Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:09:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prices will some day fluctuate less?  (Read 1229 times)
Elkafi

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:26:35 PM

Do you think that someday the prices for Bitcoin will fluctuate less and ppl will be able to use more as a currency, and not only as a form of investment?

If the market demand is higher than supply , I think the fluctuate less. maybe in few years again. I hope it.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:47:37 PM

Do you think that someday the prices for Bitcoin will fluctuate less and ppl will be able to use more as a currency, and not only as a form of investment?
This is one of the main problems of bitcoin. Until bitcoin is used primarily as a means for investment, that is, as a means of accumulating value, it will grow in value, manifest itself as a financial bubble, and its volatility will become more and more. In the end, it could ruin him. The more its price becomes, the more risky will be the investment in it. If negative news coincides with a decrease in its value with the next manifestation of volatility, it can lead to panic and bitcoin may fall to its original value.
Until bitcoin is used primarily as a means of investment ? I guess you know the fact it is more like a speculative asset now that we have it as it is. Nothing drives the price except for just pure speculation and then you wonder how it is ever going to be sustainable in the long run.

The real usefulness of bitcoin was mainly supposed to be as a currency and asset base is just one of the positive sides of it, but it seems more attention is being focused on the investment aspect than the real life usage aspect which the latter is really what we need to see a less fluctuating price.
potatocorner

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:54:58 PM

Hopefully, prices of the crypto currencies would be much stable and specific in the future, because as what you have said, it is possible that it will be used by more people as a currency and if this is possible, then we can use bitcoin on a daily basis. Large companies will accept and use it and people can use it anytime, anywhere they want.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jaydis

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:10:46 PM

Yes! It is possible and I think that is normal thing in this world especially in this type of business, it turns go up and down the currency of market depending on the globalisation we must think twice and be smarter to how can we arrive from that situation, and someday it fluctuate less and the main reason is high demand than supply and actually nowadays we already happened and experiencing it in Bitcoin world.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:32:03 PM

If the market demand is higher than supply , I think the fluctuate less. maybe in few years again. I hope it.

That's just nonsense. In the last years the demand has always been higher than the supply, which is the main reason we are where we are right now.

The underlying causes for volatility are the undeveloped market, greedy way of trading/investing, not knowing what people invest in (ignorance), serious lack of liquidity, etc. One aspect is already enough to get the market to bounce up and down, but when you combine all of them, it perfectly explains why Bitcoin's market is one crazy roller coaster. It directly applies to other crypto currencies as well.

Hate it or love it, I absolutely love it. I see how people keep referring to volatility as being a serious problem, but it really isn't. If you are in for the long term, you don't have to deal with the volatility at all. If you trade the volatile markets and you don't like it because you are losing, then just quit. It's very simple. It's pointless for people to let themselves suffer from their own idiotic behavior. Volatility isn't a problem, but people themselves are.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:44:13 PM

It already happened, the price of bitcoins has sky rocket to $19k dollar and now it was down to $10k so we can say that bitcoin price is really profitable if you are going to hold your coins and wait for it price to grow before selling it again.
Profitable is totally different from fluctuation bro. I don’t understand if some of you find it hard to comprehend though.
The price of bitcoin rising from $10k to $19k within a very short period is one of the high level of fluctuation we are talking about which resulted to a huge drop in value which we are still basically trying to recover from now.

The only time we can get to see less fluctuation is when we start having real demand. Virtually, most of the people demanding for bitcoin now just want to get rich, not because they see the currency value in it and that sucks.
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:57:53 AM

I think now it is the right time to see how good bitcoin is getting, price of bitcoin is increasing because people are earning high with it, almost 90% of people are earning from bitcoin because demand is getting high than supply, people are now very interested to get bitcoin as it has power to change life and make us rich right after buying one year before we go to sell it.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:12:16 AM

I think now it is the right time to see how good bitcoin is getting, price of bitcoin is increasing because people are earning high with it, almost 90% of people are earning from bitcoin because demand is getting high than supply, people are now very interested to get bitcoin as it has power to change life and make us rich right after buying one year before we go to sell it.
Prices fluctuations is dictated by the supply and demand since bitcoin is very volatile because people's considered it as an investment, not as regular currency and investors are always watching, the price monitoring, when  there is a significant changes they might be a mass dump or buy, that is the fluctuations is unpredictable.

ngano ba

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:51:53 AM

Time is changing and events also is changing thete is no constant event but variable, there will be time the price value of coins will fluctuate less than the usual fluctuation rate , this really will happen to the market index.
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:56:42 AM

Time is changing and events also is changing thete is no constant event but variable, there will be time the price value of coins will fluctuate less than the usual fluctuation rate , this really will happen to the market index.
I believe so.We may not predict correctly what will happen in the future,but i think the price will only fluctuate less once all the  people in different countries decide to use bitcoin for their transactions.And hopefully the government will soon to adopt bitcoin as an official currency.

richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:56:12 AM

There are times when the price will become a little stable, it happens most of the times and it even happened this year. But where you are wrong is on becoming a currency, it can’t be a currency, rather it can only be an asset and what we do with it is investment.

But as always, money can always be used as money, and no matter what you can always find a way to make use of Bitcoin in buying and selling, but it can never be a country’s currency.
Barrueco

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:40:47 AM

Mathematically yes. We are going to see these boring days and I think these days are not too far away.
More concentration = more volatility
More diluted = less volatility
It is going to be more difficult to manipulate BTC when the number of BTC holder is bigger.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:21:19 PM

Yes of course, when cryptocurrencies is already widespreaded and has a very huge market cap. I think thats the key, market cap.
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:00:49 PM

I think when the demand higher than supply, The matket price will rise. maybe in the future it will happen.
That is a normal economic principle and basically, the only thing that can cause that increase in demand right now is the usage as currency which it was mainly created for which we are totally forgetting except that everybody wants to get rich overnight which makes it easy for the whales to manipulate the market to their benefit.

In the sense where we have a real life usage, and adoption grows, this would bring in room for real demand and not the type we had been having and this is the only time we can see sustainable value, more demand, and less fluctuations to the lower side.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:42:05 PM

price fluctuations may be less once the market grow up to trillion dollars then we can see stability of price growth in coming years we may see it
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:48:53 PM

As for fluctuations in prices for bitcoins in the future, it is difficult to answer, but, most likely, we will not get away from it anywhere. But I think that in the future we will increasingly use bitcoin and other currencies, namely, as a method of payment.

lokanot0

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 08:57:53 PM

We all hope so, in the near future. If there are more people and those high profiled one's acknowledges and uses bitcoin, then it's possible for bitcoin to be a future global currency.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:01:43 PM

It might on majors coins ihmo.

Until we see some common usage, day to day there'll be no incentive to the market to go that way tho.

So probably no tommorrow, probably not for all coins. But it will definetly happen.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:03:06 PM

This is one of the main problems of bitcoin. Until bitcoin is used primarily as a means for investment, that is, as a means of accumulating value, it will grow in value, manifest itself as a financial bubble, and its volatility will become more and more. In the end, it could ruin him. The more its price becomes, the more risky will be the investment in it. If negative news coincides with a decrease in its value with the next manifestation of volatility, it can lead to panic and bitcoin may fall to its original value.
It is possible that bitcoin becomes very similar to gold, in the past even if gold was a currency the most circulated of the two precious metals gold and silver was silver, so it's possible that bitcoin will be used mainly as an investment and as a store of value that you can also use as a currency, but that another coin will be the one to be used mostly as a currency.
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:14:46 PM

This is everyone's desire. The fluctuations are because of the newness of cryptocurrencies and the blockchain technology. People are somewhat skeptical about having long term investments because they think that anything could happen the second day, making them lose their money. That is why prices plummet when any news is unfavourable towards crypto.
I believe pepole will come to terms with its potentials and be willing to hold cryptos for a long term, thereby leading to price stability.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: