Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:40:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got merits, lots of them - do you want some??  (Read 2960 times)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 02:04:19 PM

Lastly, I wonder if any of the people on this forum that are constantly telling others to learn English have ever made a personal effort to learn another language before preaching others to learn theirs. Those who try may discover new cultures, new ways of thinking, but mostly they will discover by themselves the magnitude of the task that they are demanding from others in the name of some self-given superiority.

I learnt French and Latin at school, but I'm a bit rusty with them. I learnt quite a bit of American when I had an American girl friend, and I used to visit her three of four times a year. If you have English as your first language, you have a bit of a problem deciding which language to choose as an addition one, unless you have family or business associations of course. I think that I would choose Chinese or Russian if I had to decide now.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Retty

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:39:07 PM

Great post, although I am brand new here really, I am from the UK and not really here because i need to try and make moneyfrom this, there are plenty of other avenues to go down if people want to make money online, you just have to think outside the box and work hard at it.  Grin

With regards to what you're saying about 3rd world posters, yep, you can see them a mile off! Don't get me wrong i do feel bad for them, and would rather be in my position than theirs, but the same repetitive posts most definitely help their case- quite the opposite infact.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:54:39 PM

Lastly, I wonder if any of the people on this forum that are constantly telling others to learn English have ever made a personal effort to learn another language before preaching others to learn theirs.
Yeah, they didn't even know how hard it is for people who don't speak their language more often. English is not my first language but I've been studying how to speak English fluently since when I'm in Elementary School until now, I'm a college student but still having trouble to speak English clearly. It's due to people around here doesn't speak English too much.

I think that I would choose Chinese or Russian if I had to decide now.
I would prefer to learn Japanese if ever that I've learned English 88% successfully.

404 Not Found
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:03:58 AM

Lastly, I wonder if any of the people on this forum that are constantly telling others to learn English have ever made a personal effort to learn another language before preaching others to learn theirs. Those who try may discover new cultures, new ways of thinking, but mostly they will discover by themselves the magnitude of the task that they are demanding from others in the name of some self-given superiority.

I learnt French and Latin at school, but I'm a bit rusty with them. I learnt quite a bit of American when I had an American girl friend, and I used to visit her three of four times a year. If you have English as your first language, you have a bit of a problem deciding which language to choose as an addition one, unless you have family or business associations of course. I think that I would choose Chinese or Russian if I had to decide now.

American? I am not sure what you mean  Roll Eyes Like color and colour or centre and center and all that?

It is fine to help people learn English, I am just complaining about members that put all the focus on the language.

mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2135

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 03:15:34 PM

Regarding all this, I think that mentions to "third world countries" as a diminishing term should be avoided all together.
<...>

Yeah, you're right.. looking back, I often called my country as a third world country. Completely forget about the rich culture and different value to offers. #FeelsBadMan

<...>
It is fine to help people learn English, I am just complaining about members that put all the focus on the language.
<...>

This is rather complicated since to be able to post on the global board, we need decent English. It doesn't have to perfect, but good enough for everyone to understand. Also, any good material about cryptocurrency still in English, so I think we have no option if we want to catch up (in term of knowledge). Maybe, if the majority of literature about cryptocurrency has been translated, we don't have to rely on English. But I'm pessimistic about that. Yeah, it makes my balls itchy, but nothing I can do except occasionally post on local board.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
anushkasachith888

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:40:11 AM

Appreciate your effort to make this post here. I didn't try much to get mertis last few months, people say it is very hard to get merits these days. However I have been able to get 9 mertis and 1 short of being a member. I think I have made good posts before and i got the rewards.

jayyen

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:39:14 AM

Merits are so much coveted after these days since you need a lot of it to move in higher ranks on this forum.So to get merits is very difficult and really hard here for many of us.Even though you make quality posts,people are just not interested in reading not even to think of getting merits from them.I think There is a bit selfishness.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 07:27:19 AM

Thatbwas a very nice one. I like the caption of your thread, and as you said it's true. We need to keep the forum healthy with quality posts. I will make sure to post better each day so that i can contribute healthfully to the forum.
In fact, your thread contributed nothing to the TMAN's topic.
What do you think about your approach in the forum after merit system launched, keep posting non-sense threads as efforts to beg for merits?

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
paxmao
Legendary

Merit: 1575

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:03:00 AM

Regarding all this, I think that mentions to "third world countries" as a diminishing term should be avoided all together.
<...>

Yeah, you're right.. looking back, I often called my country as a third world country. Completely forget about the rich culture and different value to offers. #FeelsBadMan

<...>
<...>

This is rather complicated since to be able to post on the global board, we need decent English. It doesn't have to perfect, but good enough for everyone to understand. Also, any good material about cryptocurrency still in English, so I think we have no option if we want to catch up (in term of knowledge). Maybe, if the majority of literature about cryptocurrency has been translated, we don't have to rely on English. But I'm pessimistic about that. Yeah, it makes my balls itchy, but nothing I can do except occasionally post on local board.

Develop your local forum, post more often useful stuff and it will grow.

TMAN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 01:09:46 PM

Thank you for this tip and advice. I have taken it in but somehow along the way, I have not gained any confidence when I am either posting or commenting because it seems like I am still posting rubbishes and junks. I even researched what a quality post should be and made it as one of my threads here but I cannot really fathom its true meaning.

Learn and share knowledge with other helping. As a new member that is the best path.

while I appreciate you helping newbies out and was about to give you a merit for one of the replies you ended up fucking that up by not reading the rules yourself.. maybe read the forum rules and understand that multiple posts are not allowed!

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
ash_waz

Activity: 57
Merit: 8

Passionate learner and writer

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:04:19 PM

I get merits easily, sure I know "its easy for you as you have been here ages" ETC ETC.. but for those who actually want to level up and be a part of this community then I will do my best to advise you.

Here is a link to the original thread in Meta. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3182178.0

This will help only a few people here as most will just want the bounty Moniez.. but for those who can think a little bigger, and those of you who are here for the right reasons then.

I am adamant the number one cause of no merits is poor English, this is something you can change if you are struggling to get merits so if you know that this is the limitation then you need to take some steps

* Improve your English language, this isnt just spelling and grammar this includes using words like Sir & Mr when I see those I immediately assume the person is a 3rd world poster
* Spend the time that you currently use posting incoherent rubbish to learn proper Written English, start with youtube there has to be over 3002 different videos about writing the English Language also
   https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English-Online was recommended by another poster
* Read a few English books, you can download free Ebooks as a starter, look how sentences are structured common words etc.
* Remember a quality post isnt necessarily a long winded post, using words that make you sound like you swallowed a thesauras doesnt help your cause

Take the above advise and stop trying to level up for 3-6 months you will become a quality poster if you use some more of your free time reading the forum, this doesn't mean bounties, altcoins, speculation all the shit subs.. and only post in a few threads every week, no need to try to max out the activity now, sure you want to keep getting towards the higher numbers but its counter productive when we see high activity and 0 merit. Read technical discussion, read all of the most merited threads, understand the significance of Pizza day, the 2011 bubble, Cyprus, HODL, the fall of all the securities that some of us lost the equivalent of $Millions now.

one other thing, you need to stop these bounties, I know it hurts you now financially, but seeing someone in a low end bounty for $20 just makes me assume they are a 3rd world poster and with a great initiative by BTCforJoe there is an option to help https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.0 That thread is a tremendous Idea so props to OP there

a few more things
Do NOT call Sr Members Sir, Mr or any other shit like that, It is not needed.
READ THE FUCKING RULES, both forum rules and individual board rules.
Don't post in Bitcoin Discussion or Economics and wherever you are do NOT post in megathreads, I guarantee you have nothing new to say.
Humor is good, lots of people get merit for silly one liners if they are funny.

Good luck all you newbies, I hope this helps a few of you. Please do not PM me begging for merits, I will ask DT members to tag you if you do.

EDIT: use the search button, so many redundant threads

Thanks so much for taking time and writing this. Really appreciate it. I read a few of the stuff written by you and I am not surprised why you been receiving the merits you have. Lots to take from this article and hopefully I would be as good as you! :-)
rn4j0r

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 03:40:08 PM

Don't post in Bitcoin Discussion or Economics and wherever you are do NOT post in megathreads, I guarantee you have nothing new to say.

Yea, I see these threads with 50+ or even 100s of pages that constantly get bumped up in recent posts. A lot of the comments in them are all from new posts posting 30-40 chars of text and that's it. It's rather obvious they are just posting to get their post count numbers to go up and not really contributing anything to the actual thread or main discussion.

Good tip, I certainly stay away from the large threads.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:21:55 AM

Dear newbies, here is one thing more to remember:
Don't quote long posts (often is the OP) without editing them. It's awful reading the same wall of text 20 times per page.
It's very simple. If you are referring to the whole post, then just quote it, delete the text and write ~snip~ or similar, that it.
If you referring to a part of the text, just leave this part and remove the rest.

Sorry TMAN for the off-topic.

Gwapoman

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 07:19:54 AM

I don't think speaking good english is the real basis of members that reward merits..this user POST is one example of it..As long as you can understand the posers point and gets the real value of the post, it's already enough to rewards the user some merits.

although, speaking good english is really a big advantage in this forum because majority of the users and world uses it, i still don't see it as the main factor to gain merits in this forum.for me,it's a matter of how useful and informative value of the post.

██    DON'T POST SHITPOST  ██
soccer_crowds

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:15:51 AM

Regarding all this, I think that mentions to "third world countries" as a diminishing term should be avoided all together. I think that does not require an explanation for most people with a couple of neurons+ on their brains, but just in case:

1 - Among the things you don't choose in life are your parents, the place you are born and the language that is spoken on it.
2 - A crappy post is a crappy post and an informative one can even be written poorly and is still great.

Just look for good information and forget about the comas.

- paxmao - proudly able to speak 3 languages, none of them correctly.

paxmao - proudly able to make a great post.
Someday I will have merits, and maybe much more, to share with you.

discover by themselves the magnitude of the task that they are demanding from others

Young people have it easier in this context, for adults to learn a new language can be really hard.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: