Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:21:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB - Im looking for 2BTC - Paypal - Gox price  (Read 3251 times)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:15:35 PM

Hi Stevenrm87,

The police could find out your adress: You live in the United States in San Jose, California? That is great because our company is also located in the US (Nevada).
You will receive very funny letters from the police next time for calling us "scammers" and "bastards". Of course you could delete the posts but we personally had showed our police department and our lawyer the posted texts and had saved them in screenshots and other useful things, so you could let them there  Wink

Cheers
Bitcoiner222
Bitcoiner222

Why all this bluster?  You should be as happy as a pig in shit that he backed out of the deal.  BTC are headed toward $1000.  You can now sell these BTC for much more than you were going to sell them to Stevenrm87.  Police?  "funny letters"?  Lawyer?  Get real.  You have lost nothing.  Issue the refund.  He will remove the negative rating.  Let it go.  If you are a scammer then you suck at it because no matter what you do you will never get to keep the PayPal USD anyway!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stevenrm87 (OP)

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:19:18 PM

i sent him paypal payment and i did get the coins.. my post can be found

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=337740.0

i also left positive feedback for the user.

my transaction took place about 2 hours before this "scam" took place. it took him around 40 mins to send the coins not sure why you did a chargeback so fast you could have waited a few hours. As you made the chargeback so fast i would have thought you warrant a scammertag. This is based on my experince with the seller.
OK, fine, maybe he should not have done the chargeback so fast, stated above several times and now assumed a given.

At this point that is water under the bridge.  Both parties agree that the BTC were never sent.  Therefore the seller should immediatly refund the PayPal USD and we can put this all behind us.  Why has he not issued a refund?  Why all the bluster about lawyers, etc?  He has no reason to not issue the refund.

All this calling each other scammer is total bullshit.  However:

I would not do business with the buyer since he is so "trigger happy" with the chargeback.

I would not do business with the seller as he has not issued the refund and most likely is using a sockpuppet to try and bolster his "case" whatever that is.

Me calling him a scammer is not bullshit. He still has refused to send my USD back via paypal. I have nothing, which = scammed. Plus, he broke written agreement to "immediately send BTC upon receipt of paypal payment. He broke this agreement by telling me to wait till next day AFTER I PAID. THAT ALONE is enough to call off the deal (again I recevied no BTC).

I gave him an out. I told him to just refund my payment and we each move on. He refused, He is a scammer. Nuff said

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:22:47 PM

Me calling him a scammer is not bullshit. He still has refused to send my USD back via paypal. I have nothing, which = scammed. Plus, he broke written agreement to "immediately send BTC upon receipt of paypal payment. He broke this agreement by telling me to wait till next day AFTER I PAID. THAT ALONE is enough to call off the deal (again I recevied no BTC).

I gave him an out. I told him to just refund my payment and we each move on. He refused, He is a scammer. Nuff said

Fine.  You will get your money back so as I said if he is a scammer he totally sucks at it.  So, what have you learned from all this?  That is what is imporant here.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Exdeus

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:23:11 PM

my transaction took place about 2 hours before this "scam" took place. it took him around 40 mins to send the coins not sure why you did a chargeback so fast you could have waited a few hours. As you made the chargeback so fast i would have thought you warrant a scammertag. This is based on my experince with the seller.
OK, fine, maybe he should not have done the chargeback so fast, stated above several times and now assumed a given.

At this point that is water under the bridge.  Both parties agree that the BTC were never sent.  Therefore the seller should immediatly refund the PayPal USD and we can put this all behind us.  Why has he not issued a refund?  Why all the bluster about lawyers, etc?  He has no reason to not issue the refund.

All this calling each other scammer is total bullshit.  However:

I would not do business with the buyer since he is so "trigger happy" with the chargeback.

I would not do business with the seller as he has not issued the refund and most likely is using a sockpuppet to try and bolster his "case" whatever that is.

doing a refund on a chargeback is shady:

here:  http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1885101

if the seller wanted to scam why would he use paypal? thats my issue.

► FREE Cryptocurrency◄ ♦ FREE Cryptocurrency  ♦ ►  FREE Cryptocurrency◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Click HERE For FREE DOGE   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Stevenrm87 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:25:55 PM

my transaction took place about 2 hours before this "scam" took place. it took him around 40 mins to send the coins not sure why you did a chargeback so fast you could have waited a few hours. As you made the chargeback so fast i would have thought you warrant a scammertag. This is based on my experince with the seller.  I am happy to post a printscreen on the transaction. I don’t normally post but you seem to have a serious attitude problem.

If I had filed a chargeback AFTER I received BTC then yes I would warrant a scammertag. This is simply not the case.

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:28:52 PM

I had prepared to send him the BTC, but my wallet checks every single transaction manually, so it could takes a few hours until he would had received them.

That doesn't make any sense!

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:29:19 PM

doing a refund on a chargeback is shady:

here:  http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1885101

if the seller wanted to scam why would he use paypal? thats my issue.

Explain what the thread you posted has to do with the case at hand.  I don't see any connection.

Stevenrm87 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:29:42 PM

Fine.  You will get your money back so as I said if he is a scammer he totally sucks at it.  So, what have you learned from all this?  That is what is imporant here.

I have learned that I should probably use a better source to obtain BTC

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:30:25 PM

I had prepared to send him the BTC, but my wallet checks every single transaction manually, so it could takes a few hours until he would had received them.

He does not have an actual wallet.  His BTC are at a "service" - we don't know which one as he has not said.

Exdeus

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:32:41 PM

my transaction took place about 2 hours before this "scam" took place. it took him around 40 mins to send the coins not sure why you did a chargeback so fast you could have waited a few hours. As you made the chargeback so fast i would have thought you warrant a scammertag. This is based on my experince with the seller.  I am happy to post a printscreen on the transaction. I don’t normally post but you seem to have a serious attitude problem.

If I had filed a chargeback AFTER I received BTC then yes I would warrant a scammertag. This is simply not the case.

your missing my point because you did a chargeback so fast you didnt give him time to send the coins. what it my eyes makes you shady.

───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Click HERE For FREE DOGE   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Stevenrm87 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:33:33 PM

Eaxactly!

Or the fact that his English skills were really good all the way up until I paid and he started to ramble (via PM) about why he didnt send the BTC "yet" Its like as soon as his scam started to emerge his English skills went out the window, which is like scammer talk IMO

Stevenrm87 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:37:21 PM

your missing my point because you did a chargeback so fast you didnt give him time to send the coins. what it my eyes makes you shady.

If you go to buy a product and the seller tells you, you will receive the product "immediately after making payment" (lets use a lap dance as an example) you pay for a lap dance but the stripper then tells you that you have to now wait until tomorrow to get it. Do you think you would be in the right to then call off the transaction? I believe so

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:39:23 PM

You charged back way too fast...  Atleast give the guy an hour or so. 
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:43:19 PM

You charged back way too fast...  Atleast give the guy a day or two. an hour or so.  
FIFY

Buying BTC is not the same a buying a lap dance.  Things happen and there is no reason to not wait for a couple of days before doing the chargeback.  Wouldn't you have been much better of to have waited a few days?  He may have gotten you the BTC at that price and you would be sitting on a nice profit now.  I understand you got concerned but you were in the drivers seat with nothing to lose so, next time:

Deal with a reputable person
Wait a few days before pulling the chargeback trigger.

Stevenrm87 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:43:59 PM

You charged back way too fast...  Atleast give the guy an hour or so. 

He told me I would have to wait until the next day to receive the 2BTC but told me this AFTER I made payment. Prior to payment he said he would send BTC "Immediately after Payment".

lencom

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:44:16 PM

So.. can steven get a tag? He does have sockpuppets.. Cindi's already been busted in a lie..

FYI I know a plethora of females who trade btc.

Another FYI.. Maybe once you sent the Paypal.. he got suspicious.. Why are u still talking about it anyways.. In the end.. both of you guys are suspicious. You charged back fast.. and he may have not been trying to scam him. Next time you deal with paypal.. Do what i do. USE ESCROW AND SEND THE ESCROWER A COPY OF YOUR ID AND SCREENCAP OF PAYPAL ACCT THAT SHOWS YOUR NAME AND MUST MATCH.
Exdeus

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:46:38 PM

i won a instant prize the other day it was a new keyboard i took it to my local shop and said i won a keyboard in this magazine im here to claim my keyboard. The shop keeper said you need to send away for it and give it time to come to your house i said no it says instant win all of a sudden a keyboard fell into my arms.

true story.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:46:51 PM

So.. can steven Bitcoiner222 get a tag? He does have sockpuppets.. Cindi's already been busted in a lie..

FYI I know a plethora of females who trade btc.
Get your sockpuppet master right.

realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:55:21 PM

the problem is that if he waited days and the guy is a scammer by then he would have already taken the money out of the paypal account then the sender is stuck with nothing because paypal will not reimburse you from their own pocket they take the money back from the receivers account but if the receiver has no funds in their paypal account the account just goes negative and the sender is left with nothing ive had this happen to me before in the past i was just stuck with nothing
Exdeus

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:02:02 PM

the problem is that if he waited days and the guy is a scammer by then he would have already taken the money out of the paypal account then the sender is stuck with nothing because paypal will not reimburse you from their own pocket they take the money back from the receivers account but if the receiver has no funds in their paypal account the account just goes negative and the sender is left with nothing ive had this happen to me before in the past i was just stuck with nothing

you can cash out with paypal in 30 seconds as soon as funds land so he would be in the same boat. If he was going to be scammed it would have happend as soon as he sent payment. so waiting 24 hours wouldnt have changed anything.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: