taking advantage of the increased performance of this tool can realize this and not only help cast light on the trolls for what they are, but also to recognize that a small donation will help to promote this type of software in the future.

If you do not choose to donate, realize if that becomes the prevalent attitude, in time the only software available to the public will be either with developer fees, costing you a lot more in the long run than a donation would, or remain in private hands of the big farmers everyone claims to so despise.

Once again to the developers, thank you for this great software as I for one appreciate it.

Well said, :claps:

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Dagamus(NM)

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:46:03 PM

Boo, no ETHlargement for my Titan XPs.

As there are two variants of Titan X for the Pascal generation (XP and Xp) do we know if it is working on the XP version? I would very much love to switch over to a lower power algorithm for the summer months.

I ask as the Xp version may be a little different than the XP. More cores and stuff.

I've tried launching it as administrator from the downloaded package as well as using this in the command prompt (elevated)

C:\Users\jmcgo\Downloads\OhGodAnETHlargementPill-master>start OhGodAnETHlargementPill-r2 --revA 0,1

It opens the window saying my guys are being served but no change in hashrate on Claymore.
rusulika

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:26:46 PM

Good lord.

Guys. It says there, right in the tool - it's 1080 and 1080Ti (okay, and now TitanXP) only. Literally.

Your P104-100 will not work. Your P106-100 will not work. Your RX470 will definitely not work.

The tool is for ETHhereum. That's why it's called ETHlargement. That's the joke.

Your shares get reflected at the pool. Wait a few damn hours.

No, this tool isn't responsible for killing your rigs, eating your children, your MyEtherWallet being hacked or your land rates increasing.

If you don't trust OhGodACompany, don't run it.

However: if you DO have a TitanXP, 1080 or 1080Ti that isn't running this tool correctly, please, let us know on GitHub or here. These edge cases are usually due to users not running as root/admin, but, hey, who knows, maybe there's RevC memory wandering out there somwhere.

Hello ..first I want to congratulate you on a great job .. i got some 1080 and 1080ti that are very erect right now ..unfortunately I have some Titan XP that are not hanging proud .. i will attach a pic with the shameful state of things . Your input would be greatly appreciated . Thank you in advance

https://i.imgur.com/jgijwJj.png

merglis

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:19:14 PM

+
Ainars

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:46:28 PM

+

+

Asus 1080Ti Turbo cards wont take the meds, but "Gigabyte 1080Ti GAMING OC" took the pill and runs as hell like on meth achieving 54Mh/s - wow
xpulse

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:54:47 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 07:10:10 PM by xpulse

Can someone know why power on some cards is not in use 100%

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 387.22                 Driver Version: 387.22                    |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:01:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   34C    P2   148W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11171MiB |     96%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
|   1  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:04:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   44C    P2   136W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     98%      Default |
|   2  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:08:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   45C    P2   127W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     99%      Default |
|   3  GeForce GTX 107...  On   | 00000000:09:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   53C    P2   140W / 140W |   2693MiB /  8114MiB |     96%      Default |
|   4  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0A:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   39C    P2   144W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     97%      Default |
|   5  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0B:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   51C    P2   161W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     97%      Default |
|   6  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0C:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   44C    P2   176W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     95%      Default |
|   7  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0D:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   43C    P2   128W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     94%      Default |
|   8  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0E:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   37C    P2   166W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     97%      Default |
|   9  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0F:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   42C    P2   166W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     96%      Default |
|  10  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:10:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   46C    P2   154W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     99%      Default |
|  11  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:11:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   39C    P2   172W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     97%      Default |

As well as I can see P2 is not full speed state P0 in NVidia is full power state.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: